Which Step to buy.

twosquared

Cathlete
I am trying to figure out the benefits of the different steps.
I am used to the club step size from working out at a gym and taking classes. When it comes to buying one for the home, is it better to have the club size step or the smaller studio step. Price is a concern, but I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish and of course the more I save the more Cathe products I can have.

I am leaning toward the full size step for the following reasons:

Can use as a bench when doing weights - right now I either use the floor or pull out the stablitiy ball - I guess this is okay

Can buy a high step topper - as my basement will not allow me to go over 10" to do most exercises on it.

I would appreciate all thoughts on this matter.

Thanks

Definitely go with the full size step. As you learn Cathe's style/moves you will find that having the extra space on top is a good thing! :7 Plus, like you said, it also doubles as a weight bench. WELCOME!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Club size step, all the way. I think you would soon outgrow the smaller step, and the full-size step offers more variety. It's a worthwhile investment: I've had mine for over 10 years, and it's still going strong (I don't step every day like some people do, though).

Definitely get the full size step. You can use it as a weight bench too.

I actually just bought the high step and then the club step topper. For some reason it was few bucks cheaper that way, and I got the free Muscle Endurance video that comes with the high step.

I ordered from fitness wholesale. HTH.

Marcy

Just an FYI, I purchased the club size step today and got an added bonus - it comes with Cathe's Basic Step and Cardio and Weights.

I can't weight (he!he!) until tomorrow to work out.

Thanks for all your help in my decision making process.

What is Cathe's Basic Step and Cardio and Weights? Is it the same as Basic Step and Body Fusion, only with a different name? Or is Cardio and Weights something completely different?

I haven't opened it yet, I think it is basic step minus body fusion - (kinda bummed about that), combined with cathe's cardio and weights dvd. It was probably packaged especially for this.
I will let you know this weekend when I hopefully have time to try it.

I got my club step from Walmart.com and it came with the Basic Step + Cardio & Weights. I was really pleased that it came with C&W, since I already have Basic Step + Body Fusion. Cardio & Weights was the workout I decided to "christen" my step with, and holy cow! My butt was officially kicked, and I *loved* that workout. It makes me want to get the "real deal" so I can use all the premixes and stuff, but I'm still a little scared of Imax 2. :)

Up until I bought my step, the Walmart.com listing said the step came with All Step. I e-mailed them to tell them that I was pleased with my step, but that it was selling with a different DVD these days. I figured they'd ignore me, but they wrote back to thank me for my e-mail and they even changed the listing on their website!

If you don't want the DVD, Walmart.com also sells the club step with no DVD for about $57. With the DVD, it's $77.

Thank you for the information. When I went to Walmart in my area, they only had the smaller step, not the club size. I paid $79 for mine and felt like it was a great deal because of the Cathe dvd's.

Can you please tell me how the basic step that is included with the step differs from the one on Cathe's website - Basic Step and Body Fusion. This was one I wanted to order and don't know if it is still worth it - depends on how much it is missing.

I guess I consider myself and intermediate exerciser. My step is very rusty as it has been at least 6 or 7 years since doing it, and I find I have trouble with Cathe's choreography - hence the reason for wanting basic step.

Go to the DVD section on Cathe's website for her variety and different Step workouts. It clearly identifies each one as Beg/Int or Advanced.

The Basic Step and Body Fusion is Beginning/Intermediate. A drastic difference in the routine vs. her advance stepping DVD's/VHS's which definately kicks is up a notch and keeps you in a high heart rate with huge calorie blasting.

For those confused on the difference on the steps, go to this link:

http://www.fitness1st.com/Steps-Benches.html

All the steps and benches are featured, including the LENGTH, which is a huge difference. The first one is the GYM STYLE ORIGINAL STEP, which Cathe uses in her advanced workouts. Further down is the Beginning/Intermediate Step which is currently featured at Target with her BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE Step DVD's.

Hope this clears up everything. I originally got the smaller step and quickly gave it away and purchased the Original Step. You can use this equipment for bench presses and can ALWAYS purchase extra risers for your fitness level.

Hopes this helps!

Linda
"We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated."
Maya Angelou

I took my basic home step back to Wal-Mart. I purchased a club size step at Wal-Mart.com. Stepping on the basic home step was loud. :)
I did have the basic home step for 2 months. The box did not list the dimensions.

Tia

Sports Chalet sales a full size step. It cost about $75 after taxes. It comes with basic Step and Cardio and Weights.

Tia:) :) :9

I have a concern... I have the full-size step, but now we have a piece of furniture in the room where I exercise. It is just too tight around the step to maneuver comfortably.

Furthermore I was never able to enjoy Step/Intervals (or is it 10-10-10) and another one where you grapevine away from the step. There just isn't enough room.

I want a smaller dimension for that room, although I still want to keep my full-size step to use as a weight bench or whatever, and I have the high step (topper).

It looks like, on Amazon, there are 2 similar blue home steps. I told my DH I wanted a home-size step like in "Low Impact Step" from WalMart.

My question is, should I expect it to be noisy? Will it be bad? Did I ask him for the wrong one? Etc.

Thanks, anyone, for addressing my nit-picky question.

Connie

Hi,
I would like to buy Low Max and I also only have the small version of a step. I have the High Step with 5 blocks that came with it. Do these work with the Club step? the one at Walmart, or can you just buy the top somewhere? I don;t need more than 5 of the blocks.

I just went to Fitness Wholesale and see that they sell the individual 4 " platforms for $38.95.. If I could be sure my High Step risers would work with this I would buy it. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.