who has tried P90x

Kathryn,

What are Home Depot Squares?

I start my first P90X rotation tomorrow - I was going to go with the lean rotation - but there doesn't appear to be any chest during the first three weeks, so I thought I start with the classic rotation.

Margie

hi margie - first of all i've got to say i LOVE your bulldog puppy photos!!! secondly, (i got mine at Sports Authority) instead of an entire mat, you can get thick squares that link together. i think mine are about 1/2" thick. (which is probably why it comes in squares instead of one whole sheet - to save space when you put it away). it only cost me $15. i have recurring runner's knee, so it's critical for me to have a lot of cushioning for any Plyo work. (there isn't much Plyo in the Lean program). i also wear my Nike Shox.

hi margie - first of all i've got to say i LOVE your bulldog puppy photos!!! secondly, (i got mine at Sports Authority) instead of an entire mat, you can get thick squares that link together. i think mine are about 1/2" thick. (which is probably why it comes in squares instead of one whole sheet - to save space when you put it away). it only cost me $15. i have recurring runner's knee, so it's critical for me to have a lot of cushioning for any Plyo work. (there isn't much Plyo in the Lean program). i also wear my Nike Shox.

Thanks for all the replies, I would even love to hear more. It sounds so enticing. I may have to splurge. I am actually someone who can do at least a few pullups, so that doesn't scare me. Actually, I am mostly enticed by the pull-ups because if I start a rotation like this, it will force me to do them.

OK, how about the ab ripper? Is it as hard as Cathe's recent abs, harder ? What do you think?

Thanks for all the replies, I would even love to hear more. It sounds so enticing. I may have to splurge. I am actually someone who can do at least a few pullups, so that doesn't scare me. Actually, I am mostly enticed by the pull-ups because if I start a rotation like this, it will force me to do them.

OK, how about the ab ripper? Is it as hard as Cathe's recent abs, harder ? What do you think?

I keep chanting to myself...12 workouts, $14 a piece....maybe cheaper if on sale, and deduct workout books...even at that 12 workouts $14 a piece...
Wonder if there will be a sale soon? :p You girls are pushing me too close to the edge...LOL

I keep chanting to myself...12 workouts, $14 a piece....maybe cheaper if on sale, and deduct workout books...even at that 12 workouts $14 a piece...
Wonder if there will be a sale soon? :p You girls are pushing me too close to the edge...LOL

lol, I think Wanda is starting to crack under the pressure :7 ... be strong Wanda, you can get past this without spending over 150.00 ..lol.. Rhonda :7

How would you compare ab ripper to the abs in ME, C&W, KPC or Pyramid UB. You get the picture. How are they in comparison to Cathe's tough abs, which I love. I wish she would come out with more soon. Also, is it just the ONE ab workout for the whole series or are there a few different ones. Sounds to me like it is just the one. If so, that is kind of a drag, $150 and just one ab workout.

Kristie

Rhonda, after calling around to all the sporting goods stores in my area that are open on Sunday, I found and bought my Power Tower for only $80. We went to pick it up and so save shipping.
I feel like the person in a Beatle song...Drive My Car..." I got no car and its breakin' my heart, but I found a driver and that's a start.." LOL
I bookmarked a page that has a 10% off coupon, it doesn't have an expiration date.... but I'm not sure how to use it.
So lets see, the workouts, the tower, a mat, blocks, cast for broken leg when I fall off the tower.... ca ching....LOL

>Kathryn,
>
>What are Home Depot Squares?
>

They are floor mats that come in 2'(I think) square segments that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. They're usually around $20 for 4, but I've seen them on sale (at Home Depot) for something like $12.99.

I'm starting the lean rotation tonite. I'm skeered and excited at the same time! LOL

But I have to agree w/Kathryn and her analysis of Tony..he's goofy, but fun, and especially appreciated if you have a Southpark addiction as I do.

My goal is to someday to an actual pullup w/NO chair, no assistance!
A dream.

Hi Ladies,

I'm so glad to here the pros and cons regarding this series. I order it today YEAH! and CAN'T wait to get them <g> Thank you.

Teddygirl~~

as for comparing ab workouts, i think Ab Ripper X is equally as difficult as cathe's, but the exercises are a little more unorthodox. the goal is to do 25 of each exercise, i have yet to master it. it is 15 minutes long and on the Lean program is scheduled twice a week. once on Shoulders and Arms day, and again on Legs and Back.

you only get one ab workout, unless you count Core Synergistics as an ab workout.

Well if I have the Power Tower anyway, may as well have the workouts outs as well. LOL Yea I ordered this morning... hahahah....If you guys can do chin ups and pull ups and all those plyos, and getting all those great veins (Hi Briee )I have to join you all.
I still love my Cathe though. Super Set premixes had my muscles flamin' today. :p

sunnyside - i have yet to make it all the way through yogaX!!! :p is that toward the end?

i can't do a whole pullup yet either. but when i did the fitness test, i could only do a quarter of one. now i can do about 5 half pullups. i was using a chair at first, but switched to Cathe's high step with two risers (i'm a shortie). then i use my bands to finish out with pulldowns. i'm really noticing definition in my trap/shoulder area. and it has to be from the pullups.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.