Workout Blender problem

eminenz2

Cathlete
Hey, everyone!

I am having a problem with my Step Blast/Step, Jump, and Pump DVD. The Workout Blender is not working on the SJP portion of the disc. I tried various ways to get it to work, but it seems that no matter how many sections I choose to "blend", when I hit "start" the disc stops playing completely!

Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to fix it?

I've already emailed SNM regarding this.

Thanks!

Susan G.

Do you have a Sony? I do and the blender does not work for both SJ&P and L&G. I emailed SNM and they said it was a firmware issue. I then emailed Sony to see if I could download a firmware upgrade and they said, "No." So now I have to quit being lazy and program my player, which really isn't too bad.

I can't remember which DVD it was for me, but there are a couple where the Workout Blender simply does not work. I have attributed it to my DVD player, as have other people on the forum. I have a Sony 5-disc player. It seemed that all the people with the Sony 5-disc player had trouble. Sorry I'm not much help, but it may be your player.:(

Edited to add: Jillybean and I must have been writing at the exact same time! Sorry for the duplication....

Yes, I have a Sony one disc player. Basically SNM told me the same thing - it was the DVD player not the disc.

So I actually have to drag my beaten up lazy behind back over to the remote and press MORE buttons when I barely have the strength to breathe??? LOL :eek:

What is this world coming to?;-)

Susan G.

hmmm.....I have a Sony and 1 DVD, L&G and my workout blender works!
So, why does my Sony work and yours doesn't?
Lynne

Maybe it has to do with the time I frisbeed the LG DVD across the room in frustration.

Just kidding!

I have no idea why it doesn't work.

Susan G.

I have the same issue with my Sony 5-disc machine. I searched high and low to find one that will let me program between DVDs then come to find the Blender is not supported. Speaking of which...anyone know how to SAVE the programs we enter? I supppose that is asking too much of DVD players, eh??

Thanks in advance-
Terri K.

In a brave new world, all new Cathe workouts will be available over the internet. You pay for the workouts you want, or you buy them on some type of DVD or CD ROM and you download it onto your computer. Then, since, of course, our computers will be hardwired into our houses to run everything from the can opener to the satellite TV, you can have infinite control programming your Cathe workouts.

You'll be able to mix and match Step workouts, hi/lo workouts, heavy weights, endurance weights, circuits galore, etc. The possibilites will be endless! You'll be able to save them all on your computer.

Imagine the time and money saved on shipping and DVDs that don't work on this or that DVD player. No more! You'll just have it all on your computer!

Until then, we will use finicky DVD players and hothouse flower sensitive DVDs and VHS tapes!

Susan G.

Hi Susan, I just wanted to add my .02 cents! I have a Panasonic, have similar problems and have confirmed with Panasonic the problem is the player. It seems, so far, from the posts over the last few months that a lot of us with these two brands have had various issues. I also have a 5 change Mitsuibishi and every one of the DVD's play perfect which also validates it's the player! But of course that is our nice big player in the living room and not where I work out!

Jo

Can I ask about how much your Mitsubishi 5-DVD ran you? Thanks!

You know, that thing that gets me is that I researched DVD players online for a few days, and the Sony got really high ratings. So I was really surprised to hear so many of us were having problems!

Susan G.

We paid between $500 - $600 3 years ago. So it's probably come down, but it was really high-end then. My Panasonic is VHS/DVD combo and only cost about $140. It is not even close to the quality of our other one but I wanted the combo because of all my existing tapes. I only use this player for working out.

Jo

Edited to add: My DH just corrected me, our 5-change player is a Yamaha (TV is Mitsuibishi).

I have a Zenith DVD/VHS and the Workout Blender works fine, just took me awhile to figure out as I am new to DVD's...:)...Carole

I am responding late to your message. I have just recently bought the Body Blast series and have encountered problems with the workout blender on two of the dvds, but it works on the supersets/push and pull dvd. I was wondering if you were sent new dvds or if the problem has been corrected at all.

On some players the workout blender will not work. If the main program plays okay, but the Workout Blender does not work...then the problem is most likely with the players firmware. 5 Disc players will encounter the most problems.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.