WORKOUT Thursday 07/15

Dutchie42

Cathlete
Goood Morning all,

I did my very first 6K 6AM run today. I have done short "Rover" runs ofcourse.

I do feel that I don't run as well this early in the morning. And it's not because I have to get used to working out this early. I've been doing that for over a year. I run slower (like my body isn't awake yet) and the mental part is much harder (where's my coffee). But it's a great feeling that I've done it and the rest of the day is mine. Or rather my boss's :)

Dutchie

Hi Dutchie...I always ran better in the morning. I think it's just a matter of finding the best time for you. I always have coffee before I workout though! And being my own boss helps..:)...I am doing some arm work of something today and then KenpoX....enjoy the day...:)

Hey Dutchie!:)

This might sound unbelievable, but I think it's your attitude making you actually feel slower. Remember the little engine who could?
Maybe if you try a different way of looking at it, you won't be/feel slow. If you think you don't run as well in the morning, you won't. Think you can and you will run like the wind. Chances are good that you are running fine, but because of your thinking, you only feel slow. I hope that makes sense. It's a matter perspective.
Do you see your morning run as a challenge and interesting, or do you see it as a painful struggle that you have to endure?
use your attitude to drive your behavior and it will feel like you are the fastest runner in the world. As I am re-reading this I see that it may come off as offensive, and I swear on my life that I don't mean it to be offensive. Anyway, try to imagine yourself as the worlds greatest marathon runner, trust me, it will affect the way you feel on your run. Good luck and I hope this helps you.

Hi all, I did Slow and Heavy Triceps today along with All Step's abs and Interval Max. 1 in its entirety!!:7 :7 I was smokin' today!! Or a glutton for exercise. Actually my weight was up so I figured I better do something about it. IMAX 1 is really not that bad of a workout, I do tend to modify everything to lower impact but still I find it not so hard at all.;-)

Anyway have a great day and workout!!:D :D

your not being offensive and I really don't get offended that easily. I know what you mean. Thinking I don't run well is a self-fullfilling prophecy. And it works the other way round too. If I think I can do it, I can do it.

I hate getting up, but once I'm up and changed into my running gear, I'm just as happy to start the day as when I can sleep in and sit down for my morning coffee. And when I do a video workout my legs don't seem to be affected at all. But when I run, my legs feel stiff, uncoordinated and my knees seem to bother me more then when I run in the afternoon.

I loved to run this morning, the sun was colouring the sky a pinky shade, temp was lovely and no wind. All sorts of critters were moving between the trees and in the bushes. And 6K is a nice distance. Not too long, not too short.

Well, I'll do my weekend long run Saturday, and then we'll see how things go next week.

Dutchie

Good evening everyone

Dutchie, I was never able to run too good so early. My body is just not fully functional at that time of the day, but I guess you can get used to it. More coffee!
I did 30 min HIIT today and 30 min abs from BC, ME and some of my own versions.

Good night....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.