Why Enter Actuals?

srockrae

Cathlete
I am just wondering if I am missing something. I am making minor adjustments to the 1rm on a few exercises after I finish my workouts so that the next time I do the workout I would know weight to use. I am not entering any actuals. I am just curious though what the benefit of entering actuals would be? Since the 1rm is used for selecting the weights in future workouts what informational benefit would entering actuals serve. I guess if there was some sort of report that would show a trend or something that may have some benefit? Just curious if I am missing something or if others are approaching this like I am?

Sam

It's just a way to chart your progress over time. It is nice sometime to be able to look back over the last year or so and see how you have improved. It can also help you to know what weights to use in the future or exercises that need to have their 1RM adjusted.

and where would you be entering this--- is this on the calendar? -- is so, i would like to know how to do this--i clicked on the icon and get this message-- already saved--- no drop down on the right-- no light arrow.

Yea, I guess you could look back, but entering actuals for all these exercises every single time seems to me to kinda circumvent the benefit and efficiency of having the 1rm. I would personally like to have a way print off or save online my current 1rms with a date then compare to those a year from now.

Sam

and where would you be entering this--- is this on the calendar? -- is so, i would like to know how to do this--i clicked on the icon and get this message-- already saved--- no drop down on the right-- no light arrow.

Just click on the date of the workout you want to enter your weights and reps for. Then on the sidebar for the workout you will see a small gray arrow that you need to click. Then after the details for the workout load click on the "Edit Workout" button. Your STS workout card will appear and you can enter your actual reps and weights into the columns. Make sure to click save when done.

Thanks, I am going to go and do that. There are few exercises that I did not do the 1RM test and I guess this would be the place to input the weight that I actually used.

Yea, I guess you could look back, but entering actuals for all these exercises every single time seems to me to kinda circumvent the benefit and efficiency of having the 1rm. I would personally like to have a way print off or save online my current 1rms with a date then compare to those a year from now.

Sam

Entering actuals and 1RM testing are really two different things. I'm sure we will eventually add a way for 1RM testing to keep a history and allow printing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.