Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Aaaaand back to the madness. Tough love mode now. Feels better getting professional advice from CO crisis service hotline. Gave me the strength to execute the tough love needed. I hope one day she sees I did this all out of love. My brother even broke down crying today over events that transpired today. Thank goodness for MJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lisa, not engaging with sis in all things creepo related? I'm sorry for you guys.

Ronne, how are you enjoying new phone? I think I'd like to upgrade mine, give my current one to my mom maybe. I'm spending close to 200 a month for 3 phones and a hot spot, unlimited data- it seems excessive! There must be a way to hack the system...

Mary, are the kids back at school? My baby Gator stayed at Uni but did a lot of online shopping while she was working on her thesis. o_O

Tracy are you out there? I hope your holiday was nice and new job still going well and all things sewer related are behind you.

I did BM2 BC PM with mods. I'm off to get some dirt and will move some stuff around on patio and keep an eye out for mama squirrel. New computer system day was a little rough but should get better. It's a new multi million dollar program (6 mil I think?) for all our documentation, charges, orders etc. Mind boggling.

Jody, not giving one cent back to her. Don’t ask how I know but all the money she kept out of closing that I didn’t manage to get gifted to me is now gone to creepy. She can’t make dec rent. If I didn’t think it could get any worse, well......

Wow, Lisa, I guess you'll have to let her hit her bottom, that's a tough one, very painful to see her lose so much. It sounds like a pretty complicated disaster.
I had a crazy evening, at dusk, the Cardinal was at my feeder and I was outside and inadvertently scared him and he flew inside the house, madness ensued as the cat turned into a super predator. I wrangled cat into a bathroom and shut door and then adjusted lights to help bird figure out how to get outside. He was perched in the Harry Potter room for awhile, I'm so grateful he didn't end upstairs!

Hello everyone.

Oh Lisa, I’m so sorry, what an absolute nightmare. I’m so glad you are getting advice from people that know. I hope she sees the light and sees your love.

Jody, a bird in the house!!! Sometimes they get into our garage and just go berserk, I can’t imagine in the house, my brain did laugh at your tale though!

Ronne, doesn’t time just run by? I just don’t know where it goes!

Hi Tracey!

Time with kids was wonderful, again flew by! They and DH did a turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning, SO cold! We were with 9,000 other people so that helped. Have been working out, last full week of school for me, tons of paperwork. I will be glad to have some downtime. Talk to you later! Mary

Hi everyone

Just a quick flyby as I'm finishing early today. DH and I are having a night away!

Lisa - so sorry to hear that it's all so stressful.

Jody - love the bird story! I wouldn't want that in my house.

Mary - glad you had some nice family time.

Been keeping up with the workouts. That's all for now!

Jody, love the bird story! One time dad was driving with the windows down and when he got home he had feathers and blood on him! He remembered feeling something but didn't realize it was a bird that hit him!

Mary, it's been a cold fall so far, we have a good week of too cold for me to ride or walk (I'm wimping out more and more each year with cold weather but not enough to want to move to warmer climate!)

Ronne, what did you and DH do? DH and I have had a couple of nice dinners out. We don't do that too often but we've gone out twice this past week! Maybe I just need to feel a bit pampered.

I did walk Suki yesterday but I've totally fell off the workout wagon, my neck feels so much better when I only bike or walk.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lisa, what a crazy experience of your dad! Walking is good for the soul, I hope you can get some nice weather and enjoy a little more.
Yes, Ronne, inquiring minds wand to know about date night with hubs, ha ha!
Mary, will you be mostly off work til next semester? woo that would be awesome!
I did Tower TB w/ abs mixed in, skipping a lot of bits to be done in 35 min.
ETA Saturday
Mama squirrel was out with her 2 youngsters- one started crawling up my leg! I hope her survival skills improve! I might need a bell for kitty. Later on is Bohemian Rhapsody w/ DD and friend. Today's workout TBD.
ETA as soon as I posted, kitty had nabbed baby and brought her inside, dropped her when I yelled, thankfully. Again I locked up kitty, and mama and baby reunited. Clearly I'll have to keep the sliders closed and kitty off the patio for awhile.
Final edit BoRhap was amazeballs! Loved! Off to find more biopics~ also junior squirrel stayed grounded all day, I hope she's ok. :confused:

Last edited:
Sat workout turned out to be a short version of sns bc. Today was ICE BC. I felt a little out of balance/ungainly on the step- I don't want to pull a Mary and end up with bum foot. That was last year? I think junior squirrel OK, but they moved out of the big palm. I'll have to tend garden via doors closed.

