Would love another Slow and Heavy!!

cokonkel

Cathlete
Cathe, I got your Slow and Heavy as one of the Deal of the Day's (along with lots of other goodies! :p). I have been doing these workouts this week and I am in LOVE!!! :eek: I just finished the 3rd workout this morning (bi's and tri's) and I kid you not, I swear my arm muscles feel so much more dense and hard even thought it's only been a week. My chest is STILL sore from the chest and back workout on Tuesday, too! :D

I would love to see more weight lifting dvds from you based on this type of lifting in the future!! It's the bomb! :eek:

I've had this one for a while and haven't used it in a while. You are making me want to go back to it. I think I will work it in for the next 2 weeks instead of gym style. Thanks for the perk-me-up on this oldie but goodie.

I am discovering the love for Cathe's older weight workouts! :D I got CTX and 4DS with the DOD as well and I'm excited to try those as well. 4DS is newer than those other two, but I'm excited to try the weight work in those, too. I always find winter to be the perfect time to focus on heavy weights. I'm already eating too many calories right now...might as well put them to good use and build some muscle! LOL :eek:

Slow and Heavy is one of my favorites.

I've been doing Gym Styles for the past few weeks and have found this one but enjoyable and effective. Love the pace of the reps and the variety. The leg workout is especially great.

Last edited:
To Coleen,

I can sense you love lifting heavy therefore have no doubt you will love 4ds. CTX is also another one of my favourite. Enjoy both "Meaner legs" and upper body :D:D;)

As to this suggestion of yours, I am totally in since my middle name is HEAVY;):D:D lol

I would like to share this informative article on training slow and heavy:
Cathe Friedrich - How Super-Slow Training Resistance Training Can Help You Break Through a Plateau

Awesome! Thanks for the link! :D I did Meaner Legs today and my legs still feel wobbly and I swear I'm getting DOMS already! :eek: Yowza!

S&H2...Sort of!

I know I had this DVD, but may have loaned it out to someone. Anyway, it is the DOD today, so I bought it. In a way, this will almost be like another Slow & Heavy DVD for me! :cool:

Lisa

I know I had this DVD, but may have loaned it out to someone. Anyway, it is the DOD today, so I bought it. In a way, this will almost be like another Slow & Heavy DVD for me! :cool:

Lisa

:) I am on STS at the moment. This thread has reminded me of re visiting at some point in future. I have had it for a while but haven't gotten full benefits of it ;-).

I can recall having to skip cardio scheduled later on the day. My arms were quivering big time lol.

Will have to sneak it in my building rotation. Oh I wish cathe comes up with an updated slow and heavy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.