Workout Question

tsut

Cathlete
Okay here's my question. I did Leaner Legs Monday night. I did Stepworks last night - with much pain involved since I really went heavy on Leaner Legs. Today - my legs are still very sore and tender. Should I workout tonight or should I take a rest day? I planned on doing some cardio, but all of Cathe's tapes seem to work the legs, esp. Imax. Do you all work through the pain or do you take a day off? Thanks.

I would recommend either taking a rest day or doing some very light cardio just to keep the blood moving in those legs - sometimes that helps relieve some of the soreness.
Erica

hello. in my humble opinion,and if you are so sore that you are in pain, you know...PAIN, then definitely take a rest so your muscles can recouperate. i read once somewhere that muscles grow during rest. maybe some gentle stretching may be in order? i hope you feel better soon.

I'm not saying this is best, but I work through it. However, I may try and shift more focus to my upper body. For example, I'll do kickboxing and hold really light hand weights. Or I'll do a circuit workout where the weight circuits work large upper body muscles. I agree that getting the blood flowing through the legs helps loosen them up and make them feel better. Jeanne

Why not just do upper body. An hour long thing like a slow and heavy tape, or the upper body part of MIS. Sometimes I do PowerHour with absolutely no weight on the leg portion, just to give them some circulation, and full weight on the upper.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.