Who else feels like crud when they don't exercise???!!

fitgoddess

Cathlete
I just spent a torturous 10 days not exercising AT ALL, because I had overstressed my wrists and shoulders and knees and wanted to give them a real nice break.

Holy cow! I felt like complete and total crap the whole 10 days! I've never been sooooo tired! My sciatic nerve in my leg acted up, and I also felt plain weak! I guess I've been "ruined" by exercise! It's like when you cut back on sugar...all of a sudden, you can't eat more than 1-2 forkfuls of birthday cake because the frosting is just too darn sweet! ANd you see everyone else shoveling it in, and you are like "Gross!" Or like eating organic produce, and then being low on funds for a few weeks and having to buy regular produce again and it is just so revolting!

I did my 1st workout today, and could have kept going for 3 hours! I was like "Yes...yes....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ANyway, was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences when they have been forced to take one week or more off from exercising.

Oh YES~~~

I have been recovering from surgery and it has been 2 WEEKS!! I am going nuts - I am stressed, yet tired, have no appetite, and just feel like jello.

Glad to hear you had your first workout...I cannot wait until mine.

Jennifit: OMG! I felt like Jello too! What's that all about anyway, and why does that happen?

I also had no appetite! Again, what is that all about?

Yup!!! I'm on a 4 wk Dr enforced hiatus. I go back on the 23rd and hope I am released. Although I doubt "released" will mean "Run home and do KPC and follow it up with MM." I feel run down as all heck. Funny how expending all that energy working out actually gives you more in the long run. I'm stuck with doggie walking and upper body weights. I can do more push ups now than ever and my dog will be in tip-top shape!!

Nan

Heck...I WISH my appetite was gone!! When I can't work out I feel like I binge or something...but I feel lousy, weak and like a giant Christmas ham...can't fit my ever widening arse into my pants...whimper...

x(

I feel like crud, too...I think we all do, but if we leave off exercising enough, we get used ot the feeling and think it's 'normal' and are surprised how good and energized we feel when we get back in the habit.

I usually exercise in the mornings before work. If I have to re-arrange my schedule, I amuse people with how hyper I am! (or, I imagine, possibly annoy, too!)

"If I have to re-arrange my schedule, I amuse people with how hyper I am! (or, I imagine, possibly annoy, too!)"

No kidding! If like a last minute social event gets plannned, or an unexpected phone call starts to cut into my scheduled workout time, I panic! Like I seriously start to get in a wad!!!!!

I hear ya, too, but my problem is that if I can't get a workout in one day it leads to two and I get sooooo tired, yes like you said, that I've lost all ambition to exercise. This is where I am now and having trouble getting my 'act together' again.

Thanks for your post, I'll get a workout in today and KNOW that I will feel MUCh better soon.

Marcia.

ME!! I haven't worked out since Friday due to a massive case of hemmorhoids. Sorry if TMI. I feel like total crap, on top of being in pain. I'm sure it's my imagination, but I feel like my cheeks are puffy. I can't see myself back into a workout groove for a few more days. x(

Sally

Me too. I do most of my exercising on the weekends. I start off the week feeling great, and by Friday evening I have to call an ambulance to make it home. And I totally relate to your sugar comments. I tried eating a Reese's pb cup one day last year and thought it was gross. I used to love them when I was younger. Cake and cookies have no appeal to me anymore either. I keep trying to find ways to squeeze some exercise in during the week instead of doing 3-4 workouts on the weekends, and I'm still working on it.

It's become practically a medical necessity for me to exercise after being at work all day. Sitting in front of a computer ties me up in knots, and exercise helps to relieve the tension. If I don't do it, all sorts of unpleasantness starts to crop up - headaches, temper tantrums, etc.

RE: Who else feels like crud when they don't exercise??...

Oh my goodness... your post & this thread couldn't have come at a better time for me. I'm experiencing a forced & unplanned rest week right now & not only do I feel like total crap, I'm also eating everything in sight (or at least that's what I feel like I'm doing). I know I'm doing the right thing by taking this rest week because I have 3 minor (at least I hope they're minor) injuries & I also developed a sore throat yesterday but I also know I don't need to eat all the crap I'm eating. It's just like I've thrown up my hands & I guess I feel like since I can't work out, I might as well take a week off from all of it. Do any of you get like that too or is it just me? Anyway, not only do I feel like crud, I get really moody & almost depressed. But I know this will pass & I'll be back at it next week or the week after (depending on my injuries).

So glad you enjoyed your first workout after your forced hiatus, fitgoddess, & I'm looking forward to my first one too... whenever that will be. Thanks for listening to me whine for a bit & I hope anyone & everyone who has been forced to take some time off recovers & gets to do their workouts soon!

I have 4 kids one teen, one pre-teen, and 2 little ones. My house is constantly filled with MOM!!(yelling) and I notice when I cannot work out my frustration builds with the chaos of the business of the kids. I get a workout in and suddenly I feel more relaxed and can take a moment to give each one of them a piece of me they so desperately need daily! duck

Not physically--I usually feel pretty good physically during a rest week. It's the psychological thing that makes me feel like crud. Exercise is something I do for ME, and ONLY ME, & it makes me feel really good about myself. I miss that boost of self confidence when I'm on a break.

RE: Who else feels like crud when they don't exercise??...

Lauramax, I just wanted to say that you summed it up perfectly for me. Exercise is the only thing I do just for ME too & I miss it terribly when I'm forced to take a break. I agree that it's phychological & maybe that explains my poor eating habits right now too...

I just came off of 2 weeks of this because I had a cold that kicked my butt...I couldn't do my usual workouts but tried to keep my schedule workout times by doing walking or rebounding for 30-45 minutes. It wasn't until this Sunday that I did Imax2 except I did skip the last interval because I was drained. I'm back on my game now...yesterday was High Step Challenge and it was all good.

I started to feel like jello in my second week and was desperately missing my Cathe dvds.

Me! I get very anxious and cranky if I don't get my exercise in. Even on the days I have scheduled as a rest.

It's like my legs don't know what to do with themselves!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.