Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Hello everyone! Have been doing Cathe and Yvette.

Jody, that’s because we know enough to scare ourselves and not enough to calm ourselves down. I always go to the worst case scenario also! Yes, I’m am teaching nursing, EMT and paramedic, it mixes things up so I don’t get bored. Just wish I could remember everyone’s names,

Lisa, glad to hear sister is ok. You are ALWAYS going to be the baby!

Ronne, have fun! I have to google that place!

Hello to everyone else who pops in!
DS is here until Saturday then he’s back to Boston, so I might not be around too much. Have a good week! Mary

I took 3 days off then today a 25 mile bike ride, 1200 ft elevation gain, really had to push myself to get it done.
Ronne, my cardio is certainly better than ever. My legs feel like they need a break, maybe this winter I'll do Cathe cardio vs spinning. Work is a 4 letter word! Jody, my knee is hurting too, not puffing up though, I need to remember to stretch hamstrings even on rest days or this happens. Not sure what is causing your issues. I will say 54 feels worse than 53! Mary, enjoy DS, in about 3 weeks I'll have to go to DS house M-F, he's getting a new puppy and asked us to help take it out while he works. I'm trying to figure out how to set up a my temporary residence there! Leaving old bikes there for DH and I to ride vs hauling them every day, bring one of my sewing machines there and doing piecing of quilts, etc. How could I say no to him, I know it's hard, I guess this is retirement furry style.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Lisa lol at furry retirement. How are they going to cope after you are gone? If you do cathe cardio this winter be careful of step and your neck. Yes Mary enjoy your son. You are quite amazing to be able to practice as well as teach all those areas! I'm super impressed!! Ronne have a blast this week! I had to do a quick google of location as well, ha ha.
I just stopped in since I'll be at work for next few days. No workout, just mom MOHS surg on her leg needed 4 stitches, meeting w/ retire financial guys to exchange into IRA roll over stuff and still not settled on bathroom materials and stuff. It is a Small bath and we chose long plank tiles. Contractor seemed to think it was too big?? I DON"T KNOW. We liked it! UGH. current tiles are small broken white squares...maybe we were over compensating. Oh and carpeted toe kick under cabinet. We need an update for sure. :rolleyes:

So sad. Sis not ok, financially invested in this guy scheme because she believes him but now he needs more money she asked me for it, um no, the only reason she stopped by. Says her life savings is gone if she can't get another 93k for him. She threatened suicide and stormed out. I'm an emotional mess but not going down this rabbit hole with her. I'm just speechless but need to take care of myself, BP super high from this, hope I can sleep tonight. I'll either find out someday she's destitute or dead. [emoji174]

Hi all

Lisa - that's so awful about your sister. She's been completely swizzed and is obviously horribly desperate. Some part of her must know what has happened and that's why she's asking for more, she can't bear to admit how badly she's been scammed. But it's not your fault or your responsibility especially as you've already tried to help her. Hope you can get some peace. Hanging out at DS' house sounds like a great idea.

Jody - all that boring admin stuff, it just gets so tedious. Aren't you bored with all the choices we all have to make? I need to renew our insurance and I just can't be bothered to go hunting around again.

Mary - that's super impressive teaching all those different disciplines. I'm so completely unscience-y; I'm always impressed by that kind of knowledge. Have fun with DS.

I've done eight straight days of exercise to get back on the wagon. Feeling a bit fitter now, so about to go and lose it all again by sitting around in the sun, doing very little and drinking beer. Looking forward to the rest!

Quickie to send hugs and prayers to Lisa, that is so sad and I'm sure you feel helpless. My mom's friend, a senior, lost 35K last year to a scam, not a man scam, but computer thing, I think like my mom gets into. Sad and horrifying. Al Anon saying applies, you didn't cause it and you can't cure it. There might be another component to that saying but I can't remember it, lol.
ETA Can't control it!
Ronne, beer and sunshine sound like a great plan! Great job on buffing up prior to holiday, enjoy~~
I was released early today from work but didn't come home and lift weights or anything, oh well. I'm going to get some wine or Ronne inspired beer and finish my overdue library book Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows which is also a London inspired read. I guess I could make tea??? Nah

