Would you ever consider selling dvd-r's of the Live workouts?

cokonkel

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and SNM :)

I was doing a Live workout this morning (Cardio Leg Blast with High Step) and the workout froze on me 20 minutes before the end. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to continue and my heart rate came down as I fiddled with it for the 5 minutes or more. Very frustrating to say the least. I wound up putting in Lower Body Blast and doing the last 15 minutes of that workout to feel complete.

I sometimes have issues with my internet (darn Charter :mad:). My computer slows down sometimes too and our Netflix is spotty at times. I love the Live workouts SO much, though! Obviously this can make streaming hit or miss, which is rough when you are doing a workout and are relying on muscle overload and working cardio.

I love my dvds because I never have to worry about this issue. :) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the ability to buy DVD-R's of some of the Live workouts. Sandra of Horizontal Conditioning does this with her class workouts (of which I have many). Would you ever consider selling these? I would be so grateful!!

Thanks for considering!

Colleen

I love this idea too. We also live in a technologically challenged area. I've tried both the high and low quality tests and they don't work with our 4G which is the fastest we can get out here. I have no idea when we might get broadband. They told us once within 10 years, that was 14 years ago. The workouts look like so much fun and I love that they're so spontaneous and not so scripted. I'd certainly buy the dvd's!

Susan :)

Never say never, but it's doubtful we will ever release Cathe Live videos on DVD. It's just too costly and time consuming to replicate and author DVDs every week. DVDs are a declining business and we need to start the transition to the next way people will view their videos and this is the entire purpose of our streaming service. I know it's frustrating when you live in an area with lousy internet speed.

Some possible good news for you is that our next generation of our streaming delivery network uses adaptable player technology that will stream in high, medium and low quality streams. Currently, we only stream recorded videos at one speed. Our new system will allow a lot of users that have lousy internet speeds the opportunity to be able successfully play our videos. The only downside is the quality will be lacking compared to those who can view the high quality videos. Though this is not a perfect solution for you, it is at least a band-aid until streaming improves in your area. Within two years from now most people will have access to high broadband as the big companies like Google, Verizon and Apple realize the business opportunity in doing this.

Our new streaming delivery system will launch in either late October or November, so not much longer. We will have a test page so you can try it out.

Never say never, but it's doubtful we will ever release Cathe Live videos on DVD. It's just too costly and time consuming to replicate and author DVDs every week. DVDs are a declining business and we need to start the transition to the next way people will view their videos and this is the entire purpose of our streaming service. I know it's frustrating when you live in an area with lousy internet speed.

Some possible good news for you is that our next generation of our streaming delivery network uses adaptable player technology that will stream in high, medium and low quality streams. Currently, we only stream recorded videos at one speed. Our new system will allow a lot of users that have lousy internet speeds the opportunity to be able successfully play our videos. The only downside is the quality will be lacking compared to those who can view the high quality videos. Though this is not a perfect solution for you, it is at least a band-aid until streaming improves in your area. Within two years from now most people will have access to high broadband as the big companies like Google, Verizon and Apple realize the business opportunity in doing this.

How about offering downloads? That way it's still the "new technology" but it would give us the opportunity to own the workouts?

My main problem with playing the download isn't the speed, but the inability to get the music through my speaker system like dvds can do. (I'm able to transfer the video through an HDMI cable to my big TV just fine though). So the dvd-r option would be nice. Wish I could have it all! :)

How about offering downloads? That way it's still the "new technology" but it would give us the opportunity to own the workouts?

Downloads are a better option than DVDs for us, but would still cause issues. To begin with our Cathe Live music licenses are for streaming, not digital downloads or DVDs. I have no idea what the fees would be, but they could be excessive when you're talking about 22 workouts that we have already plus more on the way every week. Downloads also have problems in that they are easy to steal and copy, not so with streaming. The reason streaming has overtaken downloads so quickly is because of the theft problem associated with downloads. Also, if you have problems with streaming you're more than likely to have problems trying to download 1 gig files and this causes customer service issues.

Our new streaming service will help a lot of you, but not all of you. I wouldn't rule out downloads as an option later on, but I don't want to get your hopes up either. The future in our industry is in streaming and for now we want to continue to keep Cathe Live only as part of this service. Let's see what happens after we release the new delivery service and then we can look at this again.

One more here who would love a download option so I could take Cathe with me when I travel. You never really know how fast the speeds are going to be in different locations. Thanks for considering.

Hi Cathe and SNM :)

I was doing a Live workout this morning (Cardio Leg Blast with High Step) and the workout froze on me 20 minutes before the end. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to continue and my heart rate came down as I fiddled with it for the 5 minutes or more. Very frustrating to say the least. I wound up putting in Lower Body Blast and doing the last 15 minutes of that workout to feel complete.

I sometimes have issues with my internet (darn Charter :mad:). My computer slows down sometimes too and our Netflix is spotty at times. I love the Live workouts SO much, though! Obviously this can make streaming hit or miss, which is rough when you are doing a workout and are relying on muscle overload and working cardio.

I love my dvds because I never have to worry about this issue. :) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the ability to buy DVD-R's of some of the Live workouts. Sandra of Horizontal Conditioning does this with her class workouts (of which I have many). Would you ever consider selling these? I would be so grateful!!

Thanks for considering!

Colleen
I would love this too!! Or if i could I just would like to have an ability to record one or two that I would like to buy or something. I don't know.. I mean I may not want them all but a few id love to add to my library and I just can not get on the streaming band wagon as of yet.. I will wait for a while to see if I can figure things out lol hope I can catch up with the times.. eek

I would love to see the downloads as an option too. I don't know if it is even possible, but perhaps there could be an option to download them w/o the music? That might be a compromise with the licensing issues but still allowing people to play them outside of streaming. Just a thought. Thanks as always for all you do and for listening to our comments and suggestions!

Unfortunately, unlike our DVDs we don't record separate tracks for vocals and music for Cathe Live. We only do this for our DVDs, so this isn't an option that's technically possible.

Add me to the list that would purchase dvd+rs of these or the downloads. I don't do streaming. I like what I see in the workouts but would like to download and do the workouts numerous times. I am a keep of all of my dvds / workouts. ;)

Gosh I wish you could sale them as well. I don't do streaming yet. I love DVDs. I thought the problem was just so many classes and impossible to put them all on DVD so I had thought do that only when someone orders one. Like I want the kick boxing ones so I would order a couple of those and of course those are not on DVD yet so when I order someone can put it on DVD then send it. Like that. But I didn't know it was the music thing cause most of the music in the live classes are not vocal are they? I can't really tell but from the clips it sounds like they may be a word or to but not much. So I guess I don't understand what they mean about the music. But if you guys ever think of selling the live classes as a DVD I would LOVE to purchase a few that I have seen! Oh total body sculpt or weights is one and the kickboxing ones [emoji13]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.