Who has done Jari Love's...

I think it's very challenging but that JMO. I am a long time Catheite and the first time I did the video, I had the worst DOMS ever in my legs for about three days. But, Jari's personality is more serious than Cathe and her music is just a rehash of what we've heard on Cathe's videos.

Some people on this site use Netflix and rent the DVD before they buy.

I really like the workout itself and I always have DOMS but I must admit I have a really hard time do J Love workouts because of the personality difference. I guess if you eventually do videos to your own music w/ sound off it wouldnt be bad but I keep the video going good and loud so I feel more like I'm in a class environment.
Best to view clips first to see if the instructor style works for ya!

I found that Jari's workouts are good to mix with Cathe's. If you ever have gotten burnt out on only doing Cathe strength workouts for years and years. Jari is a good change in that she is advanced so you will get some benefit. Your time will not be wasted. However do still continue using Cathe for strength.

Jari's "Core" is compound exercises and "Slim & Lean" is like Power Hour. There are some reviews of these workouts in detail at Video Fitness. And you can view clips at Collage.

Hey I found Get Ripped at Ross for 5 bucks!!! I did it last night and it was well, interesting. Although I was tired my muscles didn't seem as tired as with Cathe. I do think she gave a lot of tips on form which was nice. I don't think I could just do the ripped and not at least one good, heavy Cathe workout each week.
I had a hard time sleeping afterward, I think it really did up my heart rate though. Any one had that experience? I may wait till a saturday and try it again. When the "ripped to the core" and "ripped slim and lean" come out on Deep Discout I will order those. I think they may be more advanced.
Or..maybe I will find them at Ross or Marshalls before then!
Love a deal.
Paula

As I understand it, "Get Ripped" and "Get Ripped to the Core" are different. Get Ripped to the Core is much more challenging.

I just did the workout last night for the first time. It did get my heart rate up at times and I felt the burn where I was supposed to while doing high reps(used only 5# & 8#). But the next day, no DOMS. It's definitely not as intense or make me drench from sweat as Cathe w/os. It also doesn't have that fun factor for me as when I'm doing a Cathe DVD. It's probably the music in Ripped to the Core because it did nothing to motivate me.

I'm going to give this workout a couple more tries to see if I decide to keep it. It is a different flavor from a Cathe w/o and I definitely feel my muscles burn in a different way.(Maybe its the high reps/compound exercises)

So, I don't know. I'm on the fence with this one.

>I just did the workout last night for the first time. It did
>get my heart rate up at times and I felt the burn where I was
>supposed to while doing high reps(used only 5# & 8#). But
>the next day, no DOMS.

DOMS isn't necessary to get results or have a good workout. In fact, my goal is to work out HARD, and NOT have DOMS, because it might be a sign that my body is getting the right kind of nutrients to repair efficiently.

>
>DOMS isn't necessary to get results or have a good workout. In
>fact, my goal is to work out HARD, and NOT have DOMS, because
>it might be a sign that my body is getting the right kind of
>nutrients to repair efficiently.
>
>

Yeah, I know you're right! But I have to change that old mind-set"NO pain, no gain".

Quote: "Are "ripped to the core" and "ripped slim & lean" similiar in content (not talking personalities here) to any of Cathe's workouts? Is it a different concept? Is it like a circuit workout or total body workout?
Just wondering if it is something to add to my collection or not."

I have tried all three: Get Ripped, Slim and Lean, and Ripped to the Core. Get Ripped was the easiest. Slim and Lean is high rep, lower weights, and Ripped to the Core is compound exercises. I was able to heavy up on Ripped and I had major DOMS in my shoulders, back and legs the next day. Ripped to the Core kept my heart rate up fairly high through most of the workout. I found it harder to go heavy with the weights on Slim and Lean because of the rep speed. Ripped to the Core has a much slower rep speed so you can really heavy up. The compound exercises are combined well. I love Cathe's workouts, but these are a nice change. Ripped to the Core is my favorite one of the three.

I tried the first one Get Ripped(??) and thought it was just OK. I would have rather had done Cathe's Power Hour instead. You only did like 2 exercises for each body part, I feel much more "worked" with CAthe. IMHO
Jen

I previewed Get Ripped and didn't care for it. However, I have heard that Slim and Lean and Ripped to the Core are much more difficult (apparently the workouts are designed as a progression) and more fun. I'm waiting for them to become available on Netflix before buying...

Marie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.