What's your idea of a cool job?

cakebaker

Cathlete
A different twist on the "what is your job" thread. I'd like to be a restaurant critic and get paid to eat out. Or a taster in the Ben & Jerry's test kitchen.

I've always wanted to work in the nursery at a zoo and raise the orphaned animals until they can be placed in with the adults. When I applied for college I had a major in mind that would have allowed me to do that but I just didn't have enough drive to make it through college... :-( x(

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

Oh Wendy that's perfect! I wish I had posted that first!!!

My present p/t job is my next idea of the coolest job - it would be the coolest if it paid enough to live on. I petsit p/t and today have the privilege of sharing my life with the cutest pom puppy, a beautiful American Eskimo, a spunky Pug and the ugliest, lovable mongrel you ever did see. What fun.

Trish

if money didnt matter (as far as making enough to live on), i would work in a greenhouse or a Borders books!!..so that would be my dream job....relaxing!!!!!!!!!

Joanna...Me too, except it would be Barnes & Noble. Landscaping would be cool too. I just love to dig in the dirt, deadhead, plant...Mmmmm :) Fresh air, sunshine and hard work - I'm getting spring fever!

Ginny

a volcanologist, i love volcano's! or a computer game tester...bit of a leap between those two heh. :)
maddie

Archeologist or paleontologist for me also. How totally interesting and exciting!!!! Or a makeup artist for supermodels, stars, etc... Or a really awesome drummer in a really great band. Or maybe a really successful artist.
Now I feel depressed!! ;-) Truly though, I just want to be a really great mommy! That's good enough for me!:7

I would love to open up my own Coffee House/Booknook, decorate it with local art and have a beautiful patio for the warm weather and serve healthy fare :). I have also always loved Archaeology and Paleontology, I could spend hours and hours in museums, I would love to go on a dig :) .

Oh Choices! Choices!

Sex Therapist maybe........(to please me)

but proberly a Air Hostess (to please my Mum)

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My Grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

An outdoor-anything at the San Diego Wildlife Preserve

A tour guide in Washington DC

A screenwriter for indie flicks (actually, I'm beginning to write screenplays myself)

Actually, I have not one but two very cool jobs:

By day I review and investigate domestic violence crimes (misdemeanor and felony) for criminal prosecution; I extensively interview victims and witnesses of individual crimes, I document injuries with photos and medical records, I document and gather evidence for stalking cases and protective order violations, I work extensively with prosecutors, law enforcement and corrections officers, and at times I testify as an investigative witness in revocation hearings and trials. The work is endlessly compelling, although sometimes draining.

And twice a week I instruct aqua group fitness classes. Talk about getting paid to have fun AND stay in shape myself!

A-Jock

An eco-tour guide. I would plan eco friendly trips to all kinds of places and accompany people, teaching them about the environment and the fascinating details about varying ecosystems, while enjoying the natural wonders of the world. Making sure I land somewhere warm for the month of February!
Heather

I would definately say what Cathe does has to be my dream job! My owns studio!! Otherwise a historian and I would travel all over the world, anything to be outside or reading! :D

LOL I was thinking along the same lines but I'd rather just be a receptionist at the gym. That way I wouldn't have all that hard work & responsibility, & I could work out as much as I wanted.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.