Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Hello

Mary - yes, that's the film. It's actually very subtle and layered. Kept me thinking afterwards, which is always a good sign for me. I mowed the grass last night as well. And finally planted those bulbs.

Hard Strikes premix with core today. I'm enjoying the October rotation - it's really varied and there are plenty of premix options if they're too long. The sun is shining here and it's a lovely early autumn day.

Happy Autumn! We are in for some autumn weather for a while. We didn’t have puppy sitting yesterday but had to go pick up bikes so we cycled up to Boulder to the IBM site and reminisced, beautiful trails that’s been made over that way. But oh the wind! Hot and windy blowing in change and today, boom, 20 degrees lower and still windy so skipping cycling and doing the dreaded grocery max and then hoping to do the fun quilting max. Whoops as I type this DH just got back from walking suki and said it’s good weather now for a short ride, gotta get them in because they are predicting rain/snow for the weekend into next week.

Our bikes are a mess, on the way to the trail we had to drive over dirt roads into what turned into mud! Told you DS lives in a more rural area!

Mary, just spot clean it, that little dog couldn’t have that much throw up! But that’s how it always goes, isn’t it?

Ronne, the few bulbs I’ve planted keep blooming year after year, but they don’t grow any bigger or reproduce, hope they provide a pretty spot of color next spring! What did you plant?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all~ I've had a chance to scroll back a bit and say hi to Tracy. Yes I've been to Al Anon quite a bit and used to date an AA NA guy so I've picked up and appreciated many of the tools and philosophies. I'm more new age Hay House spiritual now, but I find it all sort of dove tails together anyway. I think it just depends on what flavor of spirituality you enjoy?

Ronne, awesome on the Cathe rotation so far. It sounds like a nice fit. woo hoo!

Lisa, I'm glad you have so many bike trails to chose from. I just heard FL is one of the most dangerous states for cyclists (among highest fatalities/injuries). I have to go through some dicey intersections to get to clear riding.

Mary, a weighted blanket doesn't sound appealing to me at all probably cuz my home is fairly warm, but I hope it helps you sleep. Ha ha, with your clean fetish I can imagine you'd feel unable to sleep with a little dog glob. I'd probably swipe it and rotate the spot toward the feet, ha ha. Don't get jelly, I'm going to clean the wire shelving from the bathroom- take it outside and give it a thorough going over. I googled it and closet maid says to use goo gone. Oh yeah....

Hi all, we took a turn to cold weather, turned heat on this morning! The airport where official records are kept got a half an inch of snow Saturday night. We did a windy ride Friday, nothing yesterday (unless walking up and down the stairs to the basement hauling quilt, batting, etc counts. Today I tried Step Moves, omg, I thought 1 riser wouldn’t be too much since I’m not jumping or doing big arm movements. I quickly had to go to no risers, my lower back hurts and is tight and I had a hard time keeping up even with modifications, hey, but I did it! It wasn’t pretty! I added a lot of stretching even though I’ve been stretching every day I’m still tight. It’s good for this weather break as I feel my body needs a break, even though last 2 weeks has been more flatter rides given where DS lives.

Jody, I think I understand your scrunched neck feeling. I felt it too. My best guess is partly tension and raising of shoulders even though you don’t think you are and for me trying to keep my head in a good alignment as I’m moving through space. Does that make sense? I think that’s why cycling is working for me since your upper body should stay still (I still get shoulders raising from time to time, especially up a big hill). We have a few dicey intersections to get through to get to some bike paths. It’s funny, different cities the people drive so differently. In my town they’re not the greatest at stopping but over toward Boulder they bend over backwards to stop for cyclists. The flatter terrain really works my muscles more it seems, hence why I’m so sore?, the hills really work the cardio.

Mary, oh my house has been so neglected, I’m seeing cob webs! I forgot what a clean freak you were until Jody mentioned it, would you come clean my house?

Ronne, will it be a busy work week? I signed up for an annual membership on Bluprint (used to be Craftsy), they have some yoga and dance classes, maybe I’ll try those this week while puppy sitting....or maybe Not.....for this week I’ll take it easy, I deserve it!

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! I caught a wicked cold, I have been doing walking workouts, just to keep moving.

Lisa, I saw you got snow this weekend! We are supposed to be 86 today, I want some cooler weather!

Jody, hope you had fun with the hose! I would most likely just flip the blanket, DH gets all worked up, I just laugh! I was more annoyed because it was brand stinking new! She couldn’t wait a day or 2?..

Ronne, what fun did you get up to?

