Workout shoe recommendation

RhiannonW

Cathlete
Can you Cathe lovers offer this Cathe lover some workout shoe brand recommendations? What workout shoe do some of you wear while working out(cardio) to Cathe?
Thank you for your expert opinions.

I wear Rykas. They just fit my feet best. Wider forefoot, narrower in the heel.
I do have to go up a half size, but that's ok.

I just bought a pair of Ryka Devotion XT Cross Trainers and I LOVE THEM!!!! Very comfy and cushy, and light in weight, too!

I use to always use Ryka, but found after years of wearing them, they were making them different. They made them more narrow and I suddenly found my feet to hurt. Then I tried Asics and loved them and still use them. But recently I received a pair of New Balance Versi v1 running shoe from my mother and love them too. I didn't thing I would like them, but the are really good. I wear them mostly for my treadmill but started wearing them during Cathe's cardio. I just bought a second pair from Amazon at a great price, under $40.

I was wondering if anyone works out in bare feet at home? Doing cardio, step, weights, whatever...

I used to wear shoes like a normal ;) person but kept stopping in the middle of my workouts to adjust the laces--tightening, loosening--change socks, try no socks, etc. No matter what I did, my shoes felt uncomfortable. Tried many different brands and styles, too and was soooo frustrated! Finally I just took them off and began working out with no shoes.

(I do wear shoes when working out at at a fitness center :) )

This question often comes up. I never recommend a brand but I do recommend a type of shoe--a cross trainer. Running shoes aren't meant for lateral motion and their tread isn't always the best for a indoor workout. Cross trainers work well for Cathe workouts because she has us moving in all sorts of directions and the tread is not too aggressive. Otherwise, find a shoe that fits YOUR foot. Of course if you do indoor cycling you need a cycling shoe--a stiff bottom is best for bicycling.

I've had good luck with the Reebok Crossfit Nano. They are pretty versatile, in that they are good for transitioning from weights, to spinning, to any lateral motion. I find that they have just enough room in the toe box so that they aren't constrictive.

I like Brooks "Ghost" running shoe. I've tried aerobic and cross training shoes and they made my feet hurt.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.