Workout Warriors March 28 - April 3

Happy Monday all! It's a calm sunny day here today...........and 18 degrees.

So, I started off my morning and week with Disk 19 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. The plus side is that I did it. The downside is that it would have been VERY easy to toss in the towel just looking at my workout card. :eek: I must not just have eaten a bowl of Wheaties when I adjusted my 1RM's, I ate the whole damn box! Hard to believe that these were 75-80%, because some of them are really my 90% weights. They definitely felt that way. I'm already at 25 lbs for flys and I've never gone higher than that. And it's not like they are pretty flys either, they are barely squeaking by at the lower range of acceptable form. And those double wave loads are killer. I'm already looking forward to Meso 3 with longer breaks and less reps and I still have 5 workouts in Meso 2 left.

Starting Nick back up with Disk 1 today.

Now who's going to come and play with me?

Good Morning Warriors!

Cathy- congrats on your strength gain acomplishments. Meso two was my favorite mesocycle. Meso three bored me a little but maybe because it was most like what I had been doing with my powerlifting routine.

I was in NY but our neighbor called and said that part of a tree in our yard fell onto the side of our house in MD. We went to MD for the weekend to take care of the tree and check for damage. There was no damage to the house but we cut the tree down. We have great neighbors! On the way back my car started clanking. I think it was from the repair work that was done last week. I believe that they left something loose. Anyway, I took the car back to the shop this morning and he said that a cover corroded and came loose. He said that I did not need the cover and took it off. I wonder why it was there is it was extraneous? Anyway,the car drove fine on my way to work this morning

Workout this morning- "Defined Lines' and 'Classical Stretch'

Have A Great Monday!

Regina I think my wanting to get to Meso 3 falls under the heading of "the grass is always greener." :p The type of lifting in Meso 3 has never been a favorite of mine and yet by the time I'm in the midst of Meso 2 it's always looking really good. I'm just lusting after longer rest breaks and less reps. :rolleyes:

This morning I did KPC - always a fave of mine, but I do seem to have this knack for putting kick boxing workouts the day after I do shoulders and chest work. Today it was mostly my chest muscles that were complaining about it though as they seem to have the most DOMS from yesterday.

Nick starts playing with the beginner band today and he's practicing now. He's come a long way, but I have no idea how well he'll fit in with them. He's definitely improved a great deal in a pretty short time period, so I'm hoping it's a smooth transition. He actually doesn't seem nervous about the whole thing which is a good and rather unexpected thing.

Hope you all got a good start to your week yesterday!

Hello Warriors!

Cathy- KPC is also one of favorites. What instrument does Nick play?

I have begun to think about the Spring cleaning and the yard work that needs to get done. We have a lot of yard work to do this Spring. We have to cut down and prune more trees and shrubs. Either this year or next,we will have to get new house siding and a new heat pump. We have been thinking abou solar panels. Does anyone have any experience with them? We would love to enclose the deck but will have to see how our funds go. With homes there is always something to do!

Workout last night- chest and shoulders (my workout)
Workout this am- Turbo Fire - HIIt 25

Have a Great Day!

Good Morning!

Cathy- It looks like it is just you and I this week. I hope that everyone else is well. I started writing my article again and I am thankful that the writer's block is gone. It is amazing what a few days away from it can do. I think that I have a better perspective now.

workout this morning- Firm Express- cardio/sculpt and my biceps, triceps workout
Have a great day!

Hi Everyone!

I am still lost in limbo land. We don't know what is going on with my husband's division. Did I tell you that his boss, a long time employee and high ranking exec in the company, suddenly resigned 12 days ago? Needless to say, the last week has been a roller coaster. For the record: I hate roller coasters, they make me motion sick.

In fitness news - I tweaked my back on Tuesday taking my fully loaded barbell down from the rack, following a set of chest presses, to use for deadlifts or rows. It didn't hurt then, but man oh man later on I was walking around like a mummy and forget sitting. Ouchy. I took yesterday off from running and will take today off from Meso 3 legs, hopefully I will be able to resume activities tomorrow. Best to be careful. MIAR, ya know. :D

Regina - the box is in the mail.:D Congrats on getting your tree cut down and removed and also removing your writer's block. They are much the same, don't you think? Tree removal and writer's block. :)

Cathy - You're a little mighty might! Way to go on increasing your weights. How did it feel? How many more weeks in your no sugar challenge - 4, right? I had a wee little set-back, but I am still holding strong at 11 weeks. I'm going to extend mine for another 12 weeks....in the interest of getting more accountable with calories in and calories out.

