where to begin

FLgirl

Hi I discovered Cathe on FitTV and fell in love w/ her work outs. I have now just discovered this website and want to purchase some DVD's. I dont know where to begin. I just purchased a step. Im looking for something that will tone my muscles (especially my legs and butt). Any suggestions as what my first purchase should be. Theres just so much to choose from. Thanks for your time in advance :)

A favorite around here is Cross Train Express (CTX). There is a little of everything in these series: kickboxing, hi/lo, step, strength, and interval. It is a great introduction to Cathe! It consists of six different w/o, one total KILLER lower body! Each cardio segment is about 30 min, followed by toning one body part for 10 min. and four of them have abs routines. This is a great DVD for mixing workouts and getting to know her choreography. You will really enjoy it! And it is a super BANG for your buck! You really can't beat the price.

HTH,
Missy

I agree that CTX is awesome...there is also the kick punch crunch/legs and glutes dvd. This one is great for toning up the legs and the butt. KPC is kickboxing and that is a great toner and L & G is a kick a$$ routine for your lower body!

Have fun!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

Pyramid Upper and Lower Body DVD is good for toning up. There are some good premixes on the DVD that makes it a really good bang for buck.

Welcome to the Forum!!

These are all really good suggestions. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of Cathe's workouts. So, to confuse you a little more, I'll throw in the new Gym Style Legs and Pure Strength legs and abs.

Both workouts have standing and floor work. GS uses a resistance band for the floor exercises and PS uses a body bar or ankle weight.

Susan C.M.
Nothing should be jiggling, unless it's jiggling off. - Cathe in HSC

For your goals, I would vote for either KPC/L&G or GS Legs. KPC is my all-time fave workout and L&G is excellent for toning the legs and glutes. It is also a good starting point for beginners because it doesn't require a whole lot of equipment and the fun factor is really high.

GS Legs is also awesome, though, and I think hits the inner thighs differently and harder than any of the other Cathe lower body workouts. (At least for me; I have DOMS for two days afterwards!)

You really can't go wrong with any choice....

Good luck & let us know what you picked! The next best thing to buying Cathe is watching other people buy Cathe!
:7 :7 :7

Cheers,
Marie

I noticed you said you just purchased a step. I might consider low max too, then you can really have some fun with your step. I personally really love low max (mind you I dont use any risers at this point I am still quite heavy working towards my goal)

WARNING - CATHE IS ADDICTIVE I have become a complete addict (its a good thing). I found cathe a few months ago, purchased Step Jump & Pump/Step Blast (from the body blast series) and in the past 6 weeks have spent another $400.00 on Cathe Workouts. Best $400.00 I ever spent - even my husband does not complain;-) ;-)

Have fun:7

Thanks, I was wondering what DVD to purchase for my new step. I can already tell I am going to be an addict. Im really glad I discovered her. Ever since I stopped going to the gym and started working out at home I could not find anyone that I really enjoyed working out to. Now I do not have to look anymore. Thanks for the tip! :)

For the step... Cardio Hits (older workouts but they rock), IMAX2/C&W, SB/SJP, and Low Max FOR STARTERS.

The CTX suggestion ain't bad either.:)

Pinky

Sorry this doesn't have to do with your question, but since I see you're in FL(like me) I was wondering if you are going to try and go to the Roadtrip in July? Just wondered if you knew anything about Jersey. I've been to the Newark airport and that's it.
Even though I'm a Cathe newbie, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
Good luck with your workouts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.