Who has reached their goal weight and/or fitness level...and is "done"?

Govtgirl

Cathlete
Is anyone just fine and dandy with where they are? You've done all the work, love your body, are about as fit as you're ever gonna be, and are just happy to maintain that?

I lost about 8 pounds a few months ago, I'm 130 now, and have been maintaining that since. I thought "well, I'm not where I was 10 years ago, but heck that's ok."

But I've been realizing, nope, not ok, I want to get back to 122 which is my "happy weight." I'm not going to kill myself over it, just be more careful with the calories, and make sure to do something exercise-wise every day, so in a few months I may get back there.

I'm just wondering, who out there has reached what they wanted, and what were the goals you set? I know it's good to constantly strive to be better, but at some point we have to say "this is it" and be happy with it. I'm just curious about other peoples' experiences...... :eek:

Do I love my body? Good question.

I love that I can squat 100+ pounds in MC3.

I hate the way my thighs look during downward facing dog.

I love that yesterday I did HIIT 30/30 and 4DS Bootcamp back to back and I thought it wasn't hard enough.

I hate that I have to color my hair every 6 weeks to hide the grays.

I love that I think Insanity isn't insane.

I hate that I have to wear reading glasses to chop onions.

I love that I can't wait for the next series that Cathe throws our way.

I hate that I am some times surprised by the woman who looks back at me in the mirror.

I love that when I go shopping with friends they won't let me drive because they know I will park in the farthest spot from the mall door. :D

I hate that I want to dress from the juniors department but something inside of me steers me away.

I love that people compliment me on my arm definition.

I hate that my elbows are starting to sag. :(

I love that people flip went they hear how old I am. (Thank you Dad for the good genes and thank Cathe for the inspiration).

I am 51 3/4 years old. I don't mind being this old. I don't feel this old. I just hate that time is speeding by.

I always wanted my body to be better. In my 30's and early 40's I worked out to LOOK "hot", but I never felt that I looked perfect. Fitness was just a by product of my exercise routine. Now I work out because I FEEL "hot" and I realize I look damned great. Who knew there actually was wisdom in aging?

Debbie Russo

So Well Put!!!!!

Debbie,
I loved your post. I'd have to agree. In my younger years ( I'm 47 now) I'd starve and exercise excessively and I was never quite happy with some part of my appearance. While I've always loved working out diet and exercise were almost like a second job to me. With age I've come to realize that I am strong and fit, I look good and I'm lucky to be healthy, so far. Do I wish I was 10 lbs thinner?, absolutely, am I willing to make myself miserable over it?no way. I just keep trying my best. This realization is probably the best thing that has come with age :)

Ha!!! But as you can see from my ticker, I haven't given up hope...........

Debbie,

Fabulous post! I could have written every word myself.

To answer the original question... I would have to say that I'm "done" as far as anything changing. I've never had to lose weight, therefore working out for weight control has never been my priority. I have always worked out 1) because I love it, and 2) I like being in great shape.

I guess at 53 I am finally admitting to myself that I look great for my age. I used to hate those three words being added on to a compliment, but now I embrace them. The alternative is not looking great for my age, and that is what I'm striving to avoid.

At this point, aging skin is my biggest enemy. The best I can do is work out as I love to do and enjoy the benefits, whatever they may be!

Great reply, Debbie...

And I agree with the saggy-elbow thing. I think it is the top issue that gives my age away!

Aimee

Debbie- thank you for takin the time to share all those thoughts :) You definetely brought a smile to my face on a snowy Tuesday morning! I am going to be 30 in a couple of months. I'm in great shape (thanks to determination and CATHE!) But my feeling is this- for most women, there are days we love the way we look and there are days when we are WAY too hard on ourselves. All we can hope for is a constant respect for everything we are!

I read a great quote somewhere once and I try to repeat it to myself every day -

"you are enough, you have enough, you do enough"

Debbie,
I love what you just post that make me smile:):)
I am in some way in the best shape I ever have, after 4 kids I think I'm wonderful,
37.. 5'4..130.. 4 girls.. what else can I want?!.. But, I want more, and more. Is an addiction, some days I'm happy with what I see and anothers not..:eek::eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.