Why does this happen?

L Sass

Cathlete
About 3 days before TTOM I am a ravenous, bottomless pit. I get so hungry and can eat and eat and eat and never feel full. And I mean high carb things like toast or popcorn - things that should fill me up. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone know why?

Lorrie

I've read that your metabolism goes up the few days before TTOM, so that is probably why you're so hungry. I really think it has a lot to do with hormones also - the shift in hormones makes you crave different foods. Same with pregnancy - I know that I found myself eating things that I normally never would and the foods that I usually loved were distasteful.

Erica

Every. Single. Month.

I have to use every ounce of mental strength to not eat from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed. And it's those three days, like you said. It's got to be the change in hormones messing with our brains. x( x( x(

You're not alone!

Kelly

Hi Lorrie,

I'm in the same boat w/you right now!! I woke up this morning at 3:30a.m. from a crazy dream (which also happens to me a couple of days before ttotm) and I went downstairs and heated up a pop tart and drank a root beer. (We won't talk about that I ate two poptarts yesterday) and I just ate pizza with pepperoni, sausage, and mushrooms. And I live in Chicago, so you know I had to have deep dish!LOL!!:9 I can't help myself, but any other time, I don't touch any of that stuff.

We women have it rough!:p

I hear you. For me unfortunately the Cadbury chocolate carmel eggs are already out for Easter. I'm not a chocolate fan - but ooohhhh that carmel - 2 of 'em this afternoon. UGH!!! But you're right - any other time I don't touch them. These 3 days kill me though. But I'll take being a woman any day. :) x(

Lorrie

Last week I had TWO 3,000 calorie days! Have mercy! :eek:

It's all from ttom. Bottomless pit.

It always freaks me out because I can't get full and fear I'll be growing monstrously huge, but then it passes. Until next month.

So yeah, same here.

Bella

I know that someone is going to pop in here & post a link that this factoid I am about to post is wrong, but I have to do it anyway. It makes me feel better and has for years...so nobody is allowed to go and ruin it for me...! :)

I read an article once that said your metabolism goes up during TTOM and as a result, you are more hungry. That said, you also burn more calories at that time. So, in the end, it usually nalances out. Yahoo!

I usually get ravenous the week prior but on the week of, I could care less if I see food.

I to have heard that your metobolisn spends up so if you over eat a bit..not to worry.
I usually get crabby about a week before and then the first couple days of the following week, I am starving! You are not alone!
Lori:)

You would be happy to know that last week before I started within two days I ate three boxes of girl scout cookes to myself. And a TON of pasta and even more chocolate. Feel better? :D

There is a scientific explanation, but seeing as I am pmsing right now, I don't care to look it up. I really just don't care. :p

Missy

Awww Lorrie, why did you have to bring up the Cadburry eggs??? I LOVE those things! Yesterday I had to maneuver past a bunch of Girlscouts outside my grocery store so they couldn't talk me into buying all the cookies they had!

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.