Workout Warriors - Jan 10th - Jan 16th

Good Morning Warriors.

I hope you had a restful and productive weekend. I was planning to workout before work today but felt like sleeping in a little longer. I will most likely workout tonight.

My weekend workouts were

Pure Barre- 16th Street
Rodney Yee- Yoga Burn
Bodlyastics- Chiseled- Full Body workout

Happy Monday everyone! This morning I did my weight work for back, and just didn't have enough oomph left in me to do my Hiit workout. I'm hoping to add it in Thursday when Nick does one. Won't have time this afternoon.

Got Nick started on Meso 2 this morning and he's made a lot of progress with his form. He's also liking the structure of this one with drop sets and longer rests better than Meso 1. We'd done his 1RM's but got some really wrong weight selections on this one, so I'm off to go in and adjust them so they'll be right for future workouts.

Hey ladies! This morning was Meso 1 week 3 Chest/Shoulders/Biceps. I really like Meso 1 and all, but I'll be glad when I can move on to Meso 2 and don't have so many darned push-ups! At least this time around on STS, I can actually do all the push-ups. Even those silly Elmo push-ups. Followed-up with STS Abs: Pilates inspired abs. I was going to try a pilates abs workout from Fit TV, but immediately saw that the instructor annoyed me. LOL I'm tough to please.

Cathy is Nick your son? How old is he? I crack up when my daughter tries to curl my barbell. She's 10 and my barbell is usually set at about 35# when she tries it. Needless to say, she doesn't have much luck. Little twig that she is. I like Meso 2 a lot too, I think the drop sets keep you more awake.

My muscles feel really good right now. I think I like throwing STS Total Body in at the end of the week as a 2nd workout for each muscle group.

Hey All---

It is snowy and ic-y here in Atlanta, GA ---whole town is shut down. Dh is working from home today, he's so restless!! :)

I did High Step Training today. Usually do one total body weight & cardio every week. Been awhile since I did this one --- as with all of Cathe's stuff - it is great! Love the variety and how she is always just a bit t(sometimes a lot tougher) tougher than I am ready for - which always moves me forward. very cool.

MISC RAMBLES:
P90X-A friend of mine shared his P90X workouts --- they were okay. But boy does that guy talk a lot and they are not Cathe. Maybe I had an older version --- but I was thinking throughout how much better Cathe's style suits me. Pleasant, tough and well-thought out without much unnecessary chatter. Plus her routines are so cool, especially when you get one down after a struggle... :) Anyone else have thoughts about P90X as compared to Cathe? Curious...

NEW GREEN SMOOTHIE BLENDER - Yea!
My Blendtec blender from Amazon arrive on Friday. I've ben doing Green Smoothie's for 3 months and have been loving how they make me feel and how easy they are, etc. So - got the best blender - expensive and very loud, but boy does it work.

Does anyone else "do green smoothie's?" If so, here's a link to a cheat sheet guide I created and taped to the inside door of my cabinet. Green Smoothie Cheat Sheet. I just added to the article/post I did on my website about Green Smoothies. If you don't know what they are - you can read it here.

Tomorrow for me is Cardio --- might be Cardio Coach or might be a step routine---just depends on what feels best in the moment.

Happy Monday All!

Donna, Nick is 12 and all of 73 lbs right now, so he's definitely not lifting a 35 lb bar, though he did use 17 1/2 today. He loves bicep curls, but today decided he also likes bench presses. Hates flys. :)

I've done green smoothies, but don't care for most of the recipes. I'm a banana smoothie girl. Bananas and dates, bananas and strawberries or blueberries. I will toss in romaine, or spinach. I definitely prefer mine sweet. I was raw for a little over two years and really want to get back it, but so far haven't pulled that off. Enjoy your new blender! I've just got a little cheapy from Meijer, but it manages ok with the lighter greens. Can't handle the heavier stuff like chard and kale.

HI everyone,

Yesterday I did Kettlebell Bootcamp finally. Then went to a friends house. We played WII games and I kicked butt in the MJ experience. It was a lot of fun and a lot of laughs.

Today I did Sweating Sexy for the first time. It was okay. I prefer to just put on the radio and dance and this is a lot of taking it from the top stuff. Great light day workout.

