Why I love LITE

MMarshall

Cathlete
I just completed the first week of the Lite rotation and I love this series. It reminds me of when I first became a home exerciser (1996) using The Firm, before discovering Cathe. I love that this series provides so many options. I also love that my joints are not impacted. Even though I can still do high impact exercises, I have to be honest and listen to my body. Any many times my body says no. Lite provides the muscular and cardiovascular challenge without the impact to my joints. I'm actually considering doing a full year of low impact workouts, rotating, Lite, Ice and the Low Impact Series. Lite has also been a perfect workout to get me started and motivated on these cold winter days when I don't feel like getting out of the bed. I just had to post my thoughts about this series and say thank you to Cathe. I don't know about any one else, but Cathe this is the perfect series for me. Thanks.

I just completed the first week of the Lite rotation and I love this series. It reminds me of when I first became a home exerciser (1996) using The Firm, before discovering Cathe. I love that this series provides so many options. I also love that my joints are not impacted. Even though I can still do high impact exercises, I have to be honest and listen to my body. Any many times my body says no. Lite provides the muscular and cardiovascular challenge without the impact to my joints. I'm actually considering doing a full year of low impact workouts, rotating, Lite, Ice and the Low Impact Series. Lite has also been a perfect workout to get me started and motivated on these cold winter days when I don't feel like getting out of the bed. I just had to post my thoughts about this series and say thank you to Cathe. I don't know about any one else, but Cathe this is the perfect series for me. Thanks.

Hi MMarshall!
So very happy to hear your feedback for the LITE series! I really loved creating this series and knowing it met all your needs makes me so happy! Thanks so much and see you next workout

I was thinking about doing the same thing!! I figured between Lite, Ice,and Low Impact Series, I could get get about 6 months in easy! I've been with Cathe since the 90's also, and I have done a lot of sports and have injured myself a lot. I've decided to quit being hardheaded and listen to body. I'm totally in love with the Lite Series!! Please keep these types of workouts coming! They are so perfect for so many different needs of people. Thank you Cathe and crew !!

I was thinking about doing the same thing!! I figured between Lite, Ice,and Low Impact Series, I could get get about 6 months in easy! I've been with Cathe since the 90's also, and I have done a lot of sports and have injured myself a lot. I've decided to quit being hardheaded and listen to body. I'm totally in love with the Lite Series!! Please keep these types of workouts coming! They are so perfect for so many different needs of people. Thank you Cathe and crew !!

I did a couple of rounds of Lite, a few weeks of Low Impact Series and now I'm a month of rotation. You can easily do 6 months just rotating those 3. I've been following the rotations that come with the guide and can easily see myself doing the full year of low impact/intermediate workouts, because Cathe offers so many options in the rotations that she created. It's month 4 and I'm nowhere near bored. Good luck with your low impact journey.

I used to love Low Max! Wow! You mentioning that, it definitely going to have to get pulled back out and dusted off. I will try the Low impact Circuit too. Thanks

Lol! My biggest problem is trying to decide on which one to do. They're all great!

i totally agree, which is why i decided to follow the rotations. I do better with a rotation. I'm going to be doing Strong and Sweaty next, using modifications, but I think that series is mostly low impact any way.

I ordered it just because of the beautiful colors and the lovely outdoor background. In winter, this will be a big incentive to get me out of bed and doing the workouts in the morning. I hope there will be more series with this type of outdoor background.

I also started with the Firm! I had been dong LITE and ICE and also some Strong & Sweaty and Fit Split to up the ante but I've had shingles for two weeks now and it's hit me hard! My rash is on my chest left hand side but all the nerve pain is in my left shoulder blade - having been lucky generally with my health I can honestly say I haven't felt so poorly for so long. Starting to come out the other side now but still not entirely there and the shoulder pain persists. I have been trying to do little stretches during the day and I had a go at an old Tracey Mallett DVD today which was ok until I got to side planks - shoulder pain was too much so I just sat those ones out. I'm looking forward to getting back to LITE when recovered - I think it will be a good way to ease back in.

I also started with the Firm! I had been dong LITE and ICE and also some Strong & Sweaty and Fit Split to up the ante but I've had shingles for two weeks now and it's hit me hard! My rash is on my chest left hand side but all the nerve pain is in my left shoulder blade - having been lucky generally with my health I can honestly say I haven't felt so poorly for so long. Starting to come out the other side now but still not entirely there and the shoulder pain persists. I have been trying to do little stretches during the day and I had a go at an old Tracey Mallett DVD today which was ok until I got to side planks - shoulder pain was too much so I just sat those ones out. I'm looking forward to getting back to LITE when recovered - I think it will be a good way to ease back in.

