Winsor Pilates success, anyone?

kellib

Cathlete
I've done pilates before and I know it's really good for core toning and strength but never tried Mari Winsor's. I got sucked into watching her info-mercial and it made me want to get on the phone and order! (I restrained myself).

Has anyone tried these? What were your results?

I bought the complete set when it first came out and I love it. I also take private classes at a center that is certified by the original Pilates people in NYC. Both workouts are the same, and I can tell that Mari is a real Pilates instructor.

I got to the class once a week and then workout with Mari's classes the rest of the week (2-3 times per week). She has longer classes and shorter ones (20 min). Fits your schedule very well.

The tapes are classy, well produced, well explained. They are excellent in every way. My recommendation is get them, you won't be sorry.

Laurie

I have them and really like them a lot. My favorites are the 20 minute Advanced Body Slimming, Ab Sculpt and Buns & Thighs. They're only 20 minutes each and very effective.

The abs tape is the most brutal ab workout I have ever done. When I say brutal, that's a good thing. I have no doubt that I have some great looking abs (underneath the 15 lbs of pure fat on top of them!)
Sigh.
I definitely recommend the abs tape. I was sore for many days (and I regularly do ab workouts).

I don't have these tapes personally, but someone was just telling me yesterday that they've had great success with the Winsor series. She said that it works those little muscles that aren't usually touched with most exercises and are really effective. I'm thinking about ordering these, too!

I have the entire series on VHS, but would love to get them on DVD. The ab workout really hurts - I can't do the entire workout! I also like the buns and thighs workout as you can really feel it.

I have a question about the pilates, I ordered the special they had on TV almost 2 weeks ago .. if you ordered then they took 1 payment off the price, I told them I only wanted what they were advertising, do you have to order special dvd's to get the AB or any AB work outs ? .... thanks Rhonda :7

The Advanced Body Slimming, Ab Sculpt and Buns & Thighs & Upper Body Sculpting aren't a part of the original package (what they advertise on the infomercial). They are part of an add on package. I really like them because they're only 20 minutes.

Collage Video sells these separately. They sell them in VHS or DVD for 14.95 each, or you can buy them as a set.

Thanks for all the responses!
I was checking Mari out at buy.com and saw that she has a book for pregnancy fitness as well! (if you're interested!)
they didn't have her tapes so I'll look elsewhere.
:D

I bought them a few weeks ago from Collage - $79.99 for seven workouts. I am VERY happy with my purchase. I do them after my Cathe workouts...I have only been doing them for a few weeks, but I'm definitely stronger (in the abs) and my legs seem a little more toned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.