Wii peoples...can you help me?

kims

Cathlete
I want to get a Wii and I'm a bit confused on a few things.

First, are Wii and Wii fit 2 separate consoles (or whatever they're called) or do I get Wii and then add the Wii Fit to a main console?

I want to play with the fitness stuff and I want the games for my gbabes.
Am I gonna have to buy 2 machines to do this?

TIA for any and all help :D

Wii is a console. You add WiiFit to the Wii. WiiFit is an accessory and game. Like buying Mario Kart (game) and the Wii Wheel (add-on for Wiimote).

I have a love hate relationship with my Wii. The games are fun. My kids love the Mario stuff. They help the kids move while playing. On the down side. It is really expensive. Games range from $29.99-$50 and extra accessories, . . remotes are expensive $50 for an extra nunchuck and remote control there are 4 in my family and it only comes with 1 controlelr . . not to mention the charger. I haven't bought the Wii fit console which if I remember correctly is an additional $80-$100 that you have to pay for seperate from the Wii itself. Overall look into paying close to $400 for everything. That wouldn't include games.

I bought it for Rock Band and Guitar Hero :cool: It's the only game system I've ever owned (not counting computer stuff). It can be frustrating and fun all at the same time. I really don't have a lot of games. A few sports ones (like the boxing ones) and the music stuff.

I've ordered the EA Sports one since that has gotten good reviews from most and you don't need to have the wii fit setup. I'm interested but a bit unsure on the wii fit as I usually am crunched for time and I want the oomph of a Cathe-type workout.

At least you can find the systems now. They were hard to find a year ago.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.