Workout log for week of September 21st

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hey there ladies! Have I told ya'll how wonderful it is to have this forum to come to? You guys are so encouraging. This week went well. I focused on the CTX express videos with shorter cardio spurts. It worked well for me. I was able to get 5 workouts in this week, which is just so wonderful!!! Hope everyone had a great week.

Sun: I-Max2, intervals 1-5 & 10
Mon: off
Tue: CTX Power Circuit
Wed: CTX Kickbox
Thurs: CTX Step & Intervals
Fri: CTX All Step
Sat: off

Hope I can get 5 workouts in this week too. I did order some FIRM videos, which I am hoping will be less intense than Cathe. I did preorder her new DVD's. It's going to be so hard not to try them!!!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Oh come on Melanie....it's going to be way tooooooo hard not to try them.....come on lets just do it and say we didn't }( }( }( . We'll just modify right?? When I saw that picture of Cathe laying on the ball with her arms wide out, I was picturing myself doing this and then as I let my eyes blur a little I could see how I would look exactly like Cathe, only the ball would be my stomach at 9 months - take a look at that picture it's kind of funny!!

I'm going to have to look at my notes to see what I did this week, but I think this is accurate,

T - PH
W - IMAX II
TH - Bad night, just too tired
F - PS Upperbody CST and ABS from BBA
Sat - BBA (PS)
Sun - Rest
Monday - CTX upperbody.....just planning ahead!! (If I speak it I'll have to do it!!)

I know I need more cardio, pregnancy and cardio are just not mixing for me....I've got to get some less intense cardio tapes, but I keep thinking for what....2 months and 2 1/2 weeks???? I guess I should be thinking that I could accumulate a lot of fat in that amount of time!!

Briee

Hi all!! Looks like everyone is doing good....:) I am prob. the only one who didnt preorder the new workouts!;( I am saving them for after I am done with the preg. for a new kick in the butt!!I am looking foward to it already!

Here is my week:
Sun.-Rest
Mon.-PLB (premix)
Tues.-Muscle Endurance bi's,tri's,shoulders & CTX Bi's,Tri's,Shoulders
Wed.-Cardio & Weights (cardio premix)/Abs
Thurs.-Imax 2 cardio only plus repeat 1-5
Fri.-Muscle Endurance
Sat.-Rest

Smiley, what is Imax 2 cardio only? Isn't the whole thing cardio? Then did you repeat intervals 1 thru 5? Just curious.

I got my new FIRM videos today. I had these a long time ago & traded them for a HR monitor. I really liked them then. I got real sweaty & slippery when I did them--so I"m sure I still will. Can't wait to try one of them tomorrow.

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Hi Smiley,

I did not order them either. I bought almost every Cathe video in the catalog over the last several months and promised my husband that I wouldn't buy anymore for a long time. Actually, I would like to switch to DVDs, so I don't really want to buy any more videos anyway until we do that. The DVDs sound sooo cool--all those options.

You are all doing a great job. Even though I am way heavier than I want to be, I am so glad I worked out through this pregnancy. I feel very energetic and ready to start working out. I will start Thursday.

Maggie

Ya' all are doing FAB! I'm so proud of ya'!

Here's my week (if I can stick to it). I start my weeks on Saturday.

Sat - Viper (skipped some of the heavy leg wts) + PH Upper body
Sun - Rest
Mon - Boot Camp (skipped abs & lunges, terminators) + PUB chest, shoulder, back & tri
Tues - CTX Kickbox
Wed - Rest
Thurs - Step Class at Gym
Fri - Run/Walk on treadmill or Rest...depending on how I feel (I'm bettin' it will be a rest day)

What do ya' think? I am just now starting to get back into working out after feeling like doo doo from morning sickness for way too long! As Briee put it the other day.." I am finally back to the land of the living:)"

Are we suppose to be reporting our previous week workout or helping each other motivate for this week? Hopfully I did it right?