Not much here, and that’s good! Have a good day! Mary

OMG I did a workout- a few rounds of push ups, dips and pull ups on my tower followed by a tabata timed run/walk. Bath is turning out nicely. I'm so happy with my contractor. It still needs vanity top and a few things but that is a different guy. I had a lovely day yesterday, did nothing but enjoy having no one around and fiddle farting around the house and patio. I hope my lettuce seeds become plants! Oh and DD and I got passes again for Disney with intention of going in Feb when my cousin comes down again.

Mary the wire racks cleaned up very easily, yea! Maybe the dog wanted to do her part and Christen the blanket? Why is it that they can't do that stuff on tile floor instead- sorta like babies spitting up on new outfit. I'm sorry about the viral cold in the weird Ohio heat! Feel better soon! Good job w/ keeping up w/ workouts.

Lisa, did you enjoy doing the Step at least? I'm still using my workout room as staging area for the bathroom stuff plus the guys get here early enough that I'm not ready to do a Cathe thing before they arrive. I snuck my push ups etc in while they were out to Home Depot.

Ronne, how was your weekend? Still liking the rotation? HS isn't one of my faves. Oh I did notice that my knee was OK after the bike ride. We'll see how it does after today's jog. Maybe my knee issues are from LB stuff like dead lifts or something? I hope all is well. My background TV yesterday was all British- walks, tours and Churchill.

Hi fit babes! You all are very active here as usual! I don't have a lot of time to write so I hope I remember everything I read--hahaha! I crack myself up.

Hi Jody! I'm so happy for you that your bathroom is turning out nicely. I can't wait to see pics! Congrats on growing your own food too, it always tastes better than buying it. It's been quite awhile since I've been to an Al-Anon meeting but it really helped me when I needed it. Still does actually. It was through that program that I stopped worrying about things I have no control over. What freedom! Yes, my job is still going well, 2 months have flown by already!

Hi Lisa! Olive is adorable!! I showed DH too. Puppies can be hard, huh? We are still waiting for little Riley to mellow out! We have a while to go on that. But he is such a love. I am really sorry about your sister. That guy has some kind of hold on her and I do hope she sees that her family only has her best interests at heart. I am also sorry about your friends. True friends will stick with you and those are the best kind to have in your life. I don't put much effort into friendships that aren't reciprocal, it's too much work. Have you tried any other step workouts? I don't do them every much because I only have the mini step at work, not the long step. I miss them, but not enough to drag the thing out at home! Maybe in the winter when things are a little quiet.

Hi Mary! Is your dog named Boo? I call both of my dogs that which probably confuses the heck out of them. But neither one has said anything about it. :) I hope you are cooling down, your temps remind me of when I lived in CA and I didn't like it then! DH wanted to have some friends over for a party so I cleaned my house more than usual! Pulled everything out of the china hutch even! Cleaned everything in it and the hutch too, among other things! Feels great but I'm done with house max!

Hi Ronne! I think I'm still on the August rotation! I will check out October's. Is work keeping you really busy? I realized that I can stay at my desk all day at work because there is so much to do. I have to force myself to get out and about!

Hi Murphy! I hope you can stop by soon!

I am working out, usually a Cathe rotation as I can. DH and I still switch off days to see the dogs at lunch time so I never really know how my workout week is going to go. I look forward to that getting easier as Riley gets older. I also realized that I get bored every January on workouts. So I ordered some KCM workouts and plan to do those along with Tracie Long workouts to shake things up after the holidays. I'm looking forward to it! Gotta go--Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is about to start.

Have a great rest of your week sweet ones!

Hi everyone

Tracey - good to see you. Glad to hear work is going well and you're fitting in the workouts around dogs and work. Hope you enjoy your new DVDs. Did you preorder Cathe's new series?

Jody - Well done on the workouts especially with the bathroom blokes around. Having work done on the house always cramps my workout style! Glad it's going smoothly and you like what you're seeing. ~Take care with that knee. Are you all recovered from your cold now?

Mary - poor you, hope you're feeling better now. Those temps sound pretty warm. We're having really nice autumn sunshine here, just right.

Lisa - wow, a blast from the past with the step. Hope you've recovered. I don't know that website. I'm sure you'll be too busy with the pup to do anything! I planted miniature daffodils, about four different varieties. We'll see what happens.

Work still pretty busy but had a nice weekend. Had a family weekend away with DH's eldest and partners/kids. Didn't do a lot but it was nice just all being together.
I'm keeping up with the rotation. It was ICE CUB today, I didn't think I like that one but it was fine. HS isn't one of my faves either but I don't mind it now and again in a rotation. I very rarely do the weights at the end though.

