When do you start showing your baby bump?

nurse34

Cathlete
Hello everyone!! I have been on the forums for over 3 years and this will be my first pregnancy post. I told everyone at this years roadtrip that I was pregnant, and boy do I have lots of questions. Even though I am a nurse, people always think I know what to do. I'm scared, nervous, excited not to mention hormonal!!! I think that is the only side effect that I got (thank goodness). I am now 10 weeks and I want to know when did you first start to show with your first pregnancy. I know everyone is different but I like to ask this question. Talk to you later.
Lisa

Lisa - congratulations! That's so exciting. It's perfectly normal to be nervous and excited. And......it will be very soon that you will start to "see" a little something. It's probably right around 3 to 3 1/2 mos. you actually say, wow..is that something there?

Just think you are already well into your first trimester, 2nd trimester is when I always felt the best!

Good luck with your pregnancy! You'll be in good hands with Cathe's forums.

With my first, my belly "popped" overnight at 16 weeks.
I went from looking pudgy and bloated to visibly pregnant, literally overnight.

Congrats!! With my first I really didn't start showing until I was about 18 weeks but it literally happens overnight. One morning you will wake up and instead of looking like you're putting on weight, you'll look pregnant! I've noticed this time around with my second I'm starting to show already and I'm only 15 weeks. I'm still in the pudgy stage but it just seems to have come sooner. Good Luck!

I just had my first and it took a really long time for me to look pregnant - even up to 7 months people didn't notice. I think that is more typical for a first time mother. It wasn't until I was a week overdue that I really started to feel "big". I know the position of the baby can also really make a difference and obviously the build of the mother.

CONGRATULATIONS by the way!!!

I looked like I was just getting chubby for a long time, like I'd have people I hadn't seen in a while do a double take but not say anything just in case I really was just gaining weight. It was around 5 1/2 or 6 months that I definitely had a baby bump and not just a spare tire. I'm not teeny tiny though. I think if you have a naturally bigger frame it takes longer than a very thin petite woman to show.

Hi everyone - I'm a lurker, but thought I would post on this one since I just experienced it this week. I'm pregnant with my first and I just starting showing at 16 weeks, this week, and I swear it happened overnight!

Thanks everyone for the responses. I am sure I will be asking more questions as I go along!!
Lisa

Congrats Lisa

Thanks everyone for the responses. I am sure I will be asking more questions as I go along!!
Lisa

Congrats again Lisa! Ditto to what the others and Liann said. You can go 4-6months w/out showing much with your first (not so with the next one(s) just like muscle memory, ha!) but b/c you are a petite build you may show on the earlier side whereas a taller lady-like Liann has a more space for baby :D

I can't wait for your little one to start a Zumb♥ P♥rty for you...a little later on :rolleyes:

Cyndi ♫

19 weeks w/ my first and I'm not *quite* showing through my clothes but they are getting more snug. Wore a belly band for the first time yesterday - and it worked!

Question: When I look at myself from the side (no clothes) I only see a tiny bump, but my whole mid-section looks "thick." Did any of you experience that? Like, the sides of my waist and towards my back are thicker, which makes my pants snug, but not a whole lot of bump going on in the front. Is that weird?

19 weeks w/ my first and I'm not *quite* showing through my clothes but they are getting more snug. Wore a belly band for the first time yesterday - and it worked!

Question: When I look at myself from the side (no clothes) I only see a tiny bump, but my whole mid-section looks "thick." Did any of you experience that? Like, the sides of my waist and towards my back are thicker, which makes my pants snug, but not a whole lot of bump going on in the front. Is that weird?

not weird at all - that's exactly how I was with my first am now with my second (I'm 18 weeks). It looks more like you have just put on weight instead of being pregnant. I have noticed that people I work with that don't know I am pregnant are starting to look at me, maybe thinking I've let myself go lol. Don't worry one morning you will wake up and all of a sudden you'll really look pregnant :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.