Who cares in October?

Jody, his room is basically the same as how he left it. Waiting for dh to retire and we’ll tackle cleaning out together. I’m sure there’s a lot after living here 25yrs. Let’s see, there’s basically 6 or 7 routes from the house. Weather is main reason of what to pick. Windy, don’t go west, really windy don’t go in the open spaces, wet, stick to sidewalk , does suki need a good run then go where she’s able to do that. Tired, pick a less hilly route. Lots of times I just head out and just wander , sometimes it turns into a bit too long, whoops! Then there is a place we can park 30min away that again gives us 4more routes. 5if we head toward Denver but last time we were there the homeless camps right on the bike trail wasn’t very desirable, not to mention then all the police . You sound very busy at work, it sounds better than a desk job, kill 2birds with one stone.

Ronne, where have you been, mooching around? I see Joy picked up that term, and I remembered it!

Mary, ah, I bet the ankle brace feels like heaven! Congrats on cleaning, I did do raking yesterday, it got up to 84, today, flurrying here.,

So yesterday was a 20mile ride with neighbor, she’s outta shape for the bike and hills since she’s missed like a month , and in that month dh has been challenging me, and I’ve felt it! She just wanted 20since she’s struggling and slower. Today just a dog walk because of weather. Dh had to fly out at extremely last min to Baltimore, at 3oclock he had to book a 6 o’clock flight gets in at midnight for a morning meeting. Not happy, lots of office politics and bickering at vp level. He was so ready to quit but you never want to leave like that, it’s so hard as I think we’re so close to retirement, I’m sure we could pull the trigger now and cut a few things. The medical insurance worries me, we’ve never had to buy it on the private market. My neighbor does so I know about what we’d have to pay and it seems workable. But change is so scary, we need to meet with our financial planner and get some warm fuzzies. It doesn’t help that neighbors husband retires end of this month and he’s only 57!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Evening,

KCM Body Design Lower Body this morning.

Mary-yesterday was the last day it’s cold a windy here today and we are expecting frost tonight.

Hi everyone

Not been around because we sneaked off to Venice for three days! It's half-term here and when we got back from Costa Rica we decided we needed something to look forward to so booked flights to Venice. Had a wonderful time. Venice is soooo beautiful, even better than I was expecting. (I was a bit like you in London, Jody, I thought I was on a film set to begin with and kept thinking someone would tell us it was fake!) Mary, if you do go to Italy next summer, you have to go to Venice (forget London!). We arrived at sunset and got the ferry from the airport and that just set the tone for the next few days. You can just wander around and see beautiful little squares and side streets, fantastic architecture everywhere. People were lovely, food was great, can't recommend it enough!
It was my birthday just before we went and I got a fitness tracker so I wore it in Venice, and despite the lack of workouts, I walked on average 10-12 kilometres a day so certainly got plenty of exercise!!

Mary - well done on all the clearing out. I quite enjoy doing things like that. You must feel very satisfied! Glad to hear that your ankle has made progress.

Lisa - I don't think I'll be waiting as long as you to clear out DD's room! It must be a worry about health care once you stop working. Re mammograms, we just do them every two years here post-50 to about 70.

Jody - your handyman bloke sounds a bit scary! DD was telling me that one of her art teachers is big on that kind of thing, can't remember what it was. You made me laugh with your 'freezing' 21C!

Right, I better get back to working my way through all the work emails! Have a good weekend, all.

Hi all, cycling as usual. Saturday was a chilly ride with dh to get suki out, she was going crazy and we went to some of her favorite running spots. Sunday it was crazy windy so we aborted the NW route we were planning and changed direction to the East, still windy but not as bad since in the east routes there are some things to break the wind sometimes.

Ronne, in my defense, the first few years DS room was piled with the other DS stuff when hi and his wife moved back in. Do you know other languages for visiting other Europe destinations?

Jody, was talking with friend about traveling and they said how you don’t get as much personal space as we are used to here in the USA. From where I ride my bike and have no desire for riding with groups no matter how good the cause, I’m one that needs space.

I reviewed retirement plan with dh and set up time next week with financial planner. I feel a lot better about it, dh still isn’t sold. When he’s traveling for biz he’s ready, when he’s working from home he says he can work longer . Though he is starting to have issues with his shoulder from sitting at the computer too long.

Rest day today, another freezing cold front moved through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Morning,

I did KCM’s Trim Down 1 and it was the first time I have done the whole thing usually I pick the boxing premix but this was a good workout I was drenched when I was done.

Lisa, interesting about your route choices. The wind can be a huge factor. I've found my long rides are not usually by design. I just head out and next thing you know I've been gone a while. There is a long ride that goes along a canal that I'm interested in taking but I don't want to try it with a group I don't know, nor do I want to take a chance of getting stuck out in BFE on my own.
Exciting that hubs may be able to retire! Re Euro and abundance of personal space- I felt like London was "not wasteful" as in fewer plastic bags, no stacks of napkins, stuff like that. Not sure if that makes sense.

Roxie, sounds like a good workout. I used to work out that hard very regularly, not so much anymore. : /

Ronne, happy recent BD :D. Venice sounds fab! How did DD enjoy? Did she get her art project done? Are you enjoying your tracker? My fitbit is on its last legs but I think I will replace it once falls completely apart.

Mary, they keep coming around at work offering flu vax and I keep saying no. Most places require it (or else) but we are a small community non corporate not for profit based hospital. I think for that reason we often do things differently/get away with stuff, ha ha.

Tracy and Murphy, I haven't seen you lately I hope all is well!

I worked Sat and Sun, both very busy days but I can say that after most every shift. Today I did 4DS HIS and Ba and Ch. Uh, if you haven't done step in awhile I don't recommend doing something you don't know well. I got a little tripped up and almost took a dive but saved it at the last minute. Back in the day I used to get mad that I couldn't follow along with the third section of HIS very well. Now I'm so habituated to not keeping up I just flopped around the step til Cathe got back to me, ha hao_O

Halloween coming up and TG just around the corner. Hugs and waves to all.

Hi ladies

Last day of October already! Where did that go?

Jody - we have a plastic bag 'tax' here now. Large shops have to charge 5p a bag so you're always asked if you want one and more people carry reusable ones around. It's so much better. DD loved Venice as well, she got lots of useful inspiration. Tracker's good but it doesn't seem to keep up with my heart rate when I'm working out. I don't believe that my HR doesn't rise about 120 doing Cathe! Glad you kept your balance on the step, we don't need you joining Mary!

Lisa - sounds pretty windy and cold! Retirement is a big decision. I'd be nervous too. I speak Spanish and French (and DH speaks German) so no Italian between us but I can read menus etc and ask questions in a weird mixture of Spanish/Italian. Don't always understand what's said back though! Nearly everyone spoke English to be honest (and many with an American accent which was a bit weird: tomayto etc!)

Did a KCM today (premix from TLC). Planning to start a new yoga rotation tomorrow. Will see how it goes.

Hi all. Sorry to have not been around, been sick and just plain tired. I am feeling better and hope to be back on track soon. Waves to all and TTYL.

Murphy

Good Evening,

No workout this morning worked until 9 last night and had to be back at 8:30 this morning. We had our first snow today so not ready for winter.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.