Janis, I don't freak out about them needing me. By the time I get home I just crash. They have to fend for themselves. :D This week we get another foot so I get to do it again. :mad:

Peaceful Rainbow, I love banana shakes. I like to freeze the banana and use it as ice. My favorite is frozen banana, almond milk, and chocolate almond butter. So good. I have tried spinach in them doesn't change the taste to much but that's as adventerous as I have become.

Wake up Eager, you guys are on the weather channel. :) Hope you are able to stay in out of the mess. It's headed our way Wednesday.

Hi everyone, welcome to a new week.

wakeupeager....yuck for your weather. My sister lives in DC and I know how hard it is for that area to deal with snow and ice! Can only imagine it's that much worse down there, plus you're not used to it.

MJ...another hour-glass type here! And when I gain weight, it's alll over except for my waist so I never really notice it at all! At least that's my theory?

Donna...I read a few success stories and saw that you were one! :eek::eek::eek: Awesome!!!

All this talk of smoothies is making me want one, and I've never had one in my life! Sounds perfect right now, think I'm going to pick up some blackberries at the store at least, which I'm running to now.

I found out my 2 DVDs did come, and I ditched cycling and started the January rotation. Hiit Pyramid just 'bout killed me, and I took such long rest breaks compated to Cathe. Plus I slowed down on the quarter turns. Plus I drank too much water and it was sloshing in my belly as I jumped. :p Not so crazy about the energy and music in this WO (my first time, if you couldn't tell) but it's a great workout and I'll come back to it lots. God I'm so happy I'm finally in a state with my knees and back that I can do it!

Then I followed it up with Basic Step just to burn more calories and could hardly get through it. Hehe.

This is my first official rotation! Hope I stick with it! Was a bit intimidating when I downloaded it to my calendar, but it's nice having a full calendar. :D

Have a good night everyone.

Good morning. You've all been busy!! Good for you.

Stay safe in Atlanta!! I'm not one able to listen to Tony either for more than 10 minutes. Great program, but you have to be able to pay attention, LOL

I've started week 3 of Meso 2. I love Meso 2. Shoulders tris and chest today. Step Blast was the 5:30 workout this morning. Walking and Disc 18 yesterday and I revisited Imax 2 on Sunday. I forget how much fun that one is.....especially when it's over. ;)

Have a great day all

Today is my long day and I did shoulders, Core Max Balanced Core and Step, Jump & Pump (All Step premix). I hadn't done that Core Max in a long time and I'd forgotten how choppy the editing is on that one. Always surprises me because the editing on all the other DVD's is so smooth.

Mary you've never had a smoothie! There are so many options, so jump in and give them a try. :D

According to Cathe and the crew they voted 30/30 easiest of the Hiit's (she says that during the workout when you're dying and don't really want to hear it ;) , but I can't say that I find much difference between that at the pyramid one. 40/20 is definitely more challenging.

Yes, my son is doing STS. He's planning to go to school next year and will likely be playing sports which will lead to weight rooms eventually, and I wanted him to have a good foundation for form before that happens.

Jenn my boys got a chance to play Wii when we visited their cousins in FL and had a blast. They packed as much playing time into that week as they could! I love banana/peanut butter/chocolate smoothies. Yum! :D

Step Blast at 5:30 sounds very tough. I usually start working out before 6:30, but somehow 5:30 just sounds so much earlier! Love Imax 2 - very fun workout.

Mary - I never do smoothies either. Mostly it's because I keep breaking blenders. I believe my dog ate the rubber O Ring that goes at the bottom of the blender I have now, so if I put liquid in it, it leaks all over. The blender I had before that was broken by my ex, who dropped it on the floor.

Cathy - I'm not crazy about premixes myself for the same reason you mention. I don't like the choppiness of the transitions.

Today I did my 30 minute run on the treadmill this morning and just finished Meso 1 Week 3 Back & Triceps. The training plan I'm using says I should be running a comfortable pace at 60% - 75% of my Max HR, but if I do that - it's more than a comfortable pace. Meaning, I feel like I'm walking. I think I need to use my perceived exertion as my guide instead because unless my HR is about 10 bpm higher, I'm not enjoying the run at all. I guess that's why so many people use their breathing as their guide. Anyway, I had The Roots on my Apple TV while I was running and it was a very enjoyable run.

