Workouts while traveling

Stephie

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I am wondering if you would be able to give me a list of your workouts that would be good for people to use when traveling. My husband and I are on the road a LOT and I do my best to keep up a regular workout schedule, including traveling with my mini step topper, water filled weights and bands. It would be really nice to have a list of your workouts that use only light weights or bands and are ok with only the step topper.

On that same subject, what would you think of putting together a workout series for traveling Cathletes? :) Workouts that require minimal space and minimal equipment.

Thanks for all you do Cathe! Your workouts not only keep me in shape but keep me sane!!!

Steph

I would also love to get some tips, as I tend to ignore my regular workout routine when I am traveling or on a vacation. Thank you for opening it up here @Stephie

Steph,

Do you have Live? She has great kickbox workouts that I utilize when traveling. I also do some of her Fit Tower workouts. I use a chair and the dowel rod from a closet with a band for pull ups. Closet works well!! There is an all Band Live workout that is great and also Travel Fit DVD. There are times I will do a weighted workout with just using bands. You need to be able to think quick on how to sub in the bands for the same move. I have had some great all band workouts doing this. I also have water weights!! I thought I was the only one! :)

Steph,

Do you have Live? She has great kickbox workouts that I utilize when traveling. I also do some of her Fit Tower workouts. I use a chair and the dowel rod from a closet with a band for pull ups. Closet works well!! There is an all Band Live workout that is great and also Travel Fit DVD. There are times I will do a weighted workout with just using bands. You need to be able to think quick on how to sub in the bands for the same move. I have had some great all band workouts doing this. I also have water weights!! I thought I was the only one! :)

Thanks for these ideas, I will try to incorporate them. :) Cathe Live won't work for me because the place I'm doing all of this traveling is all over West Africa where internet is not great in any of these countries. I tried Live for the free week and couldn't get anything to download/stream. But I like the idea of trying the Fit Tower workouts. I do have Travel Fit and that's a staple for me! :)

Thanks for these ideas, I will definitely give Surfshark VPN a go and try to incorporate them. :) Cathe Live won't work for me because the place I'm doing all of this traveling is all over West Africa where internet is not great in any of these countries. I tried Live for the free week and couldn't get anything to download/stream. But I like the idea of trying the Fit Tower workouts. I do have Travel Fit and that's a staple for me! :)
Travel Fit DVD seems to be just what I'm looking for as well so cheers for the recommendation, labnick! I always do zero exercising while traveling for vacation and it's so hard to get back into it once I get back home. I always lose 2-3 additional weeks each time just trying to motivate myself to get back into it.

Last edited:
Hi Cathe!

I am wondering if you would be able to give me a list of your workouts that would be good for people to use when traveling. My husband and I are on the road a LOT and I do my best to keep up a regular workout schedule, including traveling with my mini step topper, water filled weights and bands. It would be really nice to have a list of your workouts that use only light weights or bands and are ok with only the step topper.

On that same subject, what would you think of putting together a workout series for traveling Cathletes? :) Workouts that require minimal space and minimal equipment.

Thanks for all you do Cathe! Your workouts not only keep me in shape but keep me sane!!!

Steph

Hi Steph! Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you . I see that some others have already given you suggestions (thanks everyone) as well as asking if you have Cathe Live. Seeing that you don’t have access to Cathe Live that eliminates that option for you. I see that you’re already enjoying Travel Fit so that’s good. One of my new lite series work outs “body weight and bands” will also be perfect for you to take with you to travel. So be sure to get that DVD once it’s released.

I have honestly done so many DVDs that is hard for me to recall offhand which ones use only that equipment that your listing .

All of my kickboxing workouts are generally equipment free (outside of using optional boxing gloves) for most of the duration of the workouts.

I also have a work out called cardio core circuits which pretty much just uses the mat.

In my ICE series I have a work out called “To The Mat” that you might enjoy.

Here is a list with some variety that could work too:

Low Impact Sweat
Cardio Slam
Ab Hits
Ab Circuits
IMAX 2
Stretch Max
Basic Step plus Body Fusion (btw, body fusion has toning with bands)

I would suggest watching our free film clips of each of these workouts (clips are located in shop Cathe) to help you with your decision.

Good Luck and happy travels!

Hi Steph! Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you . I see that some others have already given you suggestions (thanks everyone) as well as asking if you have Cathe Live. Seeing that you don’t have access to Cathe Live that eliminates that option for you. I see that you’re already enjoying Travel Fit so that’s good. One of my new lite series work outs “body weight and bands” will also be perfect for you to take with you to travel. So be sure to get that DVD once it’s released.

I have honestly done so many DVDs that is hard for me to recall offhand which ones use only that equipment that your listing .

All of my kickboxing workouts are generally equipment free (outside of using optional boxing gloves) for most of the duration of the workouts.

I also have a work out called cardio core circuits which pretty much just uses the mat.

In my ICE series I have a work out called “To The Mat” that you might enjoy.

Here is a list with some variety that could work too:

Low Impact Sweat
Cardio Slam
Ab Hits
Ab Circuits
IMAX 2
Stretch Max
Basic Step plus Body Fusion (btw, body fusion has toning with bands)

I would suggest watching our free film clips of each of these workouts (clips are located in shop Cathe) to help you with your decision.

Good Luck and happy travels!

Thanks so much for these ideas Cathe! I actually own ALL of your workouts so it will be easy to pull these out to take with me. I should also start marking down appropriate workouts when I do them while we are at home. For example, I did LIS:AfterBurn the other day and realized it would be perfect for when we travel.

Again, thanks for your response and if you think of any others, I'm all ears. Or eyes. Or something like that. LOL

Steph

Thanks Cathe and everyone who added suggestions. I'll be out of town and in a tight space for the next 6 weeks. I completed 3 and half months of 2x a week Physical Therapy for a hip injury and slowly added in STS Vol 1 with very low weights. I own almost all of Cathes' workouts since 2002. Bands, mat, boxing gloves and a stability ball are going into the car. Who needs tons of clothes? I need my workouts for mental and physical health! No heavy weights until after the 4th of July when I can come back home 3 days a week. Looking forward to the new series. Colleen aka/Cocob1

I would also add Slide n Glide to this list. All you need for this are the gliding disks and resistance loop. So its minimum equipment, combines resistance work, and is low impact, so you don't have to worry about jumping around and bothering people on the floor below you. I used to travel with the HiiT DVD (the Double Wave Pyramid workout does not require any equipment) until I got a knock on the door complaining about the noise. If this isn't a concern for you, I think that one is a great travel workout because it is short (but intense) and doesn't require much space or any equipment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.