X-Train Ride Question

jamaica55

For those of you familiar with Cathe's spin workout dvds, do you think you could sub a treadmill for the bike? I understand it's supposed to be a low/no impact workout, but I was wondering if you wanted, if you could do Ride on a treadmill.

Thanks!

That is a very interesting concept!

There are hill climbs and sprints and steady - so okay, sure a treadmill would work for adding incline and increasing speed.

What I can't think of a way to do are for the "sit and stand" moves called jumps and also the hoover.

I'm fairly new to spinning and I don't really use a treadmill so that's all I can think of, but maybe someone would have some other ideas.

Otherwise, the dvd is not very expensive - you could buy it try it; you might come up with some of your own ideas, and if you do you can write a post about it!
Happy New Year :)

Hi Jenniferlove -

Thanks for the reply!

My husband bought me the XTrain bundle for Christmas and also got Ride not knowing it was a spinning workout. I have a treadmill that I could use but before opening it I was wondering if it was possible. I was thinking about selling it (unopened) but thought maybe I could sub the treadmill and keep it.

So 'sit and stand' moves would be the only obstacles? Maybe I'll give it a try - you can't have too many Cathe workouts, right?!

Happy New Year!

What a nice gift from your husband!

I just thought of something you could do for the jumps and hoovers...

I have heard of people jumping off the treadmill and doing squats, weights, pushups, or whatever. Then they jump back onto the treadmill for more cardio...
So I wonder if you might want to do something like that for the jumps; perhaps step off the treadmill and do body-weight pulse squats or squat jumps trying to match Cathe's tempo.

Maybe one day you'll get a spinning bike. Besides, I agree - can't have too many Cathe workouts! LOL!

Those are great suggestions, thank you!
Okay, you talked me into keeping it and trying it on the treadmill. I'll report back how it was!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.