MJ - Did you buy a new dress? Did your event already happen? How is stressmax?

Kim - As it turns out, I had the due date wrong. The puppies will be born on or around April 1st. The name "Monty" has really grown on me! *laughing*. I added it to my list. I'll let you keep Prada. :D Hey - did you have any of the violent demonstrations in your neighborhood? Hope you and Tash are staying safe. :)

I'm missing all of our other MIA Warriors. Donna? Tara? Mary? Kimberly? Elena? Suzie? Are you out there? Please chime in at any time. I'd love to hear from you.

Have a happy Wednesday Warriors!
:D

Hi all.

Sorry to be missing for so long. No excuses, just busy! I had a great time in Arizona, but have had a hard time getting back in the zone. I haven't even felt like working out. Although I have been doing it, just not loving it. Starting to feel better about the whole eat right, exercise thing this week.

Janis: What's up with the puppies? Is your dog having them, are you keeping any? I would have loved to have puppies at our house, but I was afraid I'd want to keep them all. So we've always had our dogs fixed right away to prevent us from having a houseful.

Kimberly

Janis: What's up with the puppies?

Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

It is really nice to hear from you. I'm glad your trip to Arizona was a good one. Re-entry is always tough. :D:D

No, Rowan isn't having puppies. That would be a freakin' miracle. :eek::D

Rowan's momma is pregnant with her second litter; she is due on Saturday. When the puppies are old enough, around about June 1st, I'll bring one of them home. Eventually the new red poodle puppy will be big enough to be Rowan's playmate. :)

Finally, it's bedtime and I'm finally here. This morning was Disk 20 Legs. I took a hot bath tonight and I'm hoping to avoid those nasty DOMS I've had the last 2 weeks. At least the workout goes pretty fast and there weren't any deadlifts. A definite plus!

Regina Nick plays clarinet and the class went fine. He goes back tomorrow night. Had the last indoor baseball practice tonight. Next week they are outdoors, so it had better warm-up!!

Janice I'm still doing fine. I'm waiting to weigh myself after the 12 weeks is up to see if it accomplished anything in that area. Just over 4 weeks to go.

More puppies! Hopefully, Rowan will adjust happily to a new sibling. If we ever got Sparty a friend it would have to come Sparty size. He's just to rambunctious and big for a puppy.

Time for bed.

Hi There

Cathy those leg DOMS just won't give it a break. Dey hurt soooooo good. Slight error of judgement to do Power Circuit from CTX for my cardio the day following STS legs this week. I didn't even add any weight to those squats and lunges - I couldn't have added any weight, I've have got down and not risen up again. LOL me in Bhudda squat on the kitchen floor until DD came home from work 7 hours later. 25# for flies?????? Respect.

Janis Ouch and Ouch. I hurt my back 10+ years ago. I did it gardening, dragging and lifting pots all afternoon. I couldn't sit down to eat that evening and had to perch on the edge of the chair - but the following morning.................... Couldn't move, and that was pretty much it for the next 3 months and care care care every day ever since. Apparently I had a bulging disc. Well, not as serious as a slipped disc. You have my word you really don't want either. Hope yours is only a minor glitch. Going back to my constant reference to STS leg DOMS I know why this is happening downstairs and not happening upstairs. Its because I'm lifting below my capacity for upper body, partially due to limited equipment and partially due to extreme over caution to avoid injury.

ALSO 1st April tomorrow so I was going to (attempt) give up sugar, although there's still another whole month til Easter, which I know will involve a hiccup in our household. So as you are extending for a futher 12 weeks :confused: I'm in :confused: Oh no - did I just say that out loud?????????? Oh well that's it then - I'm in. Do they do patches for sugar deprivation???? :eek:

Kimberly Hi - I was wondering where everyone had gone.

