Workout Tower or Chin up bar?

kali1

Cathlete
Question here.....

My sister and I (along with a few friends) are going to do P90X together. We are of various weights; ranging from 150 to 275. Would it be better to use a workout tower instead of a chinup bar? I ask because some of the bars have a weight limit of 300 pounds whereas the tower has a limit of 350. I'm leaning towards the tower but would appreciate opinions first.

Thanks!!

The towers, if you can stomach their size, are definitly more useful than the door gym. The disavdvantage is they are more pricey and HUGE. The towers offer better hand grip options as well as a much wider grip.
As far as weight, I would go with the tower. If the size doesn't bother you, I would always go for the tower. It also has dip bars, but you hang very high up, so I find it slightly more difficult, but if you have a tall stool or chair, I suppose it would not matter....

Good Luck to you. You will love the series.

Mic..
You can do an internet search for the Door Gym. It is sold at several different places. I got mine from Amazon. Don't buy the wide grip bar attachment. It is not worth it because it doesn't enable you to get a much wider grip than without it...

I just wanted to add that I have the Tower and we got it at Sports Authority for $99.00 + tax. It is big, but you have a handlebar pushup station, a triceps dip station, chin up station as well as the ab workout station (I believe this is referred to as a roman chair) - I have heard (haven't used it as much as DH) that the roman chair exercises are some of the best for toning your abs. If you can spare the expense, it's a great piece of equipment to have, IMHO.

Tricia

Tricia,

If you check back in on this thread, can you tell me how heavy the tower is? I'm considering buying one but would need to store it in my study, then move it to my living room/workout space every time I needed it. Can one person move the tower easily, or is that going to be a workout itself?:)

Tks in advance,
Allison

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.