Work from Home Career

A

amanda12485

Want to find a Work from Home Career - (no party selling)

I would love to have a career where I work from Home, has anybody had success with this and if so what was your career?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love some information as well as I need to get a second job. I teach kindergarten until 1 but usually stay later to get all the prep. work done and to get set up. I would love to find something that allowed me to work from home as a second job. I'm thinking of going to school to become a medical secretary in hopes that I could do some of that on weekends and more in the summer or better yet do medical transcription from home.

I'd love some information as well as I need to get a second job. I teach kindergarten until 1 but usually stay later to get all the prep. work done and to get set up. I would love to find something that allowed me to work from home as a second job. I'm thinking of going to school to become a medical secretary in hopes that I could do some of that on weekends and more in the summer or better yet do medical transcription from home.

I work from home. It has some advantages BUT, . . . requires a heck of a lot of discipline and gets really lonely. I love it and I absolutely hate it. I have 2 kids and I love the flexibility of being able to volunteer at their school or go for a long run when I want to. I do medical/dental billing/collections. I don't know about medical transciption. I think with all technology out there medical transcription may be a thing of the past but administrative jobs in the medical field seem to always be hiring.

How would you get started in the medical billing career from home?

I've been working from home as a contract paralegal for the last 12 years (I've been in the legal profession for the last 25 years). When my youngest daughter was 3 I decided to quit my full time job as a trial paralegal and wanted to try and do something from my home as an independent. I said lots of prayers and God answered them one day. I found an ad in the paper where an attorney was looking for a paralegal who could work in either "their office or my own". I wasn't sure if that meant working from home, but after I submitted my resume I learned that it was. I've been there since and I work strictly from home (I LOVE it!). I would suggest that you see what the market is like for whatever you are skilled in and go from there. In my case I daily looked at the papers, etc. to see if anything was available. Just be careful of those companies that advertise about working from home -- my neighbor from 10 years ago did that and it wasn't a good experience for her. The old saying "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" definitely applies here. Good luck!

Julie

I work from home as a Beachbody coach-it's not full time, but that's up to me. I love it because i get to reach so many more people than I can come into live contact with on a daily basis. It feels great to help people reach their fitness goals. Fitness is my passion and I love making money doing what I love.

if you don't mind me asking, can you make enough mondy as a coach to live off from. Can you do it full time? I always thought about becoming one.

I work from home as a Beachbody coach-it's not full time, but that's up to me. I love it because i get to reach so many more people than I can come into live contact with on a daily basis. It feels great to help people reach their fitness goals. Fitness is my passion and I love making money doing what I love.

100% ditto on this. No company is perfect, and I love working out w/ many different instructors, but I'm very happy w/ being a BB Coach. One of the best perks? I've gotten to know so many more people from this & other forums thru Coaching. :) Very cool!

Amanda,
Yes and no. Yes, you can make enough to live off of being a coach and I do know some coaches that have retired from their "J-O-B-S" to do this full time, but it's not going to happen right away. As with anything, the more time you put into it, the more you will get out of it. I do it part time, and I'm working my way to making it full time. In the mean time, I'll take the few extra hundred dollars a week. They pay weekly and I think they have one of the best payouts in network marketing. On top of 25% commissions and coach discounts, there are lots of different ways to earn bonuses. Coaches are not required to carry inventory, nor required to make monthly purchases, start-up and maintenance fees are minimal. Love this company, I've been a customer since 2001.
If you would like more information, you are free to contact me through my profile.

-Ali

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.