workout combo moves

Diann

Is there a DVD available that shows the steps to the combos slower than in the lite series workouts?

No, there's not. I noticed that you're a new member. I don't know if you're new to forum or also new to Cathe. If you're new to Cathe, I'd suggest purchasing her Basic Step DVD. I believe it is her only beginner step video. Since you're talking about the Lite Series, I assume that you are at least at the intermediate level. So, exercise-wise, Basic is going to be too easy for you. That means you'll probably use it just a few times in order to get used to some of Cathe's stepping moves, her cuing, etc. Since you won't be using it for very long, I'd suggest purchasing a used copy on E-bay rather than buying new. Then, you can resell it, so it's not taking up space. Some DVDs have just Basic Step on them, while others come with either Body Fusion, Low Impact Step, or Cardio and Weights Both Body Fusion and Low Impact Step are step videos at around the intermediate level, so if you Find a copy of Basic Step with one (or Basic Step with both - a DVD called Total Cardio Step - I think), you'd learn a few more moves. Basic moves slower than the other two. Basic and the other 2 break down the steps and give you quite a few chances to practice a move before adding the next move. That's how I got started. Then, when I went to do any of her other videos, I learned quickly, because many of her moves were variations of some sort or another of moves I'd already learned. So, I didn't normally (she's got a few advanced ones out there that I still struggle with) need each move broken down and repeated so many times. I'm not a "natural", so I feel it still takes me longer than a lot of people to learn a new step routine, but I like the challenge. I don't think I would have been able to learn most of her routines if I hadn't started with the ones I suggested, because I would have gotten too frustrated. Now, when I'm learning a new routine, I might have one new move that I struggle with rather than the entire routine - just enough to keep me on my toes. :) I've also heard that Cathe has some YouTube videos that show a few moves more slowly, but when I took a look at them (a few months ago for my husband who was just getting started), I didn't feel they were going to be quite enough to get him ready for the ICE or Lite Series that he was wanting to do, so I started him with the workouts that I suggested to you. You might check them out though. Everybody learns differently. I really needed to apply what I was learning in order to be able to remember it. I've been doing Cathe for decades, but I'm fairly new to the forum. In my time here, I've found that there are some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here. They might have some other ideas for you. :) If you decide to start the way I suggested, I checked E-bay, and Total Cardio Step (which contains Basic and the other 2 I suggested to do next) is available. Somebody is even selling it with Total Body Stretching and Total Muscle Sculpting, which would add beginner level strength training and stretching to your workout if you're wanting variety and just starting out with working out. If you're already doing strength training though, you'll find these to be too easy for you.

Thank you so much. I'm not a natural either so it takes me a lot longer to learn the cardio steps. I'll check out the DVD's you suggested.

So if you're referring to LITE Cardio Party ... this is "old-school" floor aerobics... maybe preview it & write down the names of the various moves, then check YouTube for some instructions. The moves are fairly standard moves, so once you have it, you'll always have it. Try counting the moves, usually it's an 8-count. Have fun!

So my sister says ... make it easy on yourself, preview it first when you have some time, then keep the remote in your hand & hit the "rewind " button & accept that the first few times through are not going to be perfect & that's OK. Just have fun with it!

So my sister says ... make it easy on yourself, preview it first when you have some time, then keep the remote in your hand & hit the "rewind " button & accept that the first few times through are not going to be perfect & that's OK. Just have fun with it!
This is my advice as well. And YouTube tutorials. There are lots of channels that feature step. Good luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I'm starting to get the hang of it now. I guess learning the moves is just part of the fun and is still a challenging work out. Thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.