Why???

Janice,

That is exactly how my ex-husband was. I may appear to be cold in my posts to you but I went through years of living with addict before it dawned on me that I was a tool, no more no less. Yes, a sociopath is what they become.

One thing to remember, your brother is not only emotionally addicted...he is physiologically addicted to the heroin as well. So now you have someone who is emotionally and physiologically addicted to an extreme drug. He's not your brother anymore as long as he is addicted. I know that's hard to hear but it's true.

Good luck with the Intervention. Who knows, maybe something will come of it. The Intervention will be extremely painful for all who are involved. I wouldn't be surprised if people back out because of the pain. Your brother may not feel a thing...please keep that in mind.

Hi Janice,
I have no advice to offer but I do want to send hugs for you and prayers for both you and your brother. God bless.

<<How can you live a whole lifetime with an addict and NOT learn better.?? WHY did he have to get into that??>>

I think you've answered your own question here. Addictive behavior is hereditary. Alcoholism, Drug addiction, both are diseases that are passed from one generation to the next. Of course, not always, but the propensity is there.

I wish you the best in getting help for your brother. Sometimes however, they will not be helped until they decide THEMSELVES that they want to be helped. Your brother is in my prayers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.