Last edited:
Thanks Jody for the hugs and prayers we can use all we get! As far as exercise, we'll fretting, crying, etc. Really seems to burn the calories, I have never had this kind of calorie burn NOT doing exercise! I'm sure it worse for my overall health. My other siblings and I have a plan, been on conference calls with them and the police last couple of days. First is to get her talking to someone (brother has call set up with her Sunday) , and get her to see that it is a scam then comes the clean up of this mess. As I'm always looking for the positives, it's brought us closer as siblings and Mom would be proud that my siblings fled to my side to help me help my sis. A semi promise I made to my mom is that I would be there for this sister because mom knew she wouldn't be able to. Now my other siblings know of this promise, acknowledges the burden I've been carrying and together we will continue with moms wishes and be there for my sis.

Lisa, yes, cortisol/stress is terrible for you so make sure you take care of yourself in this time, those bike rides should help if you keep them easy breezy. I was going to ask about getting law enforcement involved so I'm glad that you guys already tapped into that. Happy to hear you guys are all pulling together.
BBL with a workout to report.
ETA heavily modified 30 min version of DM done

Last edited:
BM2- 30 minute portion done, mostly legs and cardo, I might do upper body portion of it tomorrow. Mary, I hope you had a nice week w/ your son. DD is back at school completed her second week. Lisa I hope you are doing OK at your son's house this week! Ronne, I hope you are having fabulous weather! Waves to everyone else. I'm off to mom's tomorrow to investigate the latest- she owes the IRS 27K???

Hi fit babes! I have missed you! I gotta get on tapatalk or something. But I'm usually on the couch in front of the tv when I'm on my iPad and I can really only focus on one or the other. Such a dilemma!

I've read all of your posts and am caught up!

Ronne, I am surprised you don't have humidity where you live since you get so much rain. We get some, but not like Florida or Ohio. :) This summer was really hot for us too and we are down 5 inches of rain from normal. We've been watering the yard since the end of June and we don't usually need to do that. We also had a lot of smoke drift over us (soot on the cars in the a.m. sometimes) from fires for weeks. All in all, not a great summer weather-wise! Yesterday, we woke up to blue skies and the temp was 72 for the high. That is what I consider the perfect NW summer day. So...as for the garden, I've enjoyed it from my window a lot!

Are you on your vacation now? I know how they can come at a not so great time when home life is super busy! I've had this week off which was planned months ago and it wasn't great timing to head out of town to Victoria BC but we did it! We got lucky with beautiful weather there. As usual, we did as much as we could there and then needed a rest when we got back home.

I like the way you earn your rest time--workout first! I haven't done any dvd workouts this week at all and don't really care! :oops:

Hi Lisa! Been thinking about you and your family since your wrote of what your sister is doing. I'm so glad you told your siblings everything so you don't have to carry the entire burden by yourself. I hope things went well for you and your sister yesterday! I also agree with what Ronne said earlier about you saying no and how your sister reacted. My sister and I can be up and down at times, and I don't always know when she may blow up at me. We didn't speak for a year after she asked me for money (not anywhere close to 93k!) and I said no.

I was just as disappointed as you were about that stupid retirement phone call you got way back in July. Grr! But I was really glad to read that your insurance company came through for your hail damage, you deserved some good news!

I laughed about the coyote being on the wrong trail, I take it you just ride past them as quickly as you can? I hope the T-storms have stopped now. You can always move here, we don't get them but maybe once a year, if that. You'll just have to adjust to hilly, soggy bike rides! In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying your furry retirement with DS's puppy! What kind did he get?

Mary, I am so happy you had a great time in Europe! DH and I want to get to Italy in a big way. France too, and I promise not to be irritable there. Yay!! You got to see Hamilton! And got a photo! If I got a photo, it would be comical because I am 4'11"!

I thought it was interesting what you wrote about family dynamics, is it the same with a single sibling? The relationship I've had with my sister has changed over the years and it doesn't seem to matter that I am older. In fact, we couldn't be more different if we were adopted from different parents. We don't even look alike.