Regina How is that 10 hours sleep per night working out for you???? I'm just not a sleeper. It's one thing to go to bed early, but I unfortunately fall asleep too quickly and then most nights this week I've been awake 2-5a.m. I'm very tired now. We had the clocks change @ the w/e. Do civilised societies even still do this?????

I also have been spring cleaning my house. This is a very long and arduous process. I've been doing it for 2-3 weeks inside and out and every time you do a job you notice ten more that need attention. Y'day was hall, stairs and landing and I was going so slowly. I kept telling myself, "if you get on with it, it'll all be finished in half the time", but in the end I got so bored that I just went and put a film in that I'd half watched the day before. By the time I resumed it was about 4.30 but then I still had dinner to do and all the other chores so I didn't finish up getting everything done til about 8.30p.m. Mind you depending on your time zone that's only about lunch time for you guys right - so maybe I really had a half day?????????????????

Makes for tricky conversation when I get to work, I've been so busy busy busy but when people say "Hi, what have you been doing", not really appropriate to say I been scrubbing DD fake bake tan off the white (orange) toilet seat and brushing accumulated cat fur off the underside of the stairs. Good office conversation this does not make.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For STS this week I had to split the Chest, Shoulders and Tri's over 2 days as I got interrupted and couldn't finish disc 19 first try. Then, I combined the first drills from the first half of KPC with the Shoulders + Tri's next day and THAT FELT GOOD.

Happy Thursday
Love
Kim
P.S. And a quick review for that film mentioned above. Who knew Jim Carey had a good film in him??????? I LOVE YOU PHILIP MORRIS. I'm not a big fan of gay stuff, definitely not a homophobe, just can't be bothered, but this film was so good they could actually have made it longer. I think most films are too long and tedious (hey - like my posts), but this one could have padded out some of the scams a bit.

Kim - I am not debilitated from yesterday's leg workout! Sore, but not crippled - so much more pleasant. ;) I'm not sure how civilized we are over here these days, but we too must suffer through the time changes. Ours was a couple weeks ago. You would think that those countries who feel the need to do it would at least get together and do it at the same time. Though we do have renegades here - I believe Arizona is still holding out.

Isn't it amazing all the places animal hair gets too? I sweep the entire upstairs every day (no carpet) and I'm endlessly amazed at how much hair - mostly Sparty's that I sweep up. I'm getting the spring cleaning bug, too. Normally, we don't take a break from school, but now that they are older and more aware of the fact that all the other kids are off next week, it's much harder to pull off. So, I've made the boys a deal. Nick has to practice his clarinet every day and they have to help me with one spring cleaning project a day (starting with THEIR closets) in exchange for no school. Now I have to start making my list of projects.

This morning I was supposed to do Low Max and anymore it just seems so long to me, so I talked myself into doing 10-10-10 cardio instead. It was quite an easy thing to do - talking myself into it that is ;) Followed that up with AC Yoga abs.

Janis I very much hope that you just tweeked your back and that it's feeling better. BTDT and it's not fun. That's why I'm so careful of mine - well that and spending all those years reading workers comp files about back injuries.

Awaiting the start of the Tigers opening day broadcast in a bit. Hopefully, they'll get the game in, as the NE is supposed to get a snow storm later and apparently it's already cold there. So, glad that it's skipping us. I'll take the low 40's and sunshine!

Hello All Warriors,

Kimberly-Glad you had a good time in Arizona.

Janis- Thanks I received the package. I sent you an email. I hope you hear more soon about your DH division and the limbo that you are in. YOu don't like roller coasters? ? I love roller coasters and amusement parks! The crazier the ride the better. Then again, I bungee jumping and great adventures.

It seems that when it rains, it pours! As you can tell from my recent previous post, this month has not been my month for my car but I can not complain because it really has never given me any major problems before. I had to have the distributor changed today and I am taking it back tomorrow morning to have some bolts changed. My car stopped last night and I could not have it towed to my regular mechanic. Naturally the station that I had it towed to wanted to charge me an exorbitant price to tow it to my mechanic. Anyway, I had the new distributor installed in this other shop and natural they said that my car needed other work. I said no to the other work and took the car back to my mechanic today and he said that it did not need all the additional work only bolts. He also said they overcharged me for the new distributor because they knew that they had me over a barrel. Honesty and Integrity in business practices are a thing of the past? Anyway, I am hoping with the new month of April, I will have better car luck.

