Would you have done it?

dogs2birds

Cathlete
The other day I had a mammogram. As I sat there waiting for the technician to make sure she got everything and didn't need to redo anything, I noticed this container of soap on the side of the sink at the other end of the room. It was facing backwards with the ingredients, etc. facing out. It was really bugging me. But I didn't know quite how long she'd be gone so I just sat there. She came back in and told me that she'd have to redo the whole thing b/c she had the machine set too light and wouldn't be able to read it if there were any shadows. So when she left the room the second time I knew how long she would be gone and I knew I would have time to turn the soap container around so that it would face the proper direction. THANK GOODNESS!!! So of course I did. I felt SO MUCH BETTER.

Last week my neurologist just so happened to mention when I gave him the very neatly written calendar of my migraines with the pain level from 1-10 highlighted (my idea for quick reference) - that HE requested - that people who suffer from migraines tend to be compulsive something or others (of course I can't remember what he said). He kept commenting on what a wonderful job I did. Well, if it wasn't legible he wouldn't have been able to read it, now would he? :)

Would you have done the same thing?

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Sorry, Suz, but no on the soap. I wouldn't have cared which way the soap dispenser was facing. I might have done the migraine table if I really thought the doctor could use it to help me, though.

Hey Nancy!

Two of my friends and I were talking about it at knitting the other night at Barnes & Noble and they were pretty sure everybody would do the same thing because they thought that was pretty normal (I knew better :p). They started talking about all the crazy stuff they do that I would never dream of worrying about so I thought I'd take a little poll and see how many people would be bothered with the little things like this. I don't have to have all the cans in the pantry facing the front or anything weird like that. But the soap thing really got on my nerves. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

My soup cans all face the front! I'm so OCD (but in a good way I think!) I even write my grocery list in order of the store.

I would've fixed the soap too. BTW - No migraines here!

Hmm, I think I may have fixed the soap dispenser...not sure. It would have depended on my mood as I am more compulsive in certain moods. I do get migraines but they seem to be hormone-controlled (like if I miss a Pill or start a new kind of Pill or if it's just my period).

I also totally write my grocery list in order of the store and in neat categories, but my handwriting is a mess.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

As for the grocery list - I don't think I'm organized enough to do that. And even then I don't think I would. But I do like to keep all the produce in the same place for ease of shopping. Well, and the dairy stuff. Okay, and other things that I know are near each other. But that's just because I know that things are close to other things and it will make my shopping experience easier - not because I'm compulsive. ;)

Suz

I wouldn't turn the soap around at the doctor's office but I would at home. I really don't care how others organize but it does bother me at my house or in my office. I don't turn the cans facing the right direction in the pantry but I do put like items together (i.e. all the green beans together, all the tuna cans together, etc.). I also write my grocery list in order of my route through the store. My Cathe DVDs...in alphabetical order by series! :eek:

My Susan...thats to funny!:) I don't think I would have done that with the soap cause I would have been to worried about them squishing my boob again:) But I do have a thing with putting tolit paper on the roll.
When I was pregnant we were building a house. One Saturday we went to a hardware store and I really had to pee. The bathroom was a disaster. You could tell no one ever used it, I don't even think the people that worked there used it. Anyway...I had to go. When I got in there there was no paper on the roll and I was thinking, this place is such a mess...no one will ever notice if the tolit paper is on the roll. I wasn't going to do it but before I left the bathroom I had to put it on. I just couldn't leave without doing it.

Lori:)

I know I would not have noticed it! I would have been focusing on the mammography. My cabinets would drive all of you crazy!
Ellen

Hmm, I may have done it, but like others said, may have been a bit preoccupied with the mammo and getting the girls all squished :)

Speaking of grocery lists, have any of you ever watched that show on MSNBC or one of those newsy networks with the guy that interviews people who invent things and are now millionaires? It's kind of interesting. Well, one guy makes a grocery list recorder that you hang on your wall. As you need things, you speak into it. At the end of the week, it has stored all your needs and you then print out the list - it even groups them in sections like produce, dairy, meats, etc....

Now, why didn't I think of that!?

Heidi

No on the soap (seems a bit compulsive to me---something "Monk" would feel compelled to do).

The chart sounds normal to me.

I would have to say no on the soap as I don't think I would have even noticed it. But I do write my grocery lists in order of the store layout (saves me time and trips going back because I forgot things).

I would have wanted to turn the soap around, but wouldn't have done it because my fear-of-strange-cooties obsession is slightly stronger than my turning-labels-the-right-way obsession!

As for the migraine chart, that's just common sense - and I would have reminded him that HE asked for it when he made that compulsion remark.

I guess I'm kinda the opposite here. I could care less if the dispenser is backwards. I'd be one of those who would place it in that way without a care in the world. My DH however does always have to have the cans with the labels facing. I have to admit I deliberatly place them backwards sometimes just to hear him cluck at me and change it }( }(

ShellyC

Suz,

I think I'm the abnormal here. If I don't have to do it, then I won't. The less work I have to do then the better, unless of course it is working out, then I go all the way on that one.

I usually pick my fights far and few between. It makes my life that much easier. A lot of stuff I just let go by. It just doesn't matter.

I hope you can find a solution for your headaches.

Please do take care of yourself, and you have a wonderful personality.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.