WW people

Cbelle

Cathlete
I'm curious what you eat in a day those of you doing dthe Flex plan. I'm toying with the idea of doing this myself. Thanks!

hi,
i'm doing the flex plan while trying to integrate healthy foods into it, and i highly recommend it. here's a sample day for me:

breakfast -- 1 cup thawed frozen blueberries mixed with 1/2 cup fiber one and 1/8 cup walnuts--this is really yummy and healthy. i also eat 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese on most mornings, especially with i'm lifting weights.

midmorning snack -- carrots or apple or both

lunch -- right now, i'm alternating between three different lunches.
1. yves vegetarian ham & swiss (2 slices of ham, one slice of deli-thin kraft cheese) on 100% whole wheat bread with mustard
2. almond butter and honey (1 tablespoon ab, 1 teaspoon honey) on whole wheat
3. fat free refried black beans, salsa, with 1/8 cup 2% cheese on a la tortilla brand tortilla (only 50 calories for the tortilla)

midafternoon snack--salad, usually 2 cups of spinach, romaine, or both, topped with 1/8 cup walnuts. for dressing, i mix 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil with balsamic vinegar and occasionally dijon mustard.

dinner -- more variation here, but sometimes i eat something as simple as a sweet potato with a little earth balance (margarine substitute that's not hydrogenated) with steamed veggies. i also eat things like brown rice with tofu and veggies and whole wheat pasta topped with homemade marinara-style sauce. fantastic food tacos on the la tortilla tortillas are also a bit hit in our house.

i hope this is somewhat helpful. basically, you can structure what you eat in any way you like so long as you stay within your points values. i'm a vegetarian, so that definitely shapes my diet.

Let me preface this by saying...I'm not a healthy eater naturally...I have to really work on that...the flex plan leaves you feeling less hungry if you like and can eat a lot of vegetables...but here is an idea of what I may eat:
Breakfast: coffee with no more than 4 tbs.(up to 6 tbs. for 1 point) ff half n half and one packet of splenda per cup(2 cups)/High protein cereal bar(2 or 3 points) - total 4 pts. I eat REALLY early so I need something quick in the a.m.
Snack(7:15 or 8:00 a.m.) - Lt. string cheese/apple or natural apple sauce - total 2 pts.
Lunch (10:40 a.m.) - I teach kindergarten and we eat this early - 1/4 c. tuna creations wrapped in a whole wheat totilla w/spinish leaves - total 4pts.
Snack (2:00) - pria bar/pineapple - 3 pts.
Preworkout snack (time varies) - Lt. yogurt w/all bran cereal sprinkled on top - total 2 pts.
Dinner - (time varies) - lean meat/green beans/WW sweet brown bread - 6 pts.
Total pts. for day - 21 pts. -
If I'm weight training or really hungry I will have another snack and use up some activity points. Also, if you are following WW and being really strict I would recommend that you use some of your activity/flex points or you will be really hungry and will probably give into a binge of some sort. WW on line gives you a lot of meal/snack ideas. You could eat a lot more vege's than I do for just a couple more points. I have just joined back up and lost 3 pounds in two weeks. Originally I lost 23 pounds with WW. I now want to lose the last 9 pounds. Good luck!
Angela:7

Good Morning Angela

It sounds like weight watchers is working great for you. I went back maybe 7 weeks ago. I am a lifetimer but of coarse slid back a little.
I am doing the core program and love it. I didn't do good with journaling so the core is working out great. I have lost 2-to 2.4 pounds weekly the first 4 weeks and now I am averaging about a pound a week. I have 1 1/2 pounds to go before my goal but I want to drop another 8-to 10 pounds to hit my personal goal. I just love going to the meetings again I have met so many nice people there and my weight watcher leader is a gem!!.I wish you luck on losing your last 9 pounds you will get there keep up the gtreat work. I am going to go workout and do cathes max intensity cardio and get these pounds off, LOL.

I wish you the best!!!!!!!!!!! and have a great day.

Debbie:) :) ;)

I'm wondering if doing WW will give me the results I'm looking for. I want a more lean, cut, muscular look and was wondering if I Could do WW for this or if I need to do a more tradition "bodybuilding" type diet (protein, eggs, oatmeal etc. like BFL) What do you think?

>I'm wondering if doing WW will give me the results I'm
>looking for. I want a more lean, cut, muscular look and was
>wondering if I Could do WW for this or if I need to do a more
>tradition "bodybuilding" type diet (protein, eggs, oatmeal
>etc. like BFL) What do you think?

I am a ww lifetimer I am just about 10 pounds to my personal goal.ww is a life style change and I go to the meetings for support and motivation. I eat protein,egss,oatmeaL ect.I am following the new ww core plan and I eat a very healthy,carbs,proten,veggies,fruits I eat very balanced and very healthy and I feel more energized as well. I workout with weights,cardio,kickbox,taebo,pilates,stability ball workouts,power walking ect.I have a treadmill and total gym also that I still use on occassionand with my christmas bonus I am buying a new bike for outside and I can't wait. I love to mix up my workouts,for me I found mixing my workouts and instructors I have better results. I have lots of cathe workouts and many other instructors as well and I have great muscle definition in my upper and lower body.

I know a lot of people that do the BFL and like it but I have always loved ww and I plan to stick with it the rest of my life and I have learned that for me going to meetings really help keep me focused and the weight off.

I am sure someone can shed some light on the subject for you for the BFL I wish you the very very best.

Good luck to you. There is a BFL board on the weight watcher websight on the fitness challenge board I am sure they could answer all your questions and they would help you all they could.

Good luck to you.

Deb:) :) ;-)

>I'm wondering if doing WW will give me the results I'm
>looking for. I want a more lean, cut, muscular look and was
>wondering if I Could do WW for this or if I need to do a more
>tradition "bodybuilding" type diet (protein, eggs, oatmeal
>etc. like BFL) What do you think?

>>I'm wondering if doing WW will give me the results I'm
>>looking for. I want a more lean, cut, muscular look and was
>>wondering if I Could do WW for this or if I need to do a
>more
>>tradition "bodybuilding" type diet (protein, eggs, oatmeal
>>etc. like BFL) What do you think?

OOPS SORRY CBELLE
>
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :( I HIT POST MESSAGE ON YOUR QUESTION!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

DEB:) :) :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.