workout bra recs

jaxgirl

Hi-
It's been a long while since I posted last. I gave birth to a beautiful little girl, Mikaela, 1/25/04. Didn't workout as much as I had hoped during my pregnancy, due to various pregnancy complications and an unusually demanding work schedule. I'm now 4 weeks post-partum and just now thinking about working out again. I had a c-section so I still have to wait a little longer. But I need to find some good workout bras before I start running or doing anything higher impact. I used to be a 34 B and love the Champion Action Tech bras. Now I'm a 34 D or DD with all this milk and my old bras just won't work. I have some good nursing bras that I can use for low impact or weight work but not for running. I've looked in Title 9 and see a few options (except most DDs don't go smaller than a 36) but thought I'd see if anyone had any recommendations. Thanks.

Kathy

Kathy! I just posted this exact same question on PostPartum check in post! Too funny. Our stories are very similiar. I too had a Csection, but delivered about a week before you did. I just began working out yesterday. I know I"m suppose to wait for the 6week check up, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I too was a 34B, now I"m about a D cup & I've found that with hi impact my perfect Champion bra just isn't cutting it. My boobs actually hurt when I workout. I"m afraid that the strain might lead to droopage if I continue. :) DH won't like droopy boobs. :) :D If you find a bra, PLEASE let me know! I'll be searching as well.
Congrats on your new arrival.

Melanie
Baby Justin born 1/17/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be searching both these websites and the title 9 catalogue this weekend.

Melanie- congrats on the arrival of your little boy! I'll keep you posted on my search. There is actually one bra in the title 9 catalogue that has large cup sizes (D or DD) with smaller chest sizes (34). I may try that. I figure I'll call customer service and see if they have any suggestions as well. Take care.

Kathy - I don't have any suggestions as far as bras go, I just have to tell you how much I love your new baby's name!! Absolutely beautiful!!! We are going to name our little girl Makena, so it is kind-of close! Congrats to you on your new addition! :D

Thanks so much Sara. The name Makena is very pretty too. Hope your pregnancy is going well! Take care.

Melanie - I ordered a bra from Title 9. Don't know the name of it but I'll let you know if I like it. I found a couple in there with 34 D size in similar styles to what I like (the compression).

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.