what's your favorite christmas cd??

jdoll

Cathlete
i have been looking all over the internet for christmas cds, but i can't decide which ones i want. i already have mariah carey's(awesome) and i just ordered toni braxton and whitney houston's xmas cds. anyone have a various artist album you love that i shouldn't live without??

jes

I guess I'm old fashioned when it comes to Christmas music. I like the songs I remember as a child. Remember when they used to sell Christmas records at the gas station? Anyway, my favorite is Time Life's Treasury of Christmas. It's a 3 CD set that has practically every Christmas song ever written, sung by the artists I remember from the Christmas specials as a child, Andy Williams, Perry Como, Judy Garland, Bing Crosby. My kids just love listening to it.

The Chipmunk's Christmas Song! "Me I want a hoola-hoop!" LOL!! Anyone who can tell me where to find that one - CD, cassette, LP (those big round vinyl things, remember them?? LOL), 45 (small round vinyl things!!), heck I'll even take an 8-track tape!! Don't have anything to play it on, but I love that silly song! It reminds me of my childhood.

I also love Nat King Cole, and believe it or not, Andy Williams singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year" will take me back as well. I'm really dating myself here ... LOL!!

GREAT thread!!! Thanks for starting it!!! (we need more of these on here!!!!)

Carol
:)

Oh, and Porky Pig singing "Blue Christmas"!! LOL!! :p

Attn carol: RE: what's your favorite christmas cd??

yes carol, i had chipmunk christmas (the vinal record) when i was a kid.."want a plane that loop-ty loops and we want a hool-a hoop, we can hardly stand to wait please christmas don't be late!" Great choice! ROFLMAO!

jes:eek:

One of my favorites is Harry Connick Jr.. Also I really like one I have by Amy Grant. I have quite a few but these are ones that I put in every year.
Diane Sue

Hello all!

A few of may faves...

Pottery Barn holiday CD
December by George Winston (piano music)
Charlie Brown Christmas
Squirrel Nut Zippers Christmas CD

Can't wait to start playing them!

-Melanie

Like LeslieW I really like TimeLife cd's. It has a little bit of everything as far as style of singing goes. Another favorite of mine is Alabama Christmas. These are the 2 I reach for every year.

Kim

Joan Baez's Noel, love that. Bob Seeger and The Silver Bullet Band did a beautiful version of little drummer boy. This is a fun thread thanks for posting it. I've been digging out all my christmas music all morning!
Heather

We also have the Time Life collection and enjoy it every year.

My favourite Christmas CD is 'We Three Kings' by 'The Roches', 3 sisters singing adaptations of classics with beautiful folky harmonies, it makes the house feel so cozy and Christmasey:)

We also really enjoy a collection of silly songs like 'Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer'. My fave fun Christmas song is the Snoopy versus the Red Baron song I think it was called 'Christmas Bells'. I haven't heard that one in ages...

Take Care
Laurie

Ella Fitzgerald- Ella Wishes You a Swingin' Christmas
Harry Connick Jr. - When My Heart Finds Christmas, Harry for the Holidays
Amy Grant- Home for Christmas, A Christmas Album, A Christmas to Remember
George Winston- December
Bing Crosby
The Roches- We Three Kings (I like it, too! Esp. Deck the Halls :eek:)
Vince Guaraldi- A Charlie Brown Christmas
David Benoit- more Charlie Brown music
Nat King Cole
Mills Brothers

Puntamayo's "Christmas Around the World". world beat spins on the classics, plus some you've never heard before. For the classics, Time Life, of course. :)
Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.