20181010_075237.jpg
Did an Yvette yesterday and maybe today. Flu thing gone and knees are creaky and poppy but ok. Counter installation this morning but need different mirror than planned. The cardinals and jays are showing up regularly!

Hello! Today did walking workout, still congested and coughing, so annoying, I irritate myself!

Jody, they are really working fast! Will they do painting also? I do like Yvette, she is a beast! I’m not as fast or coordinated as her, I do feel worked out when I’m done. Are you anywhere near the storm? Be safe.

Tracey, hello! We have missed you! So glad to hear you are loving your new position. Still hot here, I think tomorrow it will finally break.

Ronne, what a nice family weekend. Is your DH still enjoying retirement?

Lisa, my step is 6 inches, 4 would be plenty for me. I have the old Reebok step, I think it goes up to 10, I’m always to lazy to make it higher even for step ups, don’t tell I stay on the 6!

Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi fit babes! I have the day off because a friend is coming to town and is a little delayed. But my building is closed at work anyway--sewer leakage--ew! Don't know if it will be open tomorrow either! What a mess. Our mail is being forwarded to another building nearby and our phones have been transferred to our Seattle office. My phone blew up this morning while I was lazily sleeping in! Everyone forgot I have the day off but I dealt with stuff anyway.

Anyhoo, yes Ronne, I have ordered Cathe's new series. I might incorporate it with what I plan to do depending on when it arrives. They've just started filming. I was going to do a workout this morning but then realized there's no way the puppy wouldn't want to join me! I took both doggies out last night for a long jaunt so that will have to suffice. That's nice you had a good family gathering. It's a blessing when everyone gets along! I seem to do HS a lot, the cardio isn't crazy and neither are the weights!

Hi Jody! Glad you are feeling better and your bathroom is coming along. My knees have always cracked. I wonder what that means. Are you being affected by the hurricane at all? It looks wicked!!

Hi Mary! I watched Yvette for about 2 seconds a while ago and said, uh, no. She was scary! That's sweet you missed me! I think about you all a lot when I'm not here and really appreciate your friendships! Have you cooled down now? My friend in town is from CA and she said it was instant winter when she got to Seattle. I cracked up, our temps are about 60 during the day and it was raining when she arrived. That's fall here. But it's beautiful and sunny today!

Have a great rest of your week fit babes!

Hello

Two visits from Tracey in two days, we're honoured!! :D Hope you enjoyed your day off despite being woken up. Enjoy the time off while you've got it.

Mary - I like the couple of Yvettes I've tried but they're generally too long for me. Hope you enjoy the weather more when it breaks. It's warmed up here again. We had the heating on on Monday and then we turned it off again.

Jody - love the bird photo!

Keeping up with the rotation, bit easier this week with ICE workouts. Today was ICE CLB and yesterday was AOLIH. New series photos look good.

Wow, lots of activity here! Wish I could say same about me! Been cold, gray, drizzly, Tracy, take your Seattle weather back! It’ll warm up a bit in the next 36 hr so hoping to get a couple of rides in. Puppy sitting is a bit exhausting, mainly just because the routine feels more like a work routine. She’s in the crate most of the time, there are strict rules we have to follow as they are intent to train her right especially since she’ll be a big dog. Their other dog is huge and trained well too. I’ve done absolutely nothing since that step workout. My right QL has been hurting and I finally found the cause! It’s how I have the foot pedal of the sewing machine at DS and all the movement of my right foot with what I’m sewing, sew a 2 inch seam, move foot to cut thread, repeat 48 times per quilt block and multiply by 20 blocks! Whew, done with that part! So Jody, maybe the knee thing is, gasp, age? I’m really feeling aches and pains from simple things! Sis actually contacted me on if I DS wanted some beer glasses my parents got when they were stationed in Germany, went and picked them up, gave her a hug, she teared up a bit, the relationship is forever tarnished as I’m on guard. She did accept offer on her house, I don’t know how she’ll manage to move by herself since she has no money to move to pay movers. If she would just stop oil guy convos my brother would pay for movers. And she has to actually ask me for what help she wants, she’s probably feeling too proud still. Ok, now let me refresh memory on what everyone said and do personals in another post.

Jody, that bird pic was beautiful! With all the greenery and the spot of the red bird in the gray bike. Kinda makes me miss all the kush greenery until I remember all the humidity!

