Wondering About New STS Series

Donnysgirl

Cathlete
Just wondering what you all think about the new series. I'm not sure I can justify the cost for this many DVD's on just weight work. I have everything that Cathe has done so I am really torn here. I just get the impression that maybe I'm getting in a little over my head. I really don't want to invest in a pull-up bar or a squat rack. I probably would be willing to get the slanted risers. Anyhow, do you guys have an opinion on this or is anybody feeling similar doubts? Thanks

Sharon

Hi Sharon! I don't plan on buying STS. After going back & forth I finally made this painful decision. I had just purchased & am still reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women. It has a 6 month program but you can do the program for 3 months instead + there's a section on nutrition. I purchased the book for only $20 which covers EXCELLENT very thoughtout workouts using periodization. I've also done more than 2 rounds of P90X from Beachbody which uses periodization. I just can't justify spending $200 on this just so I can follow along w/Cathe. I plan on putting in one of my many Cathe dvds, however, while following along w/NROLFW book for company. LOL

BTW: If you decide to preorder, you will have to purchase a pullup bar eventually. You'd be surprised how strong your entire upper body gets from doing all different kinds of pullups. Re the squat rack-you don't need one. There's going to be a leg routine without the squat rack. You'll need to invest in more dumbbells too. Its up to you what you want to do. But if you want to get real results, the only way is to lift heavy. I hope I've helped some. Kathy

Hi Kathy!

Thank you for your thoughful response. So sorry it took me so long to reply. It's hard for me to put in computer time during the week. I'm just too tired at night to get on-line. Anyway, after much mental torture I too have decided against the STS series, but I'll tell ya, it was very tough to come to that conclusion. I love Cathe and her workouts have got me in the best shape of my life. I'm 53 and have been doing her workouts since 1998 and literally have all of them. It's not like me at all to walk away from a pre-sale and I may change my mind before the pre-sale ends, but at this point I don't think I will. Thanks again Kathy and you take care.

Sharon:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.