I saw on the news today that GE and other fortune 500 companies pay no Federal tax!!
Do we need corporate tax reform or what?

Kim- I am doing better with the sleep although I am still not up to 10 hours but I am still working on it and improving. YOur comments were funny! I agree that Spring cleaning does not make for good work conversation.

Cathy- Do you play an instrument too? Does Nick enjoy the clarinet? I use to play clarinet for a very brief period when I was younger. I gave it up for the violin and cello. My father was a cellist and taught me to play.

Workout today- Tracie Long - Kickback and my leg workout

Another morning of not wanting to workout. Really not sure what's up with that, but one more week and I get my rest week. I did Disk 21 Back and Biceps. I did it all, even used the weights I was supposed to, I just couldn't work up any enthusiasm for it.

Regina I never played an instrument, I was in the choir. Unfortunately, Nick did not inherit my ability to sing, he seems to have inherited DH's ability to not carry a tune - not even close. It's too bad, because choir would have been so much cheaper. Make that super cheap compared to band.

Oh, and I meant to mention that for a very long time I was totally convinced that I would never get beyond 15 lbs for chest flys. It never occurred to me until STS to add wrist weights, and using those was the only thing that got me to 25 lbs. One extra pound at a time. I've done it for lots of exercises, too, but that's the one it made the most difference in.

Anyone else playing today?

Oh, and I wanted to say that lousy about your car, and unfortunately happens to often. Thankfully, I haven't dealt with car issues for over 12 years now. There are some things that DH in very handy for.

Hey Warriors!

In my shout out on the 30th I neglected to include Jenn. Jenn, hey, if you are out there, I miss hearing about Zumba and your classes at the Y.

Kim – I sure wish there was a patch for sugar deprivation. I could’ve used one. I’m happy you’re going to join me in my no-sugar challenge. What are you lacking in fitness equipment? Maybe we can come up with some creative solutions. Flea markets and garage sales are good places to pick up used equipment in the States, do you have something like Craigslist there? You know what doesn’t make for good conversation either – which seems to only get blank look and stares – talking about exercise rotations or exercise. Have you noticed the glazed look in people’s eyes, mouth held agape and the befuddled silence? Immediate conversation killer. *laughing* about fake bake tan on the toilet. Feeling fortunate I have boys, although – they make a different kind of mess in the bathroom. The animals. Oh – and Happy Mother’s Day! Enjoy your sweets and your daughter….more Gucci cupcakes, maybe?

Regina – I really want to love roller coasters, I do. I have tried to love them. I do okay on Disneyland rides…Space Mountain being in the dark actually seems to help abate my fear. Add fear to that fact that I get dizzy very easily, like on those ½ turn jumps in Plyo legs I make sure I look at the same fixed point each time I turn, even the quick little step-turn in one of MMA’s is enough to make me woozy. I always WANT to do adventurous activities but then I get motion sick or woozy, with the exception of when I am driving a car, riding a horse, or skiing downhill, then I’m focused and in control and it doesn’t seem to bother me then. Did you get your paper/article written? Are you happy with it? I was appalled about GE too. Something funky is going on there.

Cathy – Maybe you are just burned out on STS? The grass isn’t any greener in Meso3, as a matter of fact it is B O R I N G. If boring was a color it would be brown. I just bought Low Max – haven’t used it yet – is it really long? I bought it for my new rotation. At the rate I’m going I’ll have all of Cathe’s dvds soon. How are you liking CTX?

MJ- Miss you miss you miss you. I hope all is well.

As for me – I took three days off in deference to my back. I blew off my lower body lifting on Wednesday, but yesterday I did shoulders, biceps & triceps and today I am doing plyo legs. Next week , my last week of STS and Meso 3, I think I won't lift for back at all and I won’t do deadlifts on the legs segment. My back is feeling a lot better, tight but not painful; I’m just being careful for the next week or so. The news is in about my husband’s division. After all the organizational changes they were going to make, the discussions about a possible move, then the sudden resignation of his boss, the president of the company morphed his division into another division within the company. Bottom line – no move. My husband doesn’t know how the new upper management changes will affect the businesses he is responsible for but at least a decision has been made and a directional course has been set.

