Who is your favorite cooking show host?

I like Ellie Krieger and Sandra Lee.

Tnah, I just busted out laughing about your comment on Giada!! Before I could remember her name my son and I would refer to her as "lollipop" girl. Too funny!

Ellen! My SO is my fave chef too. I admit I haven't seen any of the ones anyone is talking about because I don't watch TV, but it's way better to watch in real life anyway.:)

I like Nigella. I have her "Forever Summer" cookbook. Most of the recipes are quite good, although she makes a blackberry trifle that calls for an insane amount of Limoncello. It was the first time I ever caught a buzz off of dessert. ;)

Anthony Bourdain is such a rogue, he cracks me up on No Reservations. He's the cook your mother warned you about - LOL!

"Ellen! My SO is my fave chef too. I admit I haven't seen any of the ones anyone is talking about because I don't watch TV, but it's way better to watch in real life anyway.

Shelley"

You guys are lucky. My husband does not know how to boil water.

I forgot about Alton Brown. I enjoy watching his shows too, but a lot of times if you want to prepare the meals he makes you have to visit a hardware store first. :) He's very creative tho.

I love how those chefs have their ingredients all cut up in cute little glass bowls. I do that too when I have time on Saturdays. My hubby just shakes his head.

Kathy

I love Ina! She is great...and she and her husband are so cute....her house isn't too shabby either!! I also love tyler florence. But I used to love when he would go to people's houses (food 911). I also loved sara molten.....anyone remember her? She was great!!!

I love Alton because he tells more about the food than just cooking it. I also enjoy Ellie because most of her recipes are lowfat.

Rachel Ray is okay - but I have to modify the recipe to make it healthy.

I love the guy from Take Home Chef too...Curtis Stone is his name. I love his accent and I've made a few of his dishes, very good! I also love "The F Word" on BBC with Gordon Ramsay. I love his irreverence. :)

I like a lot of different cooking shows, but I had a laugh the other day from Paula Dean.I was in labor in the hospital at the time watching food network to pass the time. She was cooking with some HOT peppers and she tasted a little bit and exclaimed how hot it was then goes on to say she will need to make sure to wash her hands because heaven forbid if she had some of that juice on her fingers when she picked her nose. I laughed so hard...so gross!

My favorite is Alton Brown. I like how he teaches us the science of "why" we are doing "what" we are doing. There is a female cook that I saw on a different channel, that I can't remember, that cooks very healthy dishes. She tell all the vitamins and nutrients of the foods she uses. I wish I could remember who she was.

<I absolutely despise Rachel Ray. Not just for her phoniness(sp), but watching her show is like a lesson cross-contamination. I kind of think of her as the Denise Austin of cooking show hosts.>

This made me laugh because although I do like Rachel I have to admit she is indeedy the Denise Austin of cooking shows although less annoying (that's not saying much. I would rather get a colonoscopy than watch Denise)

I can agree with the others who think their SO is the best chef. My SO is a fabulous cook....except I hate cleaning up the kitchen when he is done. Just imagine a F6+ tornado hitting the kitchen. Lucky for him he's cute.

My SO is a fabulous cook....except I hate cleaning up
>the kitchen when he is done. Just imagine a F6+ tornado
>hitting the kitchen. Lucky for him he's cute.

Beavs, have you been dating my DH?:p

Although I am never home anymore to watch tv- I'd say Martha Stewart all the way!

Giada DeLaurentis a close second - and I must admit I do like Rachel Ray.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.