Which Ab circuit routine do you think is the hardest?

michefit

Cathlete
My vote is for weights and plates, then no weights and then those darn stability ball ones! I didn't feel the ball one as much because I couldn't actually coordinate some of the moves to really feel it enough. What does everyone else think?

Those plates

I think the weights and plates, particularly, the plate work. I really like stability ball, but forget those one legged pikes--YIKES! I have to just to the two legged for now. Its my goal to master those and the plates.

Weights and plates without a doubt! The other gals at the gym were looking at me like I was crazy this past Saturday when I was doing that one (or should I say ATTEMPTING to do!).

Carrie

is cathe for real????

ok, i did the yoga abs today. and that lotus thing is UNREAL!!! how does she do that???? i can't even begin to do it. my arms don't seem to be long enough, and even if they were, i still can't do it.
so, there ya go, my 2 cents on the abs. that is the only one i have done so far, so i just can't wait to see the rest.
cathy

Cathy,

I remember seeing Cathe doing the extended leg levitation for the first time on the roadtrip years ago. I didn't think my level of respect for Cathe could go any higher until that moment! I tried doing it and couldn't lift myself off the floor. After a few more attempts, I realized I was contracting my hip flexors instead of my abs. I also discovered that if I leaned slightly backwards, I could get off the ground. It took me a couple more months of practicing before I could build up the strength to extend my legs. I haven't practiced those in well over a year. I can only extend my legs with a slight bent to them. Can't fully straighten them anymore; much less bring them back into half lotus. But, if we keep working on it, it will happen.:)

Wendy

I agree my arms are not long enough, but after seeing Cathe using the Yoga blocks for wall squats on her CatheTV segment it gave me the idea to use them.
I still may not be able to do them, but at least it will give me a chance. I have a long torso and short limbs, so my hands will not go flat on the floor even with my elbows locked. :mad:

For me, it's the stability ball section. I didn't have trouble with the plates, but I'm rolling all over with that ball. I'm getting better, though.

I agree my arms are not long enough, but after seeing Cathe using the Yoga blocks for wall squats on her CatheTV segment it gave me the idea to use them.
I still may not be able to do them, but at least it will give me a chance. I have a long torso and short limbs, so my hands will not go flat on the floor even with my elbows locked. :mad:

I'm so glad I never realized how short my arms and how long my torso was when I was determined to do the extended leg levitations. I might not have tried!:D It wasn't until I started learning how to massage that I realized how short my arms are in relation to my torso. I've had to learn how to adjust my body mechanics alot because of it. Really, try leaning backwards a little while lifting up. It may help. Be careful with the yoga blocks. Great idea. Those should help too!

Wendy

I did the stability ball (or tried to do) abs last night and it wasn't so bad until like the last 5 minutes. I'll have to work up to those!!!

Charlene

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.