Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

Workouts while traveling

Discussion in 'Ask Cathe' started by Stephie, May 15, 2018.

1. Stephie Cathlete

Hi Cathe!

I am wondering if you would be able to give me a list of your workouts that would be good for people to use when traveling. My husband and I are on the road a LOT and I do my best to keep up a regular workout schedule, including traveling with my mini step topper, water filled weights and bands. It would be really nice to have a list of your workouts that use only light weights or bands and are ok with only the step topper.

On that same subject, what would you think of putting together a workout series for traveling Cathletes? :) Workouts that require minimal space and minimal equipment.

Thanks for all you do Cathe! Your workouts not only keep me in shape but keep me sane!!!

Steph

cocob1 likes this.
  2. 1margarette New Member

I would also love to get some tips, as I tend to ignore my regular workout routine when I am traveling or on a vacation. Thank you for opening it up here @Stephie

3. labnick Cathlete

Steph,

Do you have Live? She has great kickbox workouts that I utilize when traveling. I also do some of her Fit Tower workouts. I use a chair and the dowel rod from a closet with a band for pull ups. Closet works well!! There is an all Band Live workout that is great and also Travel Fit DVD. There are times I will do a weighted workout with just using bands. You need to be able to think quick on how to sub in the bands for the same move. I have had some great all band workouts doing this. I also have water weights!! I thought I was the only one! :)

~Elsie and 1margarette like this.
  4. Stephie Cathlete

Thanks for these ideas, I will try to incorporate them. :) Cathe Live won't work for me because the place I'm doing all of this traveling is all over West Africa where internet is not great in any of these countries. I tried Live for the free week and couldn't get anything to download/stream. But I like the idea of trying the Fit Tower workouts. I do have Travel Fit and that's a staple for me! :)

5. Rodella New Member

Travel Fit DVD seems to be just what I'm looking for as well so cheers for the recommendation, labnick! I always do zero exercising while traveling for vacation and it's so hard to get back into it once I get back home. I always lose 2-3 additional weeks each time just trying to motivate myself to get back into it.

labnick likes this.