workout twice a day

sharona

Cathlete
hi girls

i did kickmax this morning its was great i burnt around 400 calories and here comes the evening and i was thinking maybe i'll workout again. i cancelled this thought but it keeps coming back.
is anyone of you think the same or am i just the only crazy and what will happen if i do workout twice a day (beside making me happy)
:) ;-) ;) :D :p :* :9 :7

I work out twice a day sometimes, but usually it's cardio in the morning & weights at night.

If it makes you happy go for it, I don't think it would HURT you, but your body might start re-adjusting its metabolism with that much cardio, so future cardio workouts wouldn't be as effective.

I say go for it! I often workout twice a day. Like LauraMax, it's usually weights and cardio, but sometimes it's cardio. If you're feeling up for it, do it. The usual advice is to listen to your body. If it's telling you it wants more exercise, by all means, do it!

Triathletes workout 2x a day all the time. I used to do this. I would love to workout twice a day now, but a fulltime job and a 4 year old make it impossible.

I really like 2x a day a few days a week... Many fitness instructors teach multiple classes in a day (and do the entire routine w/ class). Personally I am a morning person so my Am workout is a given but there are late afternoons when a 40-50 workout is just what I need to get the cob webs out of my brain!
I have also found that my stubborn last 10 pounds are starting to budge FINALLY by doing this 2-3 times a week.
Go for it- just listen to your body!

I've done this and it felt great! In fact, in June when I was on vacation with my extended family, all my nieces and sisters wanted to work out. In one day I did: Turbo Jam Learn and Burn so they could learn it, then Cardio Party 3, then Punch, Kick and Jam, then Ab Jam, then Kick Punch and Crunch and then Kick Max. A few other days during the week I did 2 workouts. At least I didn't gain any weight, but I was beat after the one day! I won't do that again, just accomodating everyone:)

I'd say go for it!

If you feel up to it why not? I sometimes do two workouts in a day. That way I don't feel as guilty for the days that I simply do nothave the time and/or energy to workout. :)

hi
im glad to see that im not the only one.its comforting to "talk" to you all because my husband does not understand why poeple in their right mind should go through all the torcher ending up sweting and smelling he would prefer to see a movie or to write one.so only u can understand that wonderfull feeling that i have at the end of a though workout.dont go away:* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

I went through a period of doing a cardio wo in the a.m. and a strength in p.m. and my body made amazing strides. It was very cool. I have done a few cardio/cardio days and it lead to burn out of Cathe. So I would recommend doing a cardio/ run or bike or whatever other form of a workout you like but not two cathe cardio on dvd in one day. Everyone's different, just my thoughts.
Heather

Just a question. How do you know how many calories you are burning in any particular workout. For instance I would love to know how many you burn in Boot camp or Imax 2.
Any thoughts
Angela :)

i agree except that i do weights in morn hour after breakfast then cardio around 3:00 or 5. i find that i can only do cardio with an empty stomache. i might add in legs or abs later on. only prob is taking 2 showers! it also depends on whether i have the whole day off. i have to sleep at least 10 hrs!

laura

"my husband does not understand why poeple in their right mind should go through all the torcher ending up sweting and smelling."

Neither does mine. Sometimes its like pulling teeth to get him to leave the room so that I can use it to work out in.

sorry for the late reply my computer was "ill"
i have the polar watch it has beside the regular watch a calory counter and a heart counter .in the kick max (i dont have boot camp) i burn almot 500 calories.in total i burn around 350-400 calories
with the basic step or with the low impact.i recommand working with this watch because u can have controll on your workout

bye

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.