My Wii bit the dust. I'm getting this error message that I got once before and had to send it for repairs that cost over $100 3 years ago. Not fixing it since the only Wii game I care about is Zelda. I'll probably get the Kinect for my Xbox one of these days. I have some Best Buy Reward Zone credit I need to use... hmmmm....

Happy Tuesday Warriors!

Here is the url from the end of last week's thread: http://cathe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280447&page=9

Kimberly – I’d have to agree, a 50 minute walk at 9-12 incline IS a pretty solid workout, especially following a day of snow shoeing. That sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have cross-country skis too?

Cathy – Does Intensity have a lot of step moves? Having Nick start pubic school at middle school age – wooo-weeee… Are some of his homeschooling buddies attending middle school with him? He’ll know a bunch of the boys already from basketball and baseball, right?

Regina - I am really curious about Olajide- Aeorbarre, what is it like? It seems as though your rotation is largely body-weight workouts, what is your rotation plan?

Donna – I sincerely doubt you are tough to please, there are so many annoying Pilates instructors, there may be more annoying instructors than good ones! Lol. Who was the one from FitTV, do you remember? The HR formulas are confusing, aren't they? Perceived exertion is a better indication unless you know with absolute certainty what your max and resting HR are. LOL – you are a gamer nerd! You’d fit right in over here. I don’t play much anymore, but my guys have everything for everything. I’ll have to check out the Roots. (Note to self – hunt down Donna’s success story, look up Roots music videos.)

Suzie – We have a Blendtec also, and you are right – it is loud. My son drinks a lot of green drinks and has his method and formula down to a science. Me, not so interested in drinking my meals. I like to chew.

Jenn – My son and I used to play Wii Golf. Then we decided to take it to the BIG GREEN….ha, we weren’t so spectacular there, BUT I will have to say Wii helped us learn technique.

Mary (keefe) – Man oh man, I WISH I gained all over and didn’t notice it immediately. Count yourself lucky. When I gain it goes directly to thighs and abs. OMG, too funny about the water sloshing around in your belly, I have experienced that with Hiit too. The music of Hiit will grow on you as you realize the tempo also will signal when a break is coming.

Melissa - You’re getting some good solid workouts in! I was never much of a Jimmy Buffet fan until Imax2, now “Pina Colada” has special significance….YAY! I did it! Lol.

Morningstar – this is for you dear.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rowanredspoo/5345955677/

Tara and MJ – Hi ya, girls. I hope work hasn’t swallowed you whole.

Yesterday I did STS disc 4, SCB, and followed that up with the super annoying Moira Merrithew, "Strong and Streamlined" Stott's Pilates. Today was rehab day - bike, hot pad, isolation exercises, stretches and a vigorous game of fetch with Rowan. Tomorrow I am out of town all day. Hair day, yes, again. (I heard you miss canadian. :D) So I'll take it as a rest day.

:D

Last edited:
Janis - I don't know how many videos The Roots will have, but they're the "house" band on JImmy Fallon's show. That's where I found out about them. I guess they're categorized as Hip Hop, but they're so much more.

Janis actually Nick won't really know anyone when he goes to school. The district we are in never advertises their club sports in a public place, so we ended up playing in the next town over because we knew they existed, and that happens to be where I grew up, so I know some people there still. He did have a couple kids play fall ball with him from the school he'll go to, but they may be a grade ahead of him. And, if you can follow this :p there's a kid who lives in the town where he plays ball, but goes to the school he'll be going to and he played in a tournament with them this year. He'll be playing on the other 12U team next year, as he's switching clubs, so they'll at least see each other a bit.

Intensity - if you can do Athletic Step you can do Intensity. There are even less dancy moves in Intensity. The step is a really a lot of blast moves and then she does blasts!!!! As far as step workouts go, the choreography is on the easy end of the scale for her workouts, the intensity is on the high end. :D

Yep, I was right (seriously, Janis, am I EVER wrong?) Rowan's a boxer brief kinda dude, although I'm not sure gray's his best colour. I'm sure your hair is lovely, and worth every penny and second of time spent on it. Mine reflects the time and money I spend on it too - 'nuff said on that the better. Good on ya for continuing STS and Pilates - I don't think I'll be doing a split body workout rotation any time soon and you KNOW how I feel about Pilates.