Congratulations that DS is on his way to an independent life! It's what every parent hopes for.

I had to LOL when I read you have difficulty remembering students' names. I'm in the same boat! I blame it on the big M! I never used to be that way.

Hi Jody! Thank you letting me live vicariously through you on your last trip! I'm glad we do different things each time you go. I image in FL that the days and nights are pretty close in time for you, like 12 hours day and 12 hours night? We have long nights here in the winter so I love long days of daylight and can never have enough of them!

How is your mom doing with the 5k chiro treatment? Not to mention the IRS mystery...ah, there is a scam about that going around, beware!

I'm sorry you had to go through that craziness about DD's apt.!! I can also relate to learning some things about family you'd prefer not to, that happened to me not long after my mother died.

Have you decided what to do about the IRA money you received? When I quit my last job, I took the IRA money I earned and just moved it to Charles Schwab. They have financial planners that can help you decide what funds to put it in. I am by no means an expert in any sense of the word, but the only thing I've heard about annuities is that the only person that makes money on those is the person selling it to you because they get lots of fees. I don't know if it's possible, but converting the IRA to a ROTH IRA may be worth looking into as well. People have converted them but I don't know how much it costs to do that. But with a ROTH, all of the money you withdraw at retirement is tax-free. OK, I'll shut up now!

Wow! You mentioning the three Cs brought the 20 years I was in Al-Anon right back to me! Did you attend meetings?

So did you have wine or Ronne inspired beer? I'm thinking you may need something harder to deal with that IRS thing!

BRB with my update, just don't want to lose this long post!

OK, so I started a new post instead. :p

I got the job I was hoping to get!!! I started August 1st and I really like it. I have been a paralegal for over 30 years and spent the last 6 also being a supervisor. I am now an office manager and I don't have to do any legal work at all--yippee! I went back to the division I started in in 2006 so I already know probably half the people. I'm slowly learning about all of the crap the previous office manager did to try to divide and conquer the division so she would be indispensible. She did it subtly so no one knew what she was doing. She also failed to let me know anything about a personnel issue that hit me in the face shortly after I started. But I feel like I have been so ready to make this move that nothing has made me mad or freak out. My boss likes it that I'm calm! I also have my workout room set up in my office so I am looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow.

I know I am tired from learning a new job and little Riley is still a handful so I'm OK with not having the motivation to workout. With that being said, I will now return to weed max!

Have an awesome week fit babes!!!

Tracy, great to hear from you and super congrats on the job!!! A quick glance at Weed Max led me to think of something else you probably didn't intend, lol. I did move forward with the financial stuff, I'm ready to bless it and move on. I did more stuff from BM2 today with radical modification. Waves~~

Lol Jody, that would be me doing that form of weed max! Tracy, congrats on job! Short on personals, I'm so sorry about that, still in the throes of this mess, at least I'm not crying 24x7, still no contact with sis but at least my brother is talking with her. Very baby steps, we found out the money lost is double what we thought. My brother is offering to take care of everything, she has to give up her financial POA for that to happen. Does anyone know if diabetes (not very well controlled) can cause your mental health to decline to the point that you make poor decisions and do stuff out of character?

Hello all! I think life is back to normal!

Lisa, I’m so sorry about your sister, so scary. I’m so glad that you are all pulling together. She is lucky to have you all.

Tracey, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sounds like you are enjoying it!!

Ronne, enjoy your vacation!

Jody, money, I need to be better with financial planning, we put it away, I just need to pay more attention to it!

So freaking hot here, I’m done with being hot! Not much else, working, etc. everyone is back at school, now football will be overtaking my weekends, high school on Friday’s, college on Saturday’s, and I know DH will make me watch football all day on Sunday’s! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hello ladies

I'm back! Very refreshed, tanned and relaxed! Had a fab time and I can highly recommend Rhodes, it's beautiful. Very mountainous with lovely beaches and fantastic weather.

Tracey - good to see you again after a while. Congrats on the new job!!! I'm so pleased for you. Taking on a new job is a brain workout at least!

Mary - hope the weather has broken for you. It seems back to normal here. 'Enjoy' the football weekends.

