Working up to Hiit

Cupcake

Cathlete
So the day called for Hiit 40:20 and this was my first attempt at it. I don't think I managed anywhere near 40:20.
But I did see it to the end. Only subbed the one where you hold the bench and jump over it side to side.
I still stayed within a real good target HR that's higher than what I'm used to.
Really liked the exercise selection.
It tried to kill me. I'm sure if I could have done it the way it was intended that it would have :)
But I was surprised I saw the last interval.
Damn I have so many Cathe's that I'm just starting to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Cupcake, I'm not sure which HiiT workout you tried as your picture sort of covers up a lot of what you're saying (not sure how to adjust the size or if it's my computer?). HiiT isn't for everyone but it has huge benefits - just don't push yourself to do more than you can! HiiT intervals can be modified if need be! I personally hate HiiT even if it is low impact; I know it's good for me but at 46 my knees disagree and I only do what I can. As long as you're in a good target heart range you should be fine! :)

I'm feeling it now. How are the newer Hiit workouts compared to the Shock Cardios? Do they also have the timer?

40/20 is a great work out to build up your HITT stamina. Next time you do this workout try doing the intervals as 20/40. Watch the counter, either start or finish 20 seconds before Cathe. Once you master 20/40, do 25/35; then 30/30, etc. I use this technique with my clients on a regular basis. It really helps to increase your HITT endurance. You will most likely be surprised at how quickly you can increase your workload.

I'm feeling it now. How are the newer Hiit workouts compared to the Shock Cardios? Do they also have the timer?

I'm going to [emoji818]️ out the DVDs [emoji2]

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

You inspired me to pull out this DVD today. I couldn't wait until she said one minute break :) this one is always tough!

I just survived 30:30 and now I know why she called that series shock cardio. I'm shocked people have that cardio endurance!
I'm in awe. Both of the endurance and the strength of your joints!
But it definitely was more doable than 40:20 but the
Exercises were more fun in 40:20! But you do need them to be different for sure.
I'm just bewildered at how strong some of you are!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.