workout room mirrors

2tina72382

Cathlete
Hi there!

I'm wondering if you have a workout room, do you have large wall mirrors and where did you buy them?

Finally got the OK to design my at home workout room and I am so excited!

:)
Tina

Oh, I would SO LOVE to have a dedicated room for my workouts! But, alas, I must commandeer our dinky living room every day. For my "mirror" I can see my silhouetted reflection in a picture that hangs on the wall! I know, I know...o_O, but it works! I do love the big mirrors in "real" workout spaces, though! When I travel and use the hotel fitness center it is so handy to be able to check form. I am sure that you will be able to purchase the same type of large mirrors through any building supply center. Are you using a contractor?
A few years back, several Cathletes posted pictures of their workout spaces. They were very creative in hiding their equipment in armoires and cabinets; but, the most amazing space was a beautifully designed dedicated basement workout room with the big mirrors and glass block to let in light. It was just breathtaking! I still dream of having something like that. Keep us posted with your progress; I'm sure many other Cathletes will be interested (and may be able to tell you where to get those mirrors at a bargain price!). :)

They were very creative in hiding their equipment in armoires and cabinets; but, the most amazing space was a beautifully designed dedicated basement workout room with the big mirrors and glass block to let in light. It was just breathtaking! I still dream of having something like that.

@Nanbo I wish I could find the thread and view this amazing space.:)

To OP.

Here is a suggestion. These below are pieces of miror put together. Ikea:)
They should, I hope, Help to check form.:)

lundamo-miroir__0188329_PE337024_S4.JPG

Nancy that's funny! I used to be in my family room and watch my reflection in the wall art too! I have my workout zen in my basement now. Carpeted, lighting both soft and bright, heating etc. I could only find my mirrors at Home Depot or Lowes. It's hard to find a plain square large mirror with NO etching, designs etc. I have them on 2 walls. 8 pieces total. As soon as they went up my arms got toned cuz I could finally see exactly what I was doing. I also see the jiggly bits...... I have coat racks to hold my bands and loops, a mini bookshelf for my DVDs, a small table for my notebooks and calendar. I love it! I hope you enjoy your new space!!!!

Nancy that's funny! I used to be in my family room and watch my reflection in the wall art too! I have my workout zen in my basement now. Carpeted, lighting both soft and bright, heating etc. I could only find my mirrors at Home Depot or Lowes. It's hard to find a plain square large mirror with NO etching, designs etc. I have them on 2 walls. 8 pieces total. As soon as they went up my arms got toned cuz I could finally see exactly what I was doing. I also see the jiggly bits...... I have coat racks to hold my bands and loops, a mini bookshelf for my DVDs, a small table for my notebooks and calendar. I love it! I hope you enjoy your new space!!!!
Sounds like a great workout space!! :)

Hey ladies...

I think the workout room you are talking about completely walled with mirrors and the glass block window is mine. I probably shared it here. I can post photos of it again if you'd like. I LOVE my room. The only addition I've made in the last few years is a hook in the ceiling for my TRX suspension system. Let me know if you want to see the photos again!

FYI, the mirrors were installed by a professional. They are huge and as big as the wall. They had to be wheeled in on special carts and adhered to the wall securely. It was quite expensive, but we did it as part of a home remodeling project.

Hey ladies...

I think the workout room you are talking about completely walled with mirrors and the glass block window is mine. I probably shared it here. I can post photos of it again if you'd like. I LOVE my room. The only addition I've made in the last few years is a hook in the ceiling for my TRX suspension system. Let me know if you want to see the photos again!

FYI, the mirrors were installed by a professional. They are huge and as big as the wall. They had to be wheeled in on special carts and adhered to the wall securely. It was quite expensive, but we did it as part of a home remodeling project.

Hi @JeanneMarie

I would like to look at your photos --- Without aiming to replicate any decoration, I would like to see photo.
I am looking for some inspiration and motivation. I will have a small room at least for now.

Kind Regards:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.