Hello

Jody - loving the live nature reports from Florida! Glad you liked the film.

Lisa - I don't blame you for not wanting to ride in the cold. DD is getting some lifts to school at the moment in the cold weather cos she doesn't want to cycle.

DH and I just went to a country hotel about 75 mins drive away for an overnight stay. There was a small pool/sauna/steam room which was lovely and relaxing. Then in the morning we went for a walk in the grounds as there was a small arboretum there. The building was beautiful, it's used a lot for weddings. It was nice just to get away for 24 hours. It was also the first time we've left DD on her own overnight!
It feels like Christmas is looming and I'm running out of time. Did the baking at the weekend.
Also been keeping up with the workouts, yesterday did a KCM Weights premix and Sunday I did PHA in its entirety! I did a premix where you start with 2A then 1A and go all the way through like that. I found that more manageable. I also don't lift as heavy as Cathe in some of the LB sections.
Today is a CF premix with core.

Last edited:
Baby it's cold outside! Walked Suki sat and sun but too cold and icy for me now. Had a nice engagement party for younger DS Sunday followed by an authentic Japanese dinner with older DS who took us in his new tesla. (his solar company kicked in $ for the purchase). A nice afternoon and evening most welcoming after all the mess. Future DIL is a doll, even texting me words of comfort about this mess. I still cry over it all and try to jolt myself out of that knowing full well no crying is going on with sis over our relationship.

Jody, funny squirrel story. My previous dog actually caught one, brought it to the door all proud.

Ronne, sounds lovely! Hope you didn't feet over dd too much, but good to know she did fine. Mama bird letting her baby fly solo!

Mary, enjoy your downtime!

My hand is all cramped up again. Too much rotary cutting, iPad and texting. So limiting those, the texting and iPad are hard too limit. Another side effect from the mess! Texting with sibs and searching on iPad for information.

ETA Jody, you asked if was going to spin. The bike is a DS and I just don't have the energy, I barely have energy to walk Suki sometimes. This mess has affected every fiber of my being, I try to hit ignore but my caring nature isn't allowing that. Any wise words?

Last edited:
Hello! Today did a Cathe live.

Lisa, you take care of yourself. Enjoy your boys and their girls! A Tesla! Lucky boy! He’s worked hard for that!

Jody, so glad you had a nice time! I have not given a thought about Christmas yet! I did find some stuffed gnomes that make me happy, does that count??

Jody, are you getting busy at work yet? Snowbirds are going to be arriving!

Hi Tracey!

I have a few more mondays to work then I’m off until January! I’ll get to hang out with the kids! Have to run errands today, hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi everyone! First off patio update- Mom squirrel, Brave Junior, and Special Junior are still in the palm on the patio. Special Jr still needs to work on her survival skills, she just about got nabbed again. The veg are growing nicely! I spotted about 15 monarch caterpillars on the milkweed, woo! I made conscious decision to skip workout due to poor sleep. I didn't want to push through then blob out for the rest of the day which is what happened yesterday. I'm phone shopping; I'm thinking of the SG Note vs SG9.

Lisa, no wise words just keep taking care of yourself as you are able. I'm so happy you've got a lovely future DIL. Also, congrats on the car! They have a Tesla store in our mall! I haven't noticed price tags on the windows though.

Mary, work is OK. We are still doing a transition and learning a new system. I just put in my schedule through mid Feb, hard for me, I hate that much commitment!

