X10 Step Review

Cruncholi

Cathlete
X10 Step Review: like the other X10s on this disc, the Step workout provides nonstop action. You warm up, then step for about 7 minutes, raise the step height for some metabolic compound movements with weights for 3-4 minutes, then stretch, all in 26 minutes. Get 'er done!

Did you cringe when Cathe added the risers and grabbed that 15lber?

I have not tried this segment of X10 as yet.
I can hear you though when you mention about adding risers;) It does whip legs into another level of challenge:D:D:D

Hmmm did you mentioned 15 pound dumbbell?

I've done this one twice. I matched cathes weights the second time. I was surprised by the doms in my butt from this one. No joke I could not walk properly the next day I hurt so much. It's a goodie. X10 is my most used DVD cos I'm using these as finishers. What a great idea this DVD was.

Same here ! I've used X10 in so many ways - as a warm up for weight work , quick cardio or for the ultimate X77 . The X10 step w/ the 15 lb. weight is no joke !

I'm such a wimp: I added only one riser to each side (for a total of 3) and used a 12 lb dumbbell instead. I did X77 last night and I just knew I was in trouble when I was tired after this one section...

I'm such a wimp: I added only one riser to each side (for a total of 3) and used a 12 lb dumbbell instead. I did X77 last night and I just knew I was in trouble when I was tired after this one section...

I'm working my way up to X77. I've tried most alone and did 2 of the premixes, double low impact and X34. That one winded me, but I also didn't do all the shoulder presses, so I used heavier weights. I haven't tried the step one yet, that's next.

I'm working my way up to X77. I've tried most alone and did 2 of the premixes, double low impact and X34. That one winded me, but I also didn't do all the shoulder presses, so I used heavier weights. I haven't tried the step one yet, that's next.

I figured out why I was so tired: the next day I woke up with a sore throat and now I have a full blown upper respiratory infection. Goes to show I need to listen to my body more and should not have pushed it beyond the Step section when it wasn't feeling it.

I agree Swimmer. I've done it by itself and in various premixes--including X77--and I still think it is the most difficult of the 5.

firemedic--I think it is the weight part that makes it so difficult--but not by itself. The fact that it comes after some pretty intense step cardio--then she raises the step to 12 inches makes you to grab weights and brutalizes you. ;)

That's what I thought someone would say. I've been putting off doing this one because I'm not sure how my legs would feel doing that right off the cardio. I usually do my weights for my leg 2 times a week & will usually add on another barre some other day. I'm just not sure how to work this one in, the same goes for the fat burn circuit too. These are the only 2 parts of X10 I haven't done yet.

The step portion itself is also a killer--the second string of moves is particularly tough and then there are long-hop-turns in a row. After all that, raising the step to 4 risers/side and getting that 15 lb dumbbell lets you know she is going to give you a break, no mercy. I was even gasping during those triceps kickbacks at the end. How does Cathe talk during workouts like this one?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.