Who takes a multi?

Kimenem

Cathlete
If so, which one? I used to but stopped because you see so much saying we don't need one. Now I'm starting to wonder.

Also, has anyone has success with Armour thyroid?

Thanks and hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

I use centrum silver but only on days when Cathe's nutrition calculator says I didn't hit all my vit. That is probably 2 or 3 times a week. Joan

I take Every Woman's One Daily by New Chapter which is an organic whole-food based multi so it is more bio-available and easy to digest.

I had essentially stopped taking my multi until my doctor specifically said to take one. He said several studies have shown them to be beneficial in most cases in preventing several diseases. I'm sorry I don't remember which diseases or have the studies to link, etc., but next time you go to the doctor, perhaps you should ask?

I generally hear you should take a multi everyday, it's pretty difficult, especially if restricting calories to get in all the nutrients you need. I don't know the best kind, but I take the standard Centrum multi. It's the only one that does not make me feel nauseous after I take it.

Agreed...it is just too difficult to get everything you need each day from food alone...I cover my bases (with doc's blessing) with a multi-vitamin. They have been proven very safe and effective!

I take Nature Made vitamin. I take a Multi for Her with D3, a vitamin C, a super B, and a triple omega. I've thought about adding extra vitamin D but I'm not sure if I need it.

I do definetly feel better when I take my vitamins, more energy and tend to eat better, sleep better, make better overall choices. It could be all mental though. :D

I'm pretty haphazard about my multi (though I regularly take B12 and D), but one of my New Year's resolutions is to get back into taking them. I think they are good insurance, but do not substitute for a healthy whole-food diet. Also, studies have shown risks from taking vitamin A (retinol palmitate), isolated beta carotene or folate in supplement form (they should be obtained from food), so look for a multi-vitamin that doesn't contain them. Dr. Fuhrman's Gentle Care formula is a good one, and it's based on a lot of research.

Also, if you eat foods that are vitamin enriched (like cereals) watch that you aren't getting too much of certain vitamins (actually, I'd avoid vitamin-enriched cereals, as they contain mostly synthetic, isolated vitamins, and probably vitamin A, beta carotene and/or folate).

I used to take whatever was available at Costco but always had an extreme muscle fatigue spell of about 2 weeks each month. My chiro recommended Liquid Health Multi Vitamin. My symptoms were less severe after only taking them for two weeks. I have been taking them ever since and have not had a single fatigue incident since, not to mention that I have only had one cold since then and have been taking it for two years. (no flu shots either)

http://www.liquidhealthinc.com/prodInterior.php?prodID=41

I get it at Vitacost for about 26.- a bottle. It tastes great too!

The vitamins are natural rather than made synthetically, and because they are liquid, get absorbed easier. Lots of extras in it that is also healthy in addition to the vitamins themselves. I highly recommend it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.