Question
– is a weekly check-in or a monthly check-in preferred?

And calling all Warriors - past, present, and future - please drop in to say hello! I'd love to hear from you. (Tara, this means you too!)
:D

Cathy- Do you think that you don't want to exercise because you are burned out? What are you going to do for your rest week? Although I play instruments, I can not sing at all. Just about everyone else in my family plays instruments and can sing. I too use micro loading alot to get to my desired lifting weight

Janis- I so agree with you that Meso three is boring! In fact if you look at Meso three closely you will notice that Cathe and crew only did the Meso 3 once with eight reps. The other three weeks were edited and they did not change their weights from week one to four. I was a little put of by that. I want to join you and Kim in your sugar deprivation challenge in May. Will you still be doing it then? I am still writing my article but I am making progress. Fuuny, when I was young I use to get motion sick all the time. Now only sailing sometimes makes me motion sick. I once went on joint maneuvers with the Navy and we were on the ocean for a couple of months. I lost 35 lbs on that trip. I thought that I was going to die from sickness. No patches, meds or IV drips worked. The Rear Admiral and Vice Admiral at first thought that I was faking and they threatened to take away my Colonel ranks and bump me to a Lt Col.(of course they did not really have the power to do that). After a while they realized how sick I was. I left the ship in Greece and flew in a C130 transport to Germany. That was the end of my sailing days for a while.

Workout yesterday- TLT- Endurance for Movement and Shiva Rea- Fluid Power

I am going o do a pilates workout tonight

Have a Great Rest of the Weekend.

Well my calf was feeling a bit twingy this morning, so I used that as an excuse not to workout. :eek: Not sure if it's really burnout or not. :confused: I think a lot of it is just tied in with me being tired of winter and ready to be able to open the windows and have fresh air and warmth. I'm just feeling blah about most everything in general.

I just did the PDF's for my workouts this week and need to do Nick's next. It does have me jumping up to 26 lbs for flys and I'm trying to tell myself it's just 1 lb and wrap my brain around actually doing it. We'll find out tomorrow whether or not that happens!

Not a roller coaster fan at all. When I was younger, I didn't mind the ones that weren't terribly high, but I hate the ones that whip around the corners in the open at the top type. A few years ago at Busch Gardens that was the only one that Nick was tall enough to ride, and I could tell that he wouldn't believe me that he wouldn't like it, so I sucked it up and told myself I could survive the 2 minutes it would take to do it. We hit that first curve and his desire totally disappeared. I distracted myself the rest of the time by talking him through it. Guy behind me with his daughter was pretty much in the same boat. He's now vowed to never ride another one again. And that was plenty enough to last me the rest of my life. :p

Wow Regina your bout of seasickness sounds awful. 35 lbs that quickly!! I've never been on anything bigger than a ferry to Mackinac Island, and haven't had a problem with it, but I'm not a fan of deep water and crossing there you can at least see land in all directions and there are so many ferries and boats in the area crossing paths that I don't feel alone, but the idea of being out at sea and not seeing land or anything but water just really doesn't thrill me in the least. My personal mode of transportation is just my own two feet. ;)

Janis Low Max is a good workout and doesn't have a big learning curve. I've just gotten used to shorter cardios since all the newer ones are less than an hour and the Hiits half an hour, hard for me to work up the enthusiasm for 70 minutes.

I'll let you know more about CTX after I do it all when I finish STS. I definitely like the cardio parts.

I think my plan is to finish STS, do CTX for a week, do the February rotation, then CTX for another week and then the April rotation, which looks rather intriguing and then fill in stuff until we start STS in September. I have to work around vacation in August though.

At the rate were getting posts, we probably could go to a monthly check-in, so how about whoever gets here first tomorrow goes with just April?

Last edited:
Hey Warriors!

Just a quick note before bed to say that I am here and alive and surviving and will do a catch up post tomorrow from work as a break. ;)

Off to sleep now...good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.