I hope that you will fully recover soon. It's difficult to get sidelined from doing the thing you love.

Try to do SOME exercise every day - even just the warm up and stretch from a favorite DVD. It will help ! Then ice it, ice it, ice it !!! It REALLY helps !
Shingles pain is temporarily halted with ice - use it often . I am sorry you have it, but this too shall pass. :) ( I just got my second Shingrix shot today. I had shingles 7 yeas ago and I never want THAT again ! ) I hope yours is better soon. Until then , ice it !

I am with all of you...low impact and trying not to hurt myself. I've been loving Ice, LITE, and the Low Impact High Intensity series. There are so many premixes and my back never hurts any more.

Beth

Started a new Lite rotation this morning and I'm wiped out this afternoon. I did the Pyramid Pump Total Body Upper Only Premix and feeling sore in my glutes and back. Looking forward to doing this rotation again.

I like the LITE Strength Training. Cathe’s weight she uses I actually use too! I am not very strong, but I find the LITE Strength Training is more realistic to my needs then her other Strength workouts. Cathe other Strength Wotkouts I go like 2 pounds or four pounds. But sometimes when she does shoulders I use her weight. If she is raising the weight straight, I am with her when she is 3 pounds and 5 pounds. But, if she is lifting the weights above the head, I can’t be at her heaviest. Also, squats, I squat like 15 pounds on my shoulders and she is like 25 to 30 pounds. Jen Drn

So sorry to hear that you have shingles. Hope you're feeling better. I had it 6 years ago, and it was very mild but it still sucked! (Mine was also on the left side of my chest, but under my arm. It hurt too much to wear a bra.) I agree that LITE will be a great way to ease back in. Sending you speedy recovery vibes!!

So sorry to hear that you have shingles. Hope you're feeling better. I had it 6 years ago, and it was very mild but it still sucked! (Mine was also on the left side of my chest, but under my arm. It hurt too much to wear a bra.) I agree that LITE will be a great way to ease back in. Sending you speedy recovery vibes!!
Sorry Pippi to hear you have the shingles! I hope you have a speedy recovery! You probably know this, but Cathe has stretching exercises dvds and yoga dvds. If you have Cathe Ondemand and use the Workout Blender you can make a Cathe Workout by piecing her warm ups from other workouts together. I find that Cathe warm ups are very effective if you need something easy and not to hard. Remember when you feel better it is better to get off the couch and if you can do 6 Cathe 5 minute warmups then that is better then sitting on the couch doing nothing. I find it helps my mood by doing something then doing nothing! Remember there is no Cathe police coming to your house saying we know you didn’t do the full workout and now you must go to prison! Getting off the couch is the best you can do! Only if it is for five minutes! I hope you feel better! Love Jen Den

Sorry Pippi to hear you have the shingles! I hope you have a speedy recovery! You probably know this, but Cathe has stretching exercises dvds and yoga dvds. If you have Cathe Ondemand and use the Workout Blender you can make a Cathe Workout by piecing her warm ups from other workouts together. I find that Cathe warm ups are very effective if you need something easy and not to hard. Remember when you feel better it is better to get off the couch and if you can do 6 Cathe 5 minute warmups then that is better then sitting on the couch doing nothing. I find it helps my mood by doing something then doing nothing! Remember there is no Cathe police coming to your house saying we know you didn’t do the full workout and now you must go to prison! Getting off the couch is the best you can do! Only if it is for five minutes! I hope you feel better! Love Jen Den

Thank you :) I'm in probably the 5th week of shingles and it is defintiely on its way out and I have been exercising daily. I am an Ondemand user but I have suspended it temporarily - simply because I use it to get at the more advanced workouts which I am frankly not up to at the moment. I own LITE as downloads and as an DVD junkie I have an embarrassingly vast library of other workouts . Been doing yoga, light cardio stuff, barre etc. In the worst phase of the illness when I was in bed a lot, I would get up occasionally and just do a couple of yoga poses or a quick stretch but as a dog owner, I've had to go for a walk every day anyway...

Yesterday I tried LITE Metabolic one and the Calorie Crush. The CC did challenge me towards the end - there are one legged burpees and I couldn't finish the set because I got this extreme wave of nausea which I think might have been to do with going from low down to high up too quickly. I have been getting a bit of that dizziness on standing thing pot-shingles - I think it's called postural hypotension? But I was ok, so I'll get back on the horse soon enough. I think later today might have a go at the Cardio Party as that is quite forgiving but enough to start getting my heart rate back up. Jury is out on whether or not I will add on the CC - Probably not today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.