Melanie-I didnt do the blast sections at the end of the cardio.Then at the end of the workout i redid 1-5 without the blast again.:)

Do you all still lift the same amount of weight you did before you were preg.?I have been doing the same except for lighter on deadlifts.I have had a few people be concerned with this....I always go by if it doesnt feel right dont do it.:) I also read no to lift heavy weight above your head....what is your take on this??:eek:

Hey Pammer.....everyone has been posting what they did for the previous week. When I used to check in on the ecto chick site we always posted our plan for the week to come. Sometimes our plan would get a little altered and we "looked really good" as to what we were trying to accomplish, but often times "really didn't do all of it" or sometimes did more. There are benefits to both, but I'm kind of liking the post what you did last week as it "really" keeps me accountable, because I must report accurately on what I actually did. Was that long winded enough for ya??

Just to be confusing, I did both this time as I posted my plan for Monday morning :p :p :p and I'm happy to report that I did it guys!!!

Hey smiley, I'm still lifting the same weights and I also heard to cut your weight in half....just can't imagine doing that!! My personal motto is...if it feels good do it. (this does not apply to all areas of life - strictly fitness!!!). The main difference is that I need to take more breaks in between, my endurance is even worse than normal (if that's possible). Sometimes on tired days I lift less. As for lifting above my head, I don't do this with heavy weights - I use my weight bench turned around backwards and get under the weight and stand up. This works great for me on my heavy lifting days. On PLB I do 35, 40 and 45 for the squat type work and I lift the first two weights over my head, but I have a second bar bell on the bench to get under that is set at 45. Same for Slow and Heavy, but I go much heavier and again get under the bar at the bench, I'm sure I'd fall over if I tried hoisting it overhead. Just a few ideas.

Briee

Thanks Briee. Oops...looks like I did it wrong then. My workout log I wrote down is for this week. Good news is I came thru on Saturday and Monday to plan! Yeah!

I am also confused on the heavy wts above your head. I have quit doing the heavy leg squats etc. as I can always feel it in my belly/abs that it is straining to get it up there. I have always struggled with them anyway.

I think I am going to try and start going to the gym at least 1-2 days a week again and get in a good lower body workout with the machines versus free weights. I also have a universal wt set at home that I need to get on more. It has leg extensions and leg presses. I might do it today with my cardio workout. I am not sure what I am going to do yet. Definitely in the mood for some Cathe. Maybe I'll do CTX kickox as planned?

Hope you gals are having a terrific Tuesday morning:)

Hi girls! I hope that you don't mind if I join in here with you all. It helps to keep me motivated everytime I read your posts. I am only in my 9th week so I am feeling a little tired, but if I miss a workout, I feel even more tired! Anyway, here are my workouts for last week:
Sun: CTX Step and Intervals (just cardio - my son woke up early)
Mon: Cardio Kicks
Tues: off
Wed: Wedding Video cardio
Th: Wedding video weights
Fri: Gay Gasper Hi/Low
Sat: Gay Gasper Power Strike
Thanks for letting me join in, girls!

Hi Sara! Welcome to the forum. Yes, of course you're welcome to join as is everyone. It's nice to hear from new people. You're workouts look great. 1st trimester is so difficult with all the fatigue/nausea.

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

Hi there,
Because I only got serious about working out about a month before I found out I was pregnant, I actually increased my weights during the course of my pregnancy ( I am notorious for not listening to experts:p ), but I that I only did it when it felt okay. I did have to decrease the weight for dead lifts and by the last couple of weeks, I had to stop leg work altogether. I also did no ab work (and am paying for it nowx( ). The other thing that got tough was barbell chest work. I had a hard time safely picking it up and getting down to the bench, so I used dumbells instead and that felt better for me. For what it's worth, that's my take:)

take care
Maggie
3 weeks post partum

Smiley2 -
I was able to lift the same amount of weight during my pregnancy as I did before - for the most part. The only exceptions were deadlifts (same as you), and towards the end I lightened up 5-10 pounds on squats. Cardio was a different story, however. I majorly decreased the intensity. In some aspects I would say that pregnancy made me stronger- does this make sense? Maybe the increased blood volume helped me to continue lifting the same amount? Is it possible that the few people who are concerned with your weightlifting are not weight lifters themselves... I agree, if you feel fine, then likely everything is okay with your workouts.

HI Emy-You are right -the person who was concerned is definitely not a weight lifter.;-) I just wanted to make sure I wasnt doing anything crazy.:) :) I guess I will continue to do what feels good!!

I am impressed with all you preg. ladys!!:) :) Keep it up,you will be glad when you are in labor and after when it is easy to get back into it again.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.