Thought I'd make Janis blush: do you guys know what Janis did for me for my birthday? She picked out a beautiful running jacket in my best colour from New Balance and had my running motto embroidered on it (my motto's in my signature, if you're curious). Such an incredible gift and an even more incredible friend. It's so beautiful. A month later, I'm still having trouble finding the words for how much I love this jacket.

Lemme see, what I bin upta?

Monday: did CardioCoach 4 running to work; easy run home from work

Tuesday: did 20 second sprints running to work; fun run home from work

Each run was 7k plus warm up, so 14k each day. Let's just say that my cool down phase has been woefully lacking as of late. I'd share my rotation with y'all, but I know the wrath of God will come down on me about it, so best just to keep it to myself.

Last night I really didn't feel much like eating after work, but tonight, wow! I put away 5 pieces of chocolate mint fudge that my boss made and gave me for Christmas. I had it stored in the freezer but unfortunately remembered that it existed at a weaker moment. At least I had a salad first, right? Part of the problem is that I get very cold after working out, especially running in the winter, and I search out food to warm me up instead of having a lovely hot bath. If I just would get home, have the hot bath, I'd probably make better choices some nights. Then again, that fudge ain't gonna eat itself! Now why I eat frozen fudge when I'm cold, I dunno.

Hmmm..., I seem to becoming slowly out of lurkerhood after all...

Good evening. Today I did Booty Barre, the entire thing. It was tough, I think this year I'm going to branch out in to barre/fusion/yoga type workouts. I have lots of workouts but not many in that genre. Then went grocery shopping and because of the storm everyone was there. It is snowing here so tomorrow will be a rest day.

Is everyone who is expecting snow ready for it?

Wake Up Eager, How are you guys in the south doing today? Able to get around yet?

Peaceful Rainbow, will I like Intensity if I didn't like Athletic Step? I have it but have not done it yet.

Jenn:)

hehe, annohying pilates instructors!!!!

That Rowan is one handsome dog, and the name seems to suit very well! Morningstar, that is a wonderful signature. I can see why that jacket/gesture touched you so much. :)

So tonight, day 2 of Jan rotation for me, and I realized I didn't have (did I ever have? STS ab circuits). I've ordered it, and will do it when it comes, and in the meantime I did the abs from body max2. By the time that comes up in the rotation STS Ab Circuits should be here. Silly me. And I deviated yet again (but planned). Instead of steady state run, I did steady state step mill for 20 minutes and steady state swimming for 8/9 of a mile. Stopped at lap 32 when my foot cramped too badly to continue.

I'll go preview tomorrow's torture, STS Total Body now, and man, am I scared.

I also broke down and ordered High Reps and Body Max, so I realized that I now have virtually all Cathe's advanced dvd's, just need Timesaver, Supersets/Push Pull, Terminator, and Hardcore Extreme. I guess soon I'll be at a point I can justify replacing some of the Cathe vhs's I have with dvds. :eek:

See ya guys tomorrow, sleep well!

DH is taking the day off for his birthday and so no alarm meant I slept in some and had to adjust my workout. :( Did Lower Body Blast and just dropped some things to make it shorter, though it certainly still had me feeling it enough!

We're supposed to go to Ann Arbor for lunch and a museum later. Snowed yesterday, but he seems determined to go. Normally I drive when we go places, but I do not voluntarily drive on these kinds of roads. So, I'll just take something to read or knit and keep my eyes down. He makes me nervous on dry roads! :eek:

Jenn I can't say for sure how you'll feel about Intensity compared to Athletic Step, but personally I find them very different. Even though Intensity has step, it's really not like the step in any of her other things. If you've got it give it a try. ;)

Morningstar I spend most of the winter feeling cold and I'm indoors most of the time! Hot baths are my best friend, along with hot tea and cocoa. At least the fudge is gone! That jacket sounds gorgeous. :)

Wow-Morningstar
I admire your commitment and consistency in running.... Not my strength.
You must also inspire others ---what a really nice and thoughtful gift from Janis.

Glad you are here and stepping out of lurker-dom when the urge strikes! :)
Suzie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.