workout room mirrors

Thanks 4 sharing your pictures:):):p @JeanneMarie your workout space is amazing.
I love block glass windows:):):). We do have block glasses in the main bathroom.
Just not up stairs where my workout room is :)

Summer is short here central europe so we do not really get much sunny daylight throughout the year:(
This weekend was sunny with 24 degree celsius, 75 fahrenheit. Everyone was out cause this does not happen often:):)
I had to make the most of the weather going out, walking and hiking for hours:);)

ETA: I have read your post talking about you versus younger class attendees taking on plank challenge. congratulations:):eek:
You are putting both younger and older women to embarassment!
-- to shame. No judgement:) :):p

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! My room is very special to me and I'm so blessed to have it. We renovated our home in 2004, and that's when we put the room in. Before that, I was using the space in front of the TV in my bedroom. I wore the carpet out in that little spot.

I'd LOVE for anyone to visit! Wouldn't that be awesome? Really, too bad we don't all live closer so I could share.

And thank you Nathalie, for the compliment about my plank/ab challenge. It was fun to beat those young kiddos!

Hi there - I have a workout room and my husband got the mirror from Home Depot as well. It's not all the way around the room but it's big enough that I can check my form. He also put in a double swiveling overhead fan with light that I love because I can move it out of the way depending on what my workout is. If I need my heavy bag or high step etc., I can move the fans and the air is still circulating which is great. I also have radiant flooring which is really nice especially on colder days because it's such a nice feeling to stretch on a warm floor. Although then I usually don't want to get up, lol. Have fun with your new room!

Hi there - I have a workout room and my husband got the mirror from Home Depot as well. It's not all the way around the room but it's big enough that I can check my form. He also put in a double swiveling overhead fan with light that I love because I can move it out of the way depending on what my workout is. If I need my heavy bag or high step etc., I can move the fans and the air is still circulating which is great. I also have radiant flooring which is really nice especially on colder days because it's such a nice feeling to stretch on a warm floor. Although then I usually don't want to get up, lol. Have fun with your new room!
Sounds great, dizzle75! We are looking into heating as well. I think we are going to get a heat pump but radiant floor heatings sounds LOVELY!! What kind of flooring do you have on top of it? We were looking at getting rolls of rubber plyo flooring.

Heated floors in the gym? My dream would be the opposite, cooled floors! I don't ever let my room get warmer than about 65 degrees. It has a separate HVAC zone, so I can set it exactly where I want and the rest of the house is not affected. In the winter it stays about 65 without heat, in the summer it stays about the same with some A/C.

I would say the best thing we ever did for my workout room was make sure it had it's own HVAC Zone.

My workout room is in the basement. I had this company install two mirrors on separate walls. It cost about $375 for each mirror (including tax) for the 6'x8' .

http://themirrorcompany.com/

It's a little expensive but I did it a year apart and love them. They are super heavy and the installation guys had a heck of a time getting them down in the basement but they were able to install them.

Sounds great, dizzle75! We are looking into heating as well. I think we are going to get a heat pump but radiant floor heatings sounds LOVELY!! What kind of flooring do you have on top of it? We were looking at getting rolls of rubber plyo flooring.

Hi 2tina - It really is a wonderful thing to have! The room is partially subterrianial which gives it a geothermic effect, so it's always cool at a constant 60-65 degrees. We put in the radiant heat for the winter months when it can be a bit chilly and being on it's own zone we just leave it at 62 and it's very comfortable. The flooring on top is a basic wide plank tongue and groove laminated floor which I believe we got at Lowe's. Between the concrete floor and the laminate floor is a thin insulated padding recommended by the manufacturer which cushions the impact. So far I haven't had any issues being tough on my knees/ankles.

Hey ladies...

I think the workout room you are talking about completely walled with mirrors and the glass block window is mine. I probably shared it here. I can post photos of it again if you'd like. I LOVE my room. The only addition I've made in the last few years is a hook in the ceiling for my TRX suspension system. Let me know if you want to see the photos again!

FYI, the mirrors were installed by a professional. They are huge and as big as the wall. They had to be wheeled in on special carts and adhered to the wall securely. It was quite expensive, but we did it as part of a home remodeling project.
YES!!!! This is the room I was gushing about @JeanneMarie ! I'm so glad you posted those jaw-dropping photos for again...I think many Cathletes will use this as the "gold standard" for home gym nirvana! :)

This is a great room [emoji7]

Just because i'm a granny doesn't mean I have to look like one [emoji1434]

I purchased mirrors from a glass shop and a construction friend installed them. Not terrible expensive. About 300.00 and I've enjoyed it for 10 years. So about 10 bucks a year.
JeanneMarie, your room is beautiful,

Here's mine.

Attachments

• Workout room2.jpg
    Workout room2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 13

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.