Tracy, you are very kind working on your day off, is your new job that good that you don’t mind doing it? Those are the best jobs. My dh boss is also gone from the company now, it’s pretty apparent that the new head VP was cutting expensive people, dh would not have lasted more than maybe a couple months more even if he did the cartwheels they wanted him to (bailing out troubled accts, then treating him like dirt and benching him until next fiasco before the VP could get his cheaper people in there.

Ronne, I forgot your dh retired, is he liking it? My dh doesn’t seem to do much but he’s enjoying the slower pace.

Mary,no crazy workouts here. The step workout had me feeling muscles I hadn’t felt in a while (and not in a good way), I think that what started my QL hurting. I’ll have to ask my massage lady, she comes Wednesday! I do notice my neck is much happier not lifting weights (I miss it) and not pushing a big quilt through the sewing machine, really loving my new frame and longarm machine. It’s nice not hurting all the time, and as always with a little help from my mj, in fact it’s time to make more edibles, gotta go buy from my dealer, lol!

Mary are you feeling better yet? We've had a lot of flu at work and RSV in adults, too. They've got a whole policy where they want you to get tested for flu if you have symptoms and then check in with employee health before returning to work if you were positive. Ha, I bypassed all that, I prefer to fly under the radar anyway. The one day I was at work while sick I wore a mask and had a student who did the work while I stayed outside rooms and charted- not how I usually roll!

Tracy, how's the sewer system at work? Have you had visit with your friend and did you do anything fun? I was discussing having dogs w/ a patient yesterday, I LOVED my Corgi's but don't miss the responsibility. Your fur babies are lucky to have your family.

Ronne, re Yvette, I find them long as well and it's not like there is a DVD cover I can read about chapters, etc so picking one to do is difficult. But it seems like she does at least 10 min w/u so I FF through half of that and then just quit after about 35 min and it has worked out OK as long as I don't have very specific goals for the day. I like the music, though!

Lisa how long will the dog sitting continue? It does sound like a chore! Sorry about your cold weather, blech! I do wish I could get my mom hooked up w/ some mj as well. Re knees hips shoulders and aging, at least they make replacement parts, right? Best of luck to ongoing drama w/ your sister.

I hope to work out today and also do some more planting of my seedlings, I'll let you know how it goes. I just did 4 shifts in a row and I declined working this morning for reasons. Contractor may be here today as well. TTYL! OH want to add, I'm really excited about the new Cathe workouts and also considering switching to streaming at some point.

Last edited:
We cycled Saturday before the snow on Sunday, the wind was a bit chilly but the sun was out so welcoming after the gray drizzly weather. I’ve made progress in quilting a wall hanging for DIL, I’ll post pics. So cold here again, wed is massage, my neck is so stiff I really need it, so not planning any workout.
Jody, puppy sitting hrs got reduced to 4.5 hrs so getting better as they train her. You sound like you have a lot of irons in the fire. I made my my edibles yesterday, enough for me and my bff , about 4 mths worth. I felt like Suzy homemaker yesterday quilting, making edibles and cooking soup, my bff said it sounded more like happy hippie! Lol

4b10145c77c6e91fbe35d52a8b03e325.jpg

Hello

Wow Lisa, they're amazing! You're quite the creative. Glad the puppy sitting duties are becoming less onerous. Don't like the sound of that weather. Snow! DH isn't actually retired, he is still working but for himself (we need the income!). But he does have more free time than he used to and he's enjoying the flexibility. He's not ready to be at home full time yet though.

Jody - Yes, that's my problem with online workouts. I'm so spoilt by Cathe and the premixes, the workout breakdown, equipment lists etc. I know that I skip a couple of exercises I'll still get a good workout, or I can jump through chapters. Streaming just isn't as good yet.

Been keeping up with the rotation. GSCT yesterday and CSS today. I thought my DOMS would be terrible today but they're not too bad.
They're digging up the road outside the house for gas works. The noise is awful even with the window shut. I've got to try and find some work to do away from the computer.

Ronne, did the DOMS creep up on you next day instead? That happens to me sometimes. Lisa, beautiful work!! Tracy, I meant to say I love John Oliver as well! Mary, how ya feeling? I just did patio gardening and errands on my previous days off. I realize now that gardening is just an excuse to putter around outside. I'm not sure what I'll get up to today. If I do a legitimate workout I will let you know. : )

ETA Bike stolen from my patio. I went to find head band while doing Yvette, its usually hanging on bike inside but bike out for bathroom materials remodel and bird perching, then saw it is gone, w/in the past two days. Creepers on my patio suck and missing $400 bike. LOL they didn't take the mini tramp.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.