workout dvd that burns lots of calories

js70

Cathlete
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have any favorite workout dvd in a about 50 - 60 minutes range of time and that burns lots of calories. It seems that I burn approximately 400 calories (according to my polar heart rate monitor) doing about 60 minutes workout ( Cardio Kicks, In the Ring and etc.) I wish it's higher and I think these workouts are not that easy.

Of Cathe's dvds, the ones that burn the most calories for me are: Body Max2 with 600, Cardio Fusion with 590, Low Max with 550 and Drill Max with 540. This is according to my HRM. Of course, some of these workouts are over 1 hour and some combine weightwork with the cardio.

HTH,
Gin :)

Does it have to be Cathe? If not, all the Insanity workouts are under 60 minutes and can be calorie incinerators!!!

Running intervals keeping your heart rate above 70% burns a lot, Rhythmic Step was 600 calories on Thursday (might be 600 on any day of the week:p) jump rope is excellent even if you keep it low impact (one foot on the floor at all times.) You can do one minute intervals of different kinds of jumping to keep it fun and use a stretch max as a cool down.

one more thought

You can wear a weighted vest and add the weight into your body weight on your THR while running, walking or doing jump rope. You will feel it in your calves though, so be warned:p That will increase your burn.

I totally agree with the vote for Insanity. I saw the timer on the TV screen say 41 minutes and thought to myself, I can handle 41 minutes Bwaaahahhhaaaaaa!! Silly me!! Longest flippin 41 minutes of my life!! :eek::eek:

For me Amy Bento's All Cardio Hi Lo knockout does wonders!
Cardio Core Circuit is pretty darn good too :)
:)
Oh, and insanity :eek:

I would also guess Cathe's HiiT workouts. They get your heart-rate up there and you sweat a lot!! I don't have a calorie monitor but I just know it hurts soo good!

I burn a ton of calories doing Cathe's Boot Camp. It's about 60 minutes total. I also like the premixes for Drill Max and Cardio Fusion - all are well under 60 minutes and fry me every time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.