Workout Blender page is "Not Secure" anymore

aqua girl

Cathlete
i noticed this earlier in the day and just noticed it again. Everything is secure until the workout blender site
Comes up and then it changes to not secure. On google chrome on Chromebook. Also the player looks
Different and has different features. What's going on?

Sorry to be a pest, but is the workout blender site secure or does it even matter? I have been afraid to use it
Since yesterday, and in the address bar after a minute or two after being in the blender, it will change from
The "little I in a circle"to saying not secure. Just trying to make sure everything is ok. I don't ever remember
Seeing the actual words not secure before. Thanks

It doesn't matter, but there is an issue with web user's trying to play OnDemand videos. We're working on this now.

My blender will not even come up. It just keeps "loading". Also, the new player for OnDemand won't toggle to the larger page, the chapters won't pull up, and you cannot advance using the arrows on the bottom. Is this what you are working on?? I've cleared everything and it's still happening.

The problem you're seeing was caused by the player we use on computers (JW Player ) had a major "auto" upgrade yesterday to 8.0 that we were not aware of until it happened. If you clear your browser's cache the WB should load. However, chapters are currently not working as they use a third party plugin that is not compatible with the new JW Player. There are some other issues too with the play and pause controls that we can fix, but the chapters issue will probably take some time to resolve. We're just in the beginning phase of finding a solution and will let you know more as soon as we do. Currently we're waiting to hear back from JW Player support and the developers of the plugin we use for the chapters.

It should be. The only thing on the computer version that's not working is the chapters, but this shouldn't affect the app.

I believe the cueing is faster than the video, now. I couldn't watch my workout blender with PS Legs in it this morning it was so out of synch. It had to be all audio. I was glad I knew PS Legs well enough to not have to see what was going on.

Agreed, the blender isn't working so great now, it isn't as smooth as it was, and somethings are off. Also, since
The last Chromebook or Chrome update, my mouse won't move the horizontal scroll bars left/right to navigate
Thru chapters, videos that you drag over. I have to use the touchpad to move that way and then the mouse will
Navigate vertically, that's a hassle to have to go back & forth between mouse & touchpad, Forum Admin, do you
Know what's going on with that? I think that part is the update, not the actual blender, any thoughts would
Be appreciated.

Hi aqua girl, I would first suggest clearing your browsers cache as we had to perform emergency surgery on the WB several times yesterday. I'm not seeing or having any scrubber bar issues today, but I was yesterday. So clearing your cache may solve at least this issue. This worked for me.

The problems you're seeing were caused yesterday when someone unexpectedly at JW Player deciding to upgrade everyone, including us, that were using their 6.0 JW Player to 8.0. They also forgot to notify us of this change and hence we couldn't prepare for it. JW Player did contact us last night and apologized for the mistake and they are working with us to help us get everything back up and running the way it should be and hopefully better, but this may take a week or two.

You should also make sure that you're using the secure https://cathe.com/stream/wb/ link, not the http link we were using previously. The only problem I'm seeing is the chapters are not working on the WB, but for some people they're. I just depends on your operating system and browser version right now from what I can see.

We're currently working a strategic plan to fix the chapter issue and any other problem caused by the player upgrade yesterday, but we want to move cautiously as we don't want to make the problem worse.

No, that didn't help. It's not the scrubber bar in the player, example is when you bring over a video into the
Blending area and the chapters appear below, there is a scroll bar horizontal to move left/right to look at
Chapters. Since the last chrome update, on my Chromebook, the scroll bar is there, but now when I point my mouse onto it to move right or left, it doesn't move, a little red circle with line thru it appears. But, if I point the
Cursor in that area with the touchpad on the computer, and move my 2 fingers right or left it will move. The
Mouse continues to work the vertical scroll bars however....very strange...I have a couple Chromebooks and it
Has happened to all. Do you have any idea at all what happened? It seems to me it was the Chrome update,
For another example, one Chromebook I hadn't used for awhile and used it last night in the blender, the scroll
Bars worked perfectly, side to side, up & down. This evening I was on it again and it did anChrome update.
After that, I went into the blender and now the horizontal scroll bars won't work with the mouse!!! Any ideas
Would be appreciated, btw, I always use the Chromebooks "as a guest"

I think all my issues have been resolved. I even have chapters back for OnDemand and blended workouts. I think I've tried everything but who knows, I usually forget to check something. Thanks for the response and help.

No, that didn't help. It's not the scrubber bar in the player, example is when you bring over a video into the
Blending area and the chapters appear below, there is a scroll bar horizontal to move left/right to look at
Chapters. Since the last chrome update, on my Chromebook, the scroll bar is there, but now when I point my mouse onto it to move right or left, it doesn't move, a little red circle with line thru it appears. But, if I point the
Cursor in that area with the touchpad on the computer, and move my 2 fingers right or left it will move. The
Mouse continues to work the vertical scroll bars however....very strange...I have a couple Chromebooks and it
Has happened to all. Do you have any idea at all what happened? It seems to me it was the Chrome update,
For another example, one Chromebook I hadn't used for awhile and used it last night in the blender, the scroll
Bars worked perfectly, side to side, up & down. This evening I was on it again and it did anChrome update.
After that, I went into the blender and now the horizontal scroll bars won't work with the mouse!!! Any ideas
Would be appreciated, btw, I always use the Chromebooks "as a guest"

Hi aqua girl, I don't have a chromebook to test on, but I am running the latest 64 bit version of Chrome and I'm not seeing the problem you described. Our lead developer is working on the WB today and I'll have him take a look to see if there is some deprecated code that needs to be updated. First, though we have to focus on changing our OnDemand site to https so that we can then use the latest JW Player and fix the chaptering issue as well as some other things.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.