wishlist

gettingthere

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

Thanks for all the wonderful workouts! They're the best!

I've become so addicted to you that I hate to buy anyone else's videos. But there's only one more type of video I'm looking for - stretch. After a few days of some of your workouts a good stretch really feels good! Any chance you'll come out with one soon?

Best,
Liz

P.S. What kind of shoes do you and your crew usually wear?

Im not Cathe and you may not get an answer from her for a while b/c she is to busy with our new videos....hipeee.
But, on another post she had mentioned that she was going to be putting out some sort of pilates video or yoga , the next time around.And I beleive that they use Ryka shoes.I have been tempted to buy a pair but the sales people always say that they aren't a big seller so I stick to New Balance for aerobics and Sacoune for running.
Hope this helped.
Lori

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the update. How do you like your Saucony (sp?) running shoes? I've been looking at those lately and wondering if they're any better than my New Balance shoes. The problem with workout shoes is that they all feel good in the store, it's half way thru a workout you find out if they're what you need or not!

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Lori,

I buy Ryka shoes from their internet site. I love the shoes, but at Lady Footlocker (which is the only place I buy my workout shoes other than Ryka.com), they rarely have any Rykas and when the do, they never have larger than a size 6. No way am I smashing my 9 1/2s into a size 6.:) I think Ryka is a great shoe and a much better buy than Reebok, Adidas or Nike which I think are the hottest sellers.

Take care,

DeeDee

I tried New Balance and Ryka and a couple of others as well and what it came down to for me was the fit and comfort. I bought one of the Ryka models because when I tried them on, my feet said: "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" Every time I put them on I get the same thing happening!

They're just made for my shape of feet. I recommend you go to a specialized running/sports store that has several brands and just try them ALL on! Let your feet decide.

Hélène

My problem is just the opposite. No one carries shoes small enough! I've ended up having to order New Balance online just to get my size, which means that I don't get to try on many shoes. I just chuckle at all the recommendations to try on as many shoes as possible. I spent weeks looking and most stores start their sizes a size and a half larger than I wear and only in medium (I measure to a 4.5 wide, but usually give up a wear a 5 wide if I can find one)

Helene,

I know what you mean about the "Ahhhhhh"! I recently purchased a pair of New Balance cross trainers, and they were ok, but when I put on the Ryka's, well, my feet are now in heaven! Bring on the hi/lo and step routines!

I wore them today when I did CTx 10-10-10. Usually about 1/2 way thru the workout, the bottom so my feet start aching. Not today! None of the high impact moves bothered my feet!! The rest of me, well that's another story ;)

Liz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.