Lisa - glad to hear that your siblings are all pitching in to help. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Jody - glad you got your finances sorted out and hope you can sort your mum's out as well ... Lucky my mum's a bit of a financial whizz - I go to her for advice! Intriguing book title by the way!

Hi fit babes! Thank you all for the job congrats! And yes Ronne, my brain is getting a workout. I told my boss on Friday, "It been another successful week of going brain dead!"

Jody, I didn't intend to say I was doing Lisa's Weed Max, LOL! I'm glad you have your financial decision made and you don't have to think about it anymore.

Hi Lisa! I'm sorry you are still in the throws of sis issues, but I'm happy to hear your brother is talking to her and you are no longer in tears. I used to supervise someone who didn't control her diabetes very well, but it affected her physically more than mentally. I'm no expert though and things affect people differently. I hope this situation is resolved soon.

Hi Mary! I do like my job, and am grateful for it! I'm like you too, I put $ away for retirement and don't pay attention to it. And I know I should! Our weather is finally cooling down here, I hope it is for you too. That's a lotta football Mary! I only watch one game on Sundays, if my team is playing and I'm not doing something else. :)

Ronne, I'm glad you had such a wonderful, relaxing time on your trip!! I often come back from mine needing another vacation to rest! We often pick places to go to that have us running around a lot to see everything. I think I need to go to Rhodes!

I did do some workouts this week, ICE Boot Camp, a Tracie Long workout, TB Giant Sets (that one left me sore the next day) and a few jaunts with the doggies. Yard Max today too. And I've put weight on again darn it, the pants are tight. I have let my eating slip a bit (not to mention a bit more vino too)! So now I've gotta get motivated to get things back in line again. Right now, I have maybe 10% motivation. That's not enough!

Have a fabulous week fit babes!

Hi I did some cross fire guided hit and tabata. Also ordered the tile for the bath and i think the remodel will start next week. Mom's taxes are still in a dither.
Tracey, my scrub pants are super tight right now. Not good! But but I'm envisioning a slimmer healthier me. Ronne it sounds like you had a fantastic time, so glad for you. Did you come back and jump into your workouts like you usually seem to do? Mary, I scrolled through my weather app cities...did you wish away your warm temps? I've had a couple of very busy days at work/12 hours no lunch or breathers of any kind. Lisa, I hope you are managing your house and dog sitting OK. Are you still there? Getting bike rides in as well?
Smiles and waves to all~

Hi everyone! Today did an Yvette workout and walked the dogs, and worked.

Tracey, I hope it’s a good kind of tired, sometimes that is actually reviving. I have put on a few pounds too! I wish I didn’t like sweets so much.

Ronne, sounds like a perfect week. I am always envious of your trips!

Jody, apparently I did wish away the warm! Now it’s chilly and raining. 40 degree temperature difference from last week, we need a happy medium! Dang, that’s a long day without a break!

Lisa, hope you are having fun!

Hi Murphy!

Well, no more Friday night football, band didn’t fit into DS’s schedule. A bit frustrating because he did band camp, drumline camp, every practice, every show and parade before we were told he couldn’t be in band. He’s a little disappointed, but happy too! So now football only Saturday and Sunday! Have to get dinner going! Mary

Hello

Mary - bet you're relieved though even though DS is disappointed. That's ridiculous how much the temp has dropped.

Jody - I've done one Cathe so far but have decided to do yoga for a few weeks. Just feels right at the moment. I'm doing a shoulder strengthening/stretching programme for three weeks.

Tracey - well done on the workouts, that's a pretty good selection. We usually have the full-on sightseeing holidays so it made a nice change to do something so lazy.

Work not too bad this week, calming down a bit thank goodness. Off to the cinema tonight with DH and then for dinner!

Hello! Today did Cathe live, giant sets, it was a tough one.

Ronne, what movie did you go see? I love to go to the movie first, then dinner. If we go to dinner first, I usually fall asleep!

Jody, the rain finally stopped, are you going to be affected by this storm? I think we will get the remnants. Be safe if you are.

Hello to everyone else! Have to go mow the grass before the next round of rain comes. Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.