Would you Buy Circuit Max/ Cardio Kicks?

lightening16

Cathlete
I am still expanding my Cathe video library and I am wondering if I should splurge on Circuit Max seeing as it is on sale this week. I has never really been on the list but I am finding that I really enjoy all the videos so far.

What are your thoughts?
Heather

I have this one although admittedly I haven't done it much. I really like Cardio Kicks. It's more of a hi/lo kickboxing workout. It's fun but you need lots of space although you can go up instead of travelling. I really like the block section at the end of Cardio Kicks (and the guys look really good too!)

I've only done Circuit Max a couple of times. I did like it although I'd been doing lots of splits and P90X and was never able to fit it into my rotations. But I've recently gone back to doing circuits and I'll probably pull this one out again soon. It's got lots of compound weight work. The choreography is pretty moderate so it's not a problem.

Since it's 30% off, I'd say it's a good buy although you should know it doesn't have any premixes and I don't believe it's chaptered.

Marcy

I like Cardio Kicks, especially the last section when the guys take the lead. In my opinion it is not as intense as KPC or KM but it is a fun workout. I did circuit max a few weeks ago and although I like it, it is not one of my favorite circuit workouts. It is not chaptered and that is a disadvantage. I like Low Impact circuit, BM 2, BC, DM circuits much more. Also 4DS has great pre-mixed circuits. If you do not have any of the above I would probably spend my money on one of them. On the other hand 30% off is nothing to sneeze at!

Regina

I was going to get it, but I've already spent enough this month! My DH bought me new golf clubs because I started taking lessons, then I got an iPod Nano, then I had to have a new armband for running to go with it and now, I'm getting the Nike Sport Kit! :eek:

So, I guess, I'm on the wagon for a little while! Its' also my DH's birthday on Saturday and I still have to make his cake and take him to dinner!

I did Cardio Kicks yesterday and I did Circuit Max just last week. I really like both these workouts and still find them in my DVD player quite often. Cathe seems pumped and ready to work in both workouts!

Cardio Kicks has more of a hi-lo/kickbox feel than KP&C or Kick Max but it is fun and I am always looking for non-step cardio workouts.

Circuit Max I like because it can be done 3 ways. Cathe and crew do 5 min. of cardio then they do 2 min. of compound exercises using 5 or 8 lb dumbbells (like plie squats while doing shoulder presses, etc). You can do the workout just as Cathe does the workout, or you can tweak it to your own liking. For instance, while Cathe and crew do the compound moves, you can use heavier weights and eliminate the lower body work so that instead of doing a lunge with a bicep curl, you do only bicep curls, making it an upper body circuit workout. Or - you can eliminate the upper body work and use heavier weights and just do the lower body work. This is personally my favorite way to do Circuit Max.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.