Ronne, what a nice time! Was DD nervous at all? Speaking of an arboretum (warning: long convoluted thought process ahead) I was looking at VF and opened a thread about board games then started researching new ones and one I'm interested in is called https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/140934/arboretum I think I might be the most boring person ever, seed catalogs and all. Good job on the PHA!

PS I haven't seen the male cardinal since the other night. : (

Jody, I just got the Samsung note, I needed the bigger screen and the pen can come in handy. DS liked the pen but wanted a smaller screen since he puts in his pocket.
When we bought, 10 days ago, they were offering $200 credit if you turn in old phone, I think it was a Samsung deal though we are with AT&T
Walked Suki yesterday, bust today. I absolutely hate having to be somewhere at a certain time, I just like to free float thru my day!

Hello ladies! Today did an Yvette kettlebell workout and survived!

Jody, I hear you on the schedule, I just go mine through the middle of May, I was like, look my life has been planned for me! Lol

Lisa, did you have an appointment yesterday? I do get more accomplished when I have plans(though it annoys me). I piddle around when I can go at my leisure and nothing gets done.

Ronne, I am not quite yet to leave our youngest overnight alone yet, he gets nervous when he hears the house noises, makes me go upstairs and check on everything!

Had eye appointments yesterday for 3 of us, thank goodness for the health savings account! Goodness gracious, I will get the twins new glasses in January when the account fills back up! It’s better than being blind tho! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

I did OL version of RWH UB Circ. OL = old lady ha ha.
I found a dead squirrel at front door, I think it was Special Jr? I'm not sure what happened and I didn't have time to do an amateur post mortem. RIP little friend.
Then I spent most of the day addressing new phones. I did get the Note and passed my SG7 to my mom who switched carriers and brought her number to my plan, both girls got new I phones. I think I've mentioned this before, but I can distinctly remember my mom waiting til after 11 pm to call her sister when the rates went down. Now look at us!
Mary, glasses are the most $ ever! Though Jilly just had good luck going to Warby Parker online. Gator girl just about killer herself trying to find something she liked but also not a bajillion dollars, not easy. So good luck in Jan!
Lisa, is the weather keeping you from the outside? Your quilts are beautiful. I'm sorry that doing stuff you love sometimes brings you pain.
Ronne, are you up to any fun this weekend?
Off to work tomorrow, we are busy!

We did a bike ride today, I’m beat now! Feels good, hope that means we sleep like babies tonight!

Mary, we had our yearly appt with finance advisor. We set up with them authorization to contact kids should we start doing stupid stuff. Something like that would have helped if sis had it.

Jody, were phone twins! What color did you get, I got purple though it looks more lilac to me. Hand doing better, I think it was all the texting and pointer finger clicking. I really need to stretch all muscles everyday. Yes it’s the weather that mostly is keeping us from riding. I’m not braving as much cold as I used to. Plus I saw a news program explaining why it was colder, something about the sun not being as strong, goes in 10 yr cycles, next year expected to be worse. RIP to your buddy.

Here’s the article, I found it very interesting

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...m-is-near-as-record-cold-hits-us/73-622218608

Last edited:
Lisa, interesting! Did you sleep well? I am getting bogged down in phone accessory choices.
Mary, schedule through May? I guess that is more like what most people deal with, especially teachers.
Ronne, any more shopping done? Geesh it's the 9th already!
Quick run through on PHA just 1A and 2A. (also wonders about how the different order made PHA better for Ronne?). Then I spent a little time on garden and ate a big salad from there. I think Special is OK and it was a different squirrel friend who passed. I'm tired and don't feel like doing anything much else today. I'm working the next 3 days, have a good week, y'all.

A second day of riding, it was a little cooler and I could tell, both days wasn’t even 50, more like 45.

Jody, all I get is a screen protector and a case. I did sleep good! I ate more too, that must be why I don’t lose weight!

Lisa, the guy at sprint upsold me to some liquid screen protector which he applied on site. For now, I'm carrying my Note around in a sock, albeit a special sock; a crew sock, one acquired for London. ( a London